doormat11

Debutant
May 24, 2006
Perth and the outback
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton and Palmyra JFC
He calls a spade a **** and has never minced words. Last night on 6PR he suggested '''''if Jeff likes Denis then he should take him to Glenferrie and it would cost the Blues zero...The Blues need to get Carey to coach (profile obviously won't hurt) bring SOS over to sort out the backline, Diesel can sort out the middle and Bradley is only passionate about Carlton so he'd be another handy acquisition. Ratten wouldn't be too bad in the mix either''''''
I know our skill level is just ordinary so Bradley could certainly help out there, Diesel was no slouch at ball handling, Ratten can teach them to get in and under or at least get their heads over the footy, SOS, well, SOS kept Carey under control once or twice and we're all aware of his greatness. TD seems to be doing ok but I suppose Sticks is always there.
I think there's merit in Hardie's thinking. We could go on.......think about it, there are those who want Pagan ousted and a replacement won't be all that simple to find!
We need passionate people at Carlton, we're passionate because we're always writing stuff like this on this forum, the Blues need passionate people driving or players (remember the story about pre game from Sticks to the players?) we need passionate people, people who really want to put pride back into the Navy Blue jumper.
That is all. Good night:cool:

It would be great to see SOS, Diesel, Braddles, Ratten and co. in coaching positions at Carlton, doubt it would happen though :mad:

stokesy said:
It would be great to see SOS, Diesel, Braddles, Ratten and co. in coaching positions at Carlton, doubt it would happen though :mad:

Why would it be great to have them coaching at Carlton? We need the best coaches at Carlton, not just because they played for us. If they are the best, then cool, but let's not just assume they are the best for Carlton.

stokesy said:
Best players don't necessarily make great coaches and SOS, no matter how much we love him, doesn't come across as a good communicator through television and all his interviews.

Bradley I think was highly rated when he was asked to be an assistant at either the Saints or Bombers (forgot which one) but he hasn't any experience yet. Ratten also has limited experience and I'm not sure about Diesel.

Shaun Rehn seemed highly rated as he was pursued by a number of clubs prior to joining Brisbane. I'd eventually prefer a young, tough player who has been an assistant for a number of years, if it's a Carlton player - even better but I can't see any Navy Blue champion becoming a coach in the short-term.

Gary Ayres anyone?

He's an experienced coach, and he knows how to rebuild a list. Obviously he left the Crows a bit early though... He was prepping them for big things..

Carey would be a great long term coach for Carlton, I think that he is as passionate as they come. He would put together his own couching staff and that should not have to include past Carlton players, just the best available.

Funkalicous said:
Gary Ayres anyone?

He's an experienced coach, and he knows how to rebuild a list. Obviously he left the Crows a bit early though... He was prepping them for big things..

No thanks! If I was gonna take a current assistant coach, it would be Garry O'Donnell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back