Past Brad 'Snagga' Harvey (2011-2012)

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to school with brad and played a lot of footy with him and have to say he was a standout.
Not quite sure where the poor kicking opinion came from as I always thought his kicking was incredible.
Also one of the toughest players, always at the bottom of the packs.
Anyway, I hope he is retained because there is definitely potential there.

From what I seen he was a good kick, not brilliant but good. The question is has he showed enough in the reserves to be retained?

Well I suppose for all the obvious athletic abilities, there comes a tendency to not be the hardest worker. Spose he wasn't the one who was always out training and that showed with his below average endurance when coming to the club.
I guess development staff must either see the potential for brad to increase his training and show the work ethic required to make his way into the senior side, or he may be coming home. Hope it works out for him.

Well I suppose for all the obvious athletic abilities, there comes a tendency to not be the hardest worker. Spose he wasn't the one who was always out training and that showed with his below average endurance when coming to the club.
I guess development staff must either see the potential for brad to increase his training and show the work ethic required to make his way into the senior side, or he may be coming home. Hope it works out for him.
If two seasons on the rookie list, watching others get their chance, is not enough to get your work ethic up, nothing will. Like you I would have loved to see Brad succeed (and was excited to see him rookie listed) but clubs that are striving to improve as we are can't afford to wait while rookie players decide whether they want an AFL career badly enough.

Around five hours ago brad uploaded a photo onto instagrag of him and patty warden, he hashtagged #gonnamisshim #delisted

Do you reckon it's a joke or he has actually been delisted?

Around five hours ago brad uploaded a photo onto instagrag of him and patty warden, he hashtagged #gonnamisshim #delisted

Do you reckon it's a joke or he has actually been delisted?
Hmmm. The tweet has been taken down now, but the way that's worded it could have been either Brad or Patrick. Will be interesting to see. Brad seems the most likely.

Hmmm. The tweet has been taken down now, but the way that's worded it could have been either Brad or Patrick. Will be interesting to see. Brad seems the most likely.

Wearden was a ND pick so still has a year to run on his contract. Got to assume it was Brad.

It wasn't a tweet, it was from a photo posted on instagram with that as the caption

Farethee well Harvey, we hardly knew yee :( Always had time for this kid.

Find it very hard to believe he couldn't break into the seniors not even once, with those abilities. Sure his kicking and tank might not have been there, but there was something there to work with. A bit confused about this delisting. :confused:

Footballer > athlete. The Jarred Oakley-Nicholls story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was rarely in the best for the reserves. They did stuff him around a bit in his first season but he didn't show that much.

Brad Harvey 2012 End of Season Review
by thoselionslads

2011 review

Senior games: 0
Goals: 0
Dreamteam: 0
Supercoach: 0
Club Best and Fairest Votes: 0

6710823105_4e329d895e_z.jpg

Image (2012 preseason) courtesy of Mr Ripper

After starting the season knowing he needed to impress, Harvey suffered an untimely ankle injury that was to end his 2012 season. A season ending injury was the last thing the rookie needed after a so-so first year on the list.

Drafted on the back of his elite athletic qualities, Harvey was given a variety of roles in his time with the reserves at the club. Given his natural speed and leap, Harvey was for a period of time, given the role of shutting down the oppositions best forward. Harvey played this role with varying success. Season 2011 contained good and not-so-good games for Brad. Whilst he showed an ability to produce some magic, the inability to continually influence the games hurt him.

2012 was more positive pre-injury. The highlight of which contained multiple goal performances up forward and some spectacular goals. Despite the flashes of brilliance, the general consensus seemed to be that Harvey was more athlete than footballer.

Without the knack of gathering high possession numbers, athletic players like Brad need to either develop football nous or use their talents to shut down an opponent. Without consistantly producing either, it was always going to be hard for Brad to push for senior selection. Whilst it is unfortunate that after a promising start to the year, Harvey's body did not allow him to show his worth, that is the nature of the beast.

With a couple of years of development in the VFL, who knows how good he could be.

Explosive talent Brad Harvey and power forward Bryce Retzlaff have joined the Hawks in the hope of reviving their AFL careers

"We knew there was some talent playing on rookie lists, and on the back end of Brisbane's list in particular, so we thought we'd target a few of those," he said.

"Brad's a former Eastern Ranges boy, so there's a good link with the community. Bryce is a born-and-bred Queenslander but he wants to get in front of as many AFL eyes as possible."

Harvey was selected at No.13 in the 2010 rookie draft, after demonstrating his explosive athleticism at the draft combine, and the Hawks expect him to be a damaging half-forward.

The game saw star recruit, ex- Brisbane Lions player Bradley Harvey play his first game in the brown and gold and Collins was impressed with his first outing. “He was good and he got through the game unscathed so he will be ready to go better next week with a game under his belt” he said.

Well done Brad; lets hope we can see you back in the AFL some time soon.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back