News Welcome to Carlton Brad Ebert - Development Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

But — and I’m surprised no one has asked — can he still play through the middle?*

* Based on the picture he’s certainly kept fit.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I’ve noted through Ebert’s journey is a well regarded/respected guy with a “team first” mindset as a core.
This would obviously be known and valued by Voss, complimenting the united/committed culture now driving the club.
Working closely with Power and the youth going forward, Ebert can help add to the incremental improvement that would take Carlton to the next “contending” level …

Good to see we're still investing in development and not sitting on our hands between seasons. I'm sure Vossy got a good insight into how he rolls in their time at Port. 👍

Seems a good appointment, development and tactics are where we go forward in terms of coaching, these are the areas I see with our off field team that are a little weak.

Good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
00A9-300x300.png

Stig O'Hara

The bloke is 32, retired a couple of years ago on the back of injuries. Has filled what I assume was a part time role as a strategic “consultant” with Port since.
I only asked the question as I have no idea when he retired and if he had been doing something with a sanfl club or whatever.
Memory of him was average player,not a good kick,so I wondered why he is employed by us that is all.

I only asked the question as I have no idea when he retired and if he had been doing something with a sanfl club or whatever.
Memory of him was average player,not a good kick,so I wondered why he is employed by us that is all.
Alistair Clarkson couldn’t kick over a jam tin and a thug. The coaches with the best records generally are good players but the best … look at the attributes … tough committed, passionate, leaders.

Alistair Clarkson couldn’t kick over a jam tin and a thug. The coaches with the best records generally are good players but the best … look at the attributes … tough committed, passionate, leaders
No need to be defensive matey,I was merely asking about him as people on here are more cluey about who is doing/ done what than myself.
Also wondering how the interview process went or if Vossy just gave him the job with upper management okaying it.

Last edited:
To be honest not a fan of appointing someone without experience in the role. If his attributes align with our vision of the position, that's great, and may be enough to make him a reasonable appointment.

I would expect though there's more experienced and talented people that have the runs on the board in developing young sportsmen.

Looks like a tap on the shoulder rather than casting the net.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back