Toast Bulldogs Team of the 21st Century

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of teams still use two ruckmen in 2021? If you want to treat this like a real team, which it isn’t, then consider Darcy a forward/ruck as that’s what he spent at least half of his career as.

Grant’s injuries from 1999 onwards robbed him of a lot of his athleticism. He wasn’t the same player any more.
Grant of 2000 and 2001 is at least the equal of Hall in 2010 and 2011. Yet you have Hall in despite only playing two seasons.

It depends on your criteria. I'd be more than happy to have Hall in my side if longevity isn't rated highly.

Grant of 2000 and 2001 is at least the equal of Hall in 2010 and 2011. Yet you have Hall in despite only playing two seasons.

It depends on your criteria. I'd be more than happy to have Hall in my side if longevity isn't rated highly.

Hall kicked 50 more goals in those two seasons than Grant did in 2000-01. Hall was the superior full forward. If Hall isn’t eligible then Grant’s in by default.

1658460597651.png

Using players from this list in their nominated positions:

B: Easton Wood - Brian Lake - Caleb Daniel
HB: Bob Murphy - Dale Morris - Rohan Smith
C: Jackson Macrae - Scott West - Ryan Griffen
HF: Brad Johnson - Chris Grant - Paul Hudson
F: Daniel Giansiracusa - Nathan Brown - Tory Dickson
R: Luke Darcy - Tom Liberatore - Marcus Bontempelli
INT: Scott Wynd, Matthew Boyd, Adam Cooney, Daniel Cross

I'm not sure why they have included Barry Hall, because he isn't eligible. He only played two seasons with us and the minimum requirement is four seasons.

I've named a back up ruckman on the bench as well as three midfielders, but I figure Boyd can rotate through half back and Coons can rotate through half forward so it makes sense to me.

Changes at end of 2022:
IN: Naughton
OUT: Akermanis

FBROH.SMITHB.LAKEE.WOOD
HBR.MURPHY (vc)D.MORRISC.DANIEL*
CJ.MACRAE*S.WESTR.GRIFFEN
HFN.BROWNC.GRANTD.GIANSIRACUSA
FFB.JOHNSON (c)A.NAUGHTON*J.STRINGER
RRL.DARCYM.BONTEMPELLI*M.BOYD
INTA.COONEYTOM LIBERATORE*D.CROSS - L.DAHLHAUS
COACH:LUKE BEVERIDGE*

Probably one more good year from johannisen before I have him make it on to bench.

Thoughts?

Changes at end of 2023:
Leadership change: Bontempelli to captain. Johnson to vice.

FBROH.SMITHB.LAKEE.WOOD
HBR.MURPHYD.MORRISC.DANIEL*
FFB.JOHNSON (vc)A.NAUGHTON*J.STRINGER
RRL.DARCYM.BONTEMPELLI* (c)M.BOYD

Thank you to the dogs board for your input so far.

Of the current crop, I would anticipate JUH, darcy, dale, smith & english as potential players who could break in to this team in coming years.

Changes at end of 2023:
Leadership change: Bontempelli to captain. Johnson to vice.

FBROH.SMITHB.LAKEE.WOOD
HBR.MURPHYD.MORRISC.DANIEL*
FFB.JOHNSON (vc)A.NAUGHTON*J.STRINGER
RRL.DARCYM.BONTEMPELLI* (c)M.BOYD

Thank you to the dogs board for your input so far.

Of the current crop, I would anticipate JUH, darcy, dale, smith & english as potential players who could break in to this team in coming years.
I'd still have Gilbee ahead of Daniel tbh. Could be on my own, or the bias is showing. Was a massive Gilbee fan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back