redman4

Debutant
Jul 22, 2008
narre warren
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Has anyone seen the previews of an upcoming game called borderland? is supposed to be a fps/rpg and if the trailer is anything to go by, seems really funny and a bit funky. Was reading somewhere that the will 3million plus unique guns in the game. 3 MIL!!!

Re: Borderland

Atleast make the thread pretty by adding pictures.

This is a must have for me. They're calling it an RPS (Role-Playing Shooter), it has OVER 3 million weapons, the developers have lost count.

There's also 4 Player Co Op(Offline) and two player splitscreen.

It's looking like a cartoonish version of Fallout 3 (but not as hardcore).

What disappoints me the most, the game used to have insane graphics but then they changed the art-style half way through development and now it looks pretty crap tbh.

3,166,880 weapons combos in the game.

I still don't know about the game. It looks like it could work and with the amount of weapons you would assume it would be a shoe-in, but I haven't really seen any gameplay that has grabbed me and made me want it like so many other games have.

Still a 50/50 for me right now.

Release date at the moment is the 23rd of October.

EB Games have a pre-order incentive as well:
Source: http://ebgames.com.au/ps3/product.cfm?id=14320
147053_deal_3.jpg

i remember reading that it's more fps than anything and that they've really nailed the fps element ALOT better than fallout 3 did

don't ask for a link because i don't remember which site i read it on

Does this game have co op offline? or any other 2 player modes offline?
2 Player Split-screen (Offline) co-op, 4 player online co-op. Not sure about the other multiplayer modes and if they're online only or not though.

I have been stressing over whether or not to get this as it does look ok. But have been reading up on this and Fallout 3 and decided that Fallout 3 looks better and with the GOTY edition adding in 5 DLC packs it was a sure buy for me now.

Might have to rent out Borderlands down the line and see what it's like. The graphics still don't sit well with me and the gameplay looks a bit average, but I reckon the 4 player co-op would be good fun.

Everyone is raving about it when played co-op, it sounds pretty sweet. I wish they had chucked in some armour orientated loot though, things like boots and gloves etc etc. I'm an absolute loot whore, I love finding all the uniques in Diablo and everything, so I was a bit disappointed to hear this is really only limited to gun/other weapon loot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i got my mate to pick up this and smackdown vs raw 2010 for me yesterday

just chucked borderlands in my ps3 since i just had a few matches on svr late last night.

can't wait to see all the diff unique weapons and how it handles coz it looks freakon awesome!

ok played it for the last few hours and it's awesome!

it started off very slowly with the most basic of tasks but it slowly but surely picks up the pace and the loot you start picking up gets better and better

at first i wasn't really feeling the shooting mechanic but once i got a better gun than the piece of s**t you start with it felt great

one of the things i LOVE about this game is picking up new guns from fallen enemies or just from general exploration and comparing the weapons, seeing their stats and how they feel to fire.
they all have a very different feel to each other and it's awesome when you find one that feels just right (like my smg and machine pistol that sets people on fire hahaha)

i definitely recommend it for a game unlike something you've probably ever played before but with a warning that it's definitely not a game for everyone.

apparently the co-op is one of the best around from everywhere i've read/watched so if you're into co-op then it's even better

here's igns video review which is quite good and mirrors my feelings so far
(better than gametrailers imo)
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objec...ands_vdr_101909.html;jsessionid=80906p36ob873

can one of the mods please fix the title to this thread.....it's frustrating me every time i see it lol

"Borderlands" is the games title

In a quandary what to get first, this or Forza. I'm such a massive fallout fan tho, this one is luring me like the sirens song. Looks right up my alley

Same here, Co-Op sounds good.

I'm planning on picking them both up (Forza and Borderlands) using Jb's trade in deals, it works out a far bit cheaper.
I've already got a couple I want to get rid of like Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Red Alert 3 (you can get this for $20 on Ebay and use it), but there are a few $17.50 titles you can pick up from EB Games and use to trade in.

i only have like....one person on my friends list that i've seen playing this game so makes me wish i could play it co-op with you guys :( (even though there's a shitload of games i could jump in from the multiplayer menu)

also thanks for the title fix!

i only have like....one person on my friends list that i've seen playing this game so makes me wish i could play it co-op with you guys :( (even though there's a shitload of games i could jump in from the multiplayer menu)

also thanks for the title fix!

Get a xbox and play with Mancey and I. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back