Bring Back Bethanga!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading todays paper was great to see Wodonga Saints returning to their roots by playing Mitta out there this year:thumbsu: They got any other games out there this year? Mite get the locals fired up to get new stand alone club up and running. I hated goin there in the middle of winter to play (even though we normally won) but they were allways good bunch of blokes to play against.:)

Heard from 2 separate senior coaches that Wodonga Saints were approached to join the Upper Murray if they relocate back to Bethanga for the 2011 season.:eek:

Heard from 2 separate senior coaches that Wodonga Saints were approached to join the Upper Murray if they relocate back to Bethanga for the 2011 season.:eek:
Would be great for the league i know our blokes would be rapt to play against more than 5 other sides even if had to make the trek down. Especially now were getting a 2's side back on the park this year. Might Bullioh a bit of competition for recruiting players into the league. Dunno how we would go gettin junior numbers though.:confused:

Would be great for the league i know our blokes would be rapt to play against more than 5 other sides even if had to make the trek down. Especially now were getting a 2's side back on the park this year. Might Bullioh a bit of competition for recruiting players into the league. Dunno how we would go gettin junior numbers though.:confused:
Looking at their results against Tallangatta and Kiewa this year I'd think even you blokes would get a win against them Demon!

Would this idea be back on the agenda at all? Clearly the arrangement at Wodonga isn't working. I know they are trying hard by building up from the juniors, but surely most of the good junior players are going to try Raiders or Bulldogs. I can't see the club surviving under its current model.

Would this idea be back on the agenda at all? Clearly the arrangement at Wodonga isn't working. I know they are trying hard by building up from the juniors, but surely most of the good junior players are going to try Raiders or Bulldogs. I can't see the club surviving under its current model.

Totally agree on this, most leagues need to be revamped

Totally agree on this, most leagues need to be revamped
The Hume league had this problem a decade ago but they went with mergers as Walbundrie, Brocklesby and Burrumbuttock were terrible and they didn't have any other option other than merging. I can't see too many clubs in the tallangatta league wanting to merge with them. Pity they do have juniors but most of them leave for O and M thirds or to other bush clubs, hopefully they can turn it around but I wouldn't bet on it.

The Hume league had this problem a decade ago but they went with mergers as Walbundrie, Brocklesby and Burrumbuttock were terrible and they didn't have any other option other than merging. I can't see too many clubs in the tallangatta league wanting to merge with them. Pity they do have juniors but most of them leave for O and M thirds or to other bush clubs, hopefully they can turn it around but I wouldn't bet on it.
what was the merged team called? Walbybuttock?

Most clubs in the league are in good positions so apart from the saints I can't see a merger happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stuff wodonga saints they are there own club with no links to the great bethanga....the oval is still there and the rooms are still standing...one of the best clubs to play for.....all bullioh is players who can't get a game at tallangatta......
Maxy Duncan to coach the 1's and Reggie Ray to do the 2's?:p:p:p

This thread is only 11 years old but Wodonga Saints are looking at a part time relocation next season and a full move by 2020. Question is do they stay in the TDFL or move to the Upper Murray?

Great idea. Bethanga was always a battling club, so they tried something by coming into town for 20 years and it hasn't worked. They could keep battling or head back out there and start fresh. It's not like Bethanga is too far out of the way, about half hour from Albury/Wodonga. With a bit of luck, they could generate some excitement and identity.

This thread is only 11 years old but Wodonga Saints are looking at a part time relocation next season and a full move by 2020. Question is do they stay in the TDFL or move to the Upper Murray?

The Upper Murray league will be disbanded within 5 years, junior numbers are horrible and reserves are even worse.

The Upper Murray league will be disbanded within 5 years, junior numbers are horrible and reserves are even worse.
Actually the under 10’s numbers are pretty good across the board. It’s keeping these kids playing footy and keeping them in this league that’s the problem. Yes under 13’s numbers are average and the seconds are worse. There is a chance the league can survive if we can hold on to the kids but that’s medium to long term.

Actually the under 10’s numbers are pretty good across the board. It’s keeping these kids playing footy and keeping them in this league that’s the problem. Yes under 13’s numbers are average and the seconds are worse. There is a chance the league can survive if we can hold on to the kids but that’s medium to long term.
Word is Bullioh want out, could the Saints replace them OK?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back