MRP / Trib. Caminiti hit on Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm confused how a intentional strike behind play that knocked out a player is less than 4 weeks.

Murphy wasn't knocked out, he was just concussed, also Caminiti's strike was assessed as careless rather than intentional as it should have been.

Murphy wasn't knocked out, he was just concussed, also Caminiti's strike was assessed as careless rather than intentional as it should have been.

Knocked out/concussion it's a pretty fine line. Murphy was on the ground for a while looking fairly dazed. Considering you can get 2 weeks for tackling a player and not injuring them at all it seems pretty lucky to me.

So I'm guessing Collingwood will show duty of care to Murphy considering he's had so many concussions and bench him for 6 weeks or so?
Considering we now have all this concussion research he now has the option to retire. Or… play on, make a squillion, then sue the club and AFL for whatever it is they are suing for.

Knocked out/concussion it's a pretty fine line. Murphy was on the ground for a while looking fairly dazed. Considering you can get 2 weeks for tackling a player and not injuring them at all it seems pretty lucky to me.
not really comparable when they just used the matrix

careless, high contact, severe impact is 3 weeks, intentional was 4+ and tribunal

Joins a long and storied list of gutless sniping St Kilda thugs. Jeans, O'Dea, Dietrich, O'Dea, Lawrence, O'Dea, Hall, O'Dea, Lockett, O'Dea, Baker, O'Dea.
Some of them will obviously attend training during the week to show him how to drop someone properly next time.
I don't know you could call that gutless sniping.

The dude whacked him when he wasn't looking, and he whacked him back harder whilst he was looking.

It had real Brodie Holland on Paul Williams vibes about it. Collingwood people thought he was a hero at the time for dropping a w***er that asked for it.

Bwahahaha.

Oh man, the footy world have swallowed this one haven't they!!?

Fu** me. The dude just dropped a guy with a short left cross and TKO'd him - and the AFL have given him 3 weeks for being careless!!??

Oh man. Can I get the Saints' lawyer's number please?

How did they pull that s**t off?

We’ve got the cameraman on our payroll too, that’s why it pans away so you can’t see the lead pipe Caminiti pulls from his shorts to belt him

Joins a long and storied list of gutless sniping St Kilda thugs. Jeans, O'Dea, Dietrich, O'Dea, Lawrence, O'Dea, Hall, O'Dea, Lockett, O'Dea, Baker, O'Dea.
Some of them will obviously attend training during the week to show him how to drop someone properly next time.
Happy Two Thumbs Up GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just seems odd that sometimes the outcome of the action reflects in the punishment and other times it doesn't.

If you choose to bump, and get them high, it seems you lose your argument around intent. Eg Kozzie Picket.

But if you strike and hit someone in the head and knock them out, you can argue it wasn't your intent? It may well not have been the intent but it's what happened. Its completely inconsistent.

He intentionally threw his arm at him, it should be the same as choosing to bump and getting them high.

Unless the AFL have changed their rules again, any behind the play hit is supposed to be classed as intentional, as he originally was. The tribunal must have had a few softies on the panel to downgrade it against the rules they are supposed to enforce.

Unless the AFL have changed their rules again, any behind the play hit is supposed to be classed as intentional, as he originally was. The tribunal must have had a few softies on the panel to downgrade it against the rules they are supposed to enforce.
Pretty sure it's a recommendation the way it's worded not a hard and fast rule

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

It just seems odd that sometimes the outcome of the action reflects in the punishment and other times it doesn't.

If you choose to bump, and get them high, it seems you lose your argument around intent. Eg Kozzie Picket.

But if you strike and hit someone in the head and knock them out, you can argue it wasn't your intent? It may well not have been the intent but it's what happened. Its completely inconsistent.

He intentionally threw his arm at him, it should be the same as choosing to bump and getting them high.

The glaring fact making it worse is it was so far off the ball. Any type of forceful act off the ball to the head should be a minimum of 4 to stamp it out completely

as was pointed out abundantly by people in the thread "niggles happen about 100 times a game"

Murphy said he slipped which lowered himself before Caminiti could react

now everyone trying to change the narrative again...bless, off the ball niggles bad now, got it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back