Can someone catch me up? Not watched footy in years!

Remove this Banner Ad

Catgirl

Club Legend
May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey pals, long time no chat.

Have taken a long time (maybe 5 or 6 seasons) away from footy as it had gotten to a point where I was getting too emotionally invested in the game.

Now feel ready to take the game on again.

Anyone able to give me a quick rundown of the events of the past 5 or so years club and/or league wise?

Want to wrap my head around our youth, current game style, any big changes to the list/coaching structure and league overall.

Any and all help appreciated! Cheers (big ears).

Welcome back.

the last few years (5 or so) have been interesting. We continue to defy the odds which has brought joy and disappointment .WE have been unable to win a flag for 1o years but have always been in the fight.

I love AFL footy. That comes first. Second I have supported Geelong for too many years to count.

I survive the downs by not buying in to arguments on here, ignoring a toxic reply works well (for me anyway) , even taking a "holiday" when things get too down on here.

BUT the pluses are many too:

There are plenty of considered posters, good information alerts, highlight clips I can't get any other ways, fixturing changes etc and so on.

Good luck.

Hey pals, long time no chat.

Have taken a long time (maybe 5 or 6 seasons) away from footy as it had gotten to a point where I was getting too emotionally invested in the game.

Now feel ready to take the game on again.

Anyone able to give me a quick rundown of the events of the past 5 or so years club and/or league wise?

Want to wrap my head around our youth, current game style, any big changes to the list/coaching structure and league overall.

Any and all help appreciated! Cheers (big ears).

lol, honestly, you have picked a very bad time to emotionally be back involved in the club.
We are right now on the brink of becoming a team who struggle to make finals despite securing a phenomenal talent like Jeremy Cameron who can win us those extra couple of games a year of his own boot.

Melbourne is currently a powerhouse and will be for another 2 years (maybe more).

If you can stand seeing the club lose more than what you have been use to, it's fine. We are hopefully going to see an influx of young kids emerge on the scene. We have kids in the VFL knocking on the door waiting for their shot at the big time and with the likes of Holmes, De Koning, Stengle, Conway, Willis, Stephens all likely types, it will make for some entertaining viewing over the coming years.

lol, honestly, you have picked a very bad time to emotionally be back involved in the club.
We are right now on the brink of becoming a team who struggle to make finals despite securing a phenomenal talent like Jeremy Cameron who can win us those extra couple of games a year of his own boot.

Melbourne is currently a powerhouse and will be for another 2 years (maybe more).

If you can stand seeing the club lose more than what you have been use to, it's fine. We are hopefully going to see an influx of young kids emerge on the scene. We have kids in the VFL knocking on the door waiting for their shot at the big time and with the likes of Holmes, De Koning, Stengle, Conway, Willis, Stephens all likely types, it will make for some entertaining viewing over the coming years.
There you are, Catgirl nothing's changed, same old nattering nabobs of negativity infesting the board

Lost 4 prelims and a GF..

Good team but not quite good enough
Almost like the early 90s again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back