Brent Moloney

Remove this Banner Ad

just maybe

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2005
Other Teams
Adelaide
I love this little player. Aggression, pace, long kicking...we really could have done with something of his sort running through our midfield and racking up inside 50s...

I know could-have-beens are dangerous, but I think with a bit more verve and aggression in trading we could have parted with someone like Burton to fatten up our trade offerings and ended up with both Moloney AND Thompson...both with huge upsides, aggression and skill - exactly what we need in our midfield.

Some of his hard running is just awesome to watch...

just maybe said:
I love this little player. Aggression, pace, long kicking...we really could have done with something of his sort running through our midfield and racking up inside 50s...

I know could-have-beens are dangerous, but I think with a bit more verve and aggression in trading we could have parted with someone like Burton to fatten up our trade offerings and ended up with both Moloney AND Thompson...both with huge upsides, aggression and skill - exactly what we need in our midfield.

Some of his hard running is just awesome to watch...
YEah he is a type that you love to watch.. bangs it in long inside 50 with his thumping kicks and has pace and aggression that you love to see in a player.

Geelong parted with Moloney VERY reluctantly to secure Brad Ottens in a three team trade. We wouldn't have had a chance.
What they were thinking, I cannot answer.
And I agree, Moloney is a star.

Vic Crow said:
Geelong parted with Moloney VERY reluctantly to secure Brad Ottens in a three team trade. We wouldn't have had a chance.
What they were thinking, I cannot answer.
And I agree, Moloney is a star.

They were thinking the same as we did when we gave away the farm to get Carey.

Except they didn't exchange Moloney for a 32 year old forward with rooted shoulders.

Having just gone to new club and doing well there, can't really understand why he would even be considered for third a club in 3 years - best look at someone else!

macca23 said:
They were thinking the same as we did when we gave away the farm to get Carey.

Except they didn't exchange Moloney for a 32 year old forward with rooted shoulders.

dont be bitter ;)

the difference is that geelong have recruited an abudance of other young midfielders to fill his place. Time we sack Jimmy i'm thinking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back