Injury Carlton Injury List Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Gibbs isn't playing is baffling.

I agree, Franklin looked dead and buried after that knee incident, yet looks likely to play, before anybody jumps on me and says, but Gibbs hurt his AC not his knee, my point is it's cut throat do or die time, and lance and the hawks are putting it all the line because he wants to win a cut throat final and progress to a preliminary where anything can happen, same could be said about the weagles players under clouds this week I guess.
Obviously ratten is very confident this week with what we have playing, or Gibbs is worse than first thought?

I agree, Franklin looked dead and buried after that knee incident, yet looks likely to play, before anybody jumps on me and says, but Gibbs hurt his AC not his knee, my point is it's cut throat do or die time, and lance and the hawks are putting it all the line because he wants to win a cut throat final and progress to a preliminary where anything can happen, same could be said about the weagles players under clouds this week I guess.
Obviously ratten is very confident this week with what we have playing, or Gibbs is worse than first thought?

It defies belief

this.

Not sure why it defies belief.

BF nver ceases to amaze. First our medicos are incompetant because th "risk" Curnow, Armfield, jamison etc and we shouldn't play them until they are 100% fit...........now we think Gibbs has to play and its a mystery why h isn't.

Any chance we stop second guessing and trust our medical staff? :confused:

Possibly, but probably not.
The fact that we are questioning our medical staff suggests that things haven't always worked out for the best.

Having said that, that could pretty much go for any team, but as in any line of business there will some that are better at their jobs than others.
Are ours guys the best?

Possibly, but probably not.
The fact that we are questioning our medical staff suggests that things haven't always worked out for the best.

Having said that, that could pretty much go for any team, but as in any line of business there will some that are better at their jobs than others.
Are ours guys the best?

Our guys are great...

Firstly we need to talk about the injuries. Most are impact injuries, Curnow and Gibbs similar, Waite had a hip, Jamo was a knock...

We don't have soft tissue issues at the club which is a credit to the conditioning coaches...

All in all, we have a great team...

Our guys are great...

Firstly we need to talk about the injuries. Most are impact injuries, Curnow and Gibbs similar, Waite had a hip, Jamo was a knock...
We don't have soft tissue issues at the club which is a credit to the conditioning coaches...

All in all, we have a great team...

I wouldn't know for a matter of fact either way, so just throwing it up.
I understand that every team would be happy to employ the edict of, "Don't get the best available, just get the best" but that is easier said than done.
I do feel though, that we have gone a long way to attracting the best in any field, so that can't be a bad thing.
Last years off-field recruitment was a good example of this.

this.

Not sure why it defies belief.

BF nver ceases to amaze. First our medicos are incompetant because th "risk" Curnow, Armfield, jamison etc and we shouldn't play them until they are 100% fit...........now we think Gibbs has to play and its a mystery why h isn't.

Not on form

How buddy played tonight is unbelievable
Some guys play with pain no matter what some guys dont

Let me ask everyone this
If Glen Archer had a sore shoulder like gibbs would he play
Without doubt he would in fact you would not be able to stop him

Not on form
So they were "negligent" for allowing Curnow back on with his AC joint, but being overly protective of Gibbs and should let him play?

This is what you read on this forum.

THS usually has good info, and says it could be 3-4 weeks, yet the decision is baffling?

Jammo "shouldn't be rushed back" yet played well and played a pivotal role.

P.S. Sitting here watching Buddy who can't jump, and Hannerbury 1 week after popping his shoulder and "shock horror" it popped reaching for the ball.

Our guys may not be the best, but hey haven't rushed Waite, or taken a punt on Kreuzer and Gibbs. Seems to m they aren't doing too badly.

I know how hard what these guys do is.

Let me ask everyone this

You are comparing apples to oranges. It is fairly obvious that Franklin suffered no structural damage to his knee. In contrast, I would put money on Gibbs having suffered structural damage to his shoulder. It's the type of injury that could recur in the opening minutes of the game & lead to us having to sub him off very early in the game. You only have to look at what happened to Hannebery tonight to see the risks involved in playing someone with a shoulder injury.

So they were "negligent" for allowing Curnow back on with his AC joint, but being overly protective of Gibbs and should let him play?

This is what you read on this forum.

THS usually has good info, and says it could be 3-4 weeks, yet the decision is baffling?

Jammo "shouldn't be rushed back" yet played well and played a pivotal role.

P.S. Sitting here watching Buddy who can't jump, and Hannerbury 1 week after popping his shoulder and "shock horror" it popped reaching for the ball.

Our guys may not be the best, but hey haven't rushed Waite, or taken a punt on Kreuzer and Gibbs. Seems to m they aren't doing too badly.

I know how hard what these guys do is.
there are other issues I have but we have done this topic to death

It is fairly obvious that Franklin suffered no structural damage to his knee.
Maybe, but that tape on his knee is for an ACL. He's lucky he didn't rupture it las week, but looks lik he has given it a stretch........so is it worth it? Hindsight may suggest yes, but at the risk of missing a season?

He isn't turning well tonight. Straight line pace is there but not the usual agility.
You only have to look at what happened to Hannebery tonight to see the risks involved in playing someone with a shoulder injury.
Spot on.

Let me ask everyone this

So, let me ask you, has Gibbs got a 'sore' shoulder has he? Sore meaning a bruise or a graze???

Mate, it's guys like you that annoy the c.rap out of me. How many games has Gibbs missed since he started with the club?? One

He has played with plenty of issues and yet he never pipes up in the press to whinge about it...

Get your facts right about your 'sore' comment before you start slagging off one of our most durable players....:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hampson won't be playing tonight. Has sprained/rolled his ankle during the week, flew over as a last ditch emergency in case they needed another tall, but even then, he would have been playing with that ankle.

Just heard on the Sunday Footy Show that Bret Thornton went to hospital but apparently left and he's alright flew back with the team. Good to hear.

Knees up as Blues boys line up for surgery
Michael Jamison, a key defender who was patched up to play the Blues' two finals, No. 1 draft pick Matthew Kreuzer, who was unable to play finals, and Simon White all had the same procedure as Murphy - a knee arthroscopy - on Tuesday. All are expected to begin pre-season on time.

Brownlow medal favourite Chris Judd is not scheduled to have any surgery. In the aftermath of Carlton's campaign, he has maintained there is no ''rhyme or reason'' behind his diminished influence in the most important games of the year.
Knees up as Blues boys line up for surgery

Murphy wore a knee brace to this poker thing. :cool:

81174567.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back