Opinion Bryce Gibbs - tagger, half back or midfielder?

Remove this Banner Ad

His past three weeks has been bizarre - possibly getting tired but prior to that he was in the best. Has played on some elite mids such as Cotchin and Kennedy.

Surely now Gibbs has had enough time to show us what kind of player he is, and that's just above average player. Today even Voss on Fox footy has put Gibbs in Carlton's second tier of players group...
What frustrates me the most is that before he resigns, he wants to see where the club is heading down the successful road... Doesn't he understand that his a big part of the problem why we are underachieving in this club...
I for one will not miss him if he leaves...

He currently resembles a junior Sam Winchester look a like competitor.

Think he was good against Port, up and down tonight. I think he needs to ball in his hands more often than not to be effective so he needs to be positioned where it is the most on any given game.

I hope he leaves. We kid ourselves into believing that he is a great player.
He does great things, very, very infrequently.

Enough already with paying average players millions.

Bet he re-signs this week :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting use of Ellis tonight, last year Army hunted him down and kept him quiet and tonight he took Gibbs out of the game and hit the scoreboard.

Did we underestimate him tonight ??
Ellis kicked two against us the second time we played them last year. I doubt that we underestimate a player who can run and kick.

Everitt took out Deledio last night.

BE seems to struggle to run out a game like Martin.

Perhaps Docherty might be a better match up.
He had a poor one, no doubt his direct opponent Ellis, utterly cut him up.
Battle of the haircuts.

Just sayin'.

Interesting use of Ellis tonight, last year Army hunted him down and kept him quiet and tonight he took Gibbs out of the game and hit the scoreboard.

Did we underestimate him tonight ??

Nobody expected Ellis to be playing a tagging role though. Somehow I think Gibbs wasn't expecting to be tagged.

It was *ing Brandon Ellis, an average 3rd year player not fcken Ryan Crowley... A player as good as Gibbs is spruiked to be should have had no problems dealing with that tag... Not only did Ellis restrict Gibbs from touching it, he also hurt us the other way..

Bryce is a midfielder and thats it !!!! Look how great he was playing there in the finals series last year. If Mick won't play him in the midfield then theres no point keeping him and should be traded.

So Richmond think Gibbs is the most damaging Carlton player in this game and successfully negate his influence but he's seen as a spud to some Carlton supporters? o_O
Reckon I'll run with the opinion of footballing professionals...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back