Captaincy / Leadership group

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted this elsewhere, but where does Alan Richardson's incompetence sit in all this.

He went off half-cocked with seemingly none of the facts and began raising the issue very visibly during the match and then did on-field interviews directly after the match which caused it to blow up. Perhaps you want to get some of the facts first Alan. What a moron.

Simon Goodwin seemed to know what was up in his presser because he didn't really want to speak about it and was pretty classy.

Dayne Beams knows a thing or two about the Lions appointing s**t humans as captains of the club doesn't he..
Ha ha,best thing is Collingwood had to pay his gambling debts and Beams was stuffed a a player anyway.

I posted this elsewhere, but where does Alan Richardson's incompetence sit in all this.

He went off half-cocked with seemingly none of the facts and began raising the issue very visibly during the match and then did on-field interviews directly after the match which caused it to blow up. Perhaps you want to get some of the facts first Alan. What a moron.

Simon Goodwin seemed to know what was up in his presser because he didn't really want to speak about it and was pretty classy.
Goodwin knew as soon as Petty came off the ground. I presume he'd spoken to him. Didn't want any involvement after that. I was actually dumbfounded Richardson did that interview. Anyone in footy knows when a contentious issue crops up let the dust settle.

Always two sides to every story. This has played out almost exactly as the Jed Lamb/Mark Baguley sledging drama a few years ago.

Goodwin actually said that they had to look at the way they conducted themselves as well and that they would address it internally as a club... that should have been the give away very early on but most got caught up in the outrage and pile on on Zorks(me included to a degree).
It should be a lesson to all of us that what gets put up in the media and SM particularly should be treated with skepticism and unless you are fully cogniscant of all the facts.

Just reading D Beams is embarrassed and not surprised by Zorks comments.....biting my tongue....I always sensed some friction between these two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a lot of you will be surprised to find out that Ben Brown was one of the instigators in the trash talk and Rayner's tackle was part retribution for what was being said. I don't think there is any winners in all this, this whole controversy should just go away for everyone's benefit.

I think a lot of you will be surprised to find out that Ben Brown was one of the instigators in the trash talk and Rayner's tackle was part retribution for what was being said. I don't think there is any winners in all this, this whole controversy should just go away for everyone's benefit.

Except our player got a week, and our captain has been abused and our fans are feeling bad because they believed the reports about our captain being bad. .

I'd be happy to let it go if it was your team wearing the fall out.

Gee the pile on seems to have slowed. Is he still disgusting, a disgrace, getting sacked, being replaced as captain? Just want to make sure because apparently we had no choice but to do it………

Mate you seem to be labouring the point. Is this what you want?

What complete nonsense. This is without doubt the most idiotic sentence I’ve ever read on Bigfooty. Was he possessed by evil spirits at the time? Was it an Alien doppelgänger that made this ‘abhorrent’ remark? No. Your captain is the only one responsible. He deserves to be crucified. So does your GM of football. To their credit, the vast majority of Lions supporters agree.

Apologies for coming here but I don't agree.

The club is making it a lot worse by pulling the mental health card. They can privately support him, but coming out with this statement just further fans the flames.

They should have punished him in the first place rather than a slap on the wrist, then the social and traditional media wouldn't have piled on as much. People were expecting a response to bad behaviour and got nothing, so they give their own response.
o arbiters of morality and conscience,

what say you now?

pearls of wisdom we do seek

Remove this Banner Ad

Back