Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

The Broncos have earned the right to say what they like by belting us. They have taken an exception to Cam dancing though. They seem to think he dances to rub their noses in it which I don't think is true. There is also no secret that Von Miller and Cam Newton don't get along.

Take your crappy attitude out of this thread.

To be fair mate, i do pay out some Bronco players in their thread from time to time.

My bad on the revenge drive by via Blacky

To be fair mate, i do pay out some Bronco players in their thread from time to time.

My bad on the revenge drive by via Blacky
You are a trouble maker!! I'm just sitting here wearing my Panthers shirt feeling sick still.

4669a84e0cc4cba201cc3dac8aab58f7.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A week on. I haven't really discussed my thoughts on the game at depth. So I'll do it here. The SB thread will probably be locked soon anyway. This is how I rationalise the loss

The way I view a game, particularly finals. Is that you've got to win it despite the adversity. The teams that win it, win it despite the adversity they suffer. That includes Denver in this game.

I see reasoning pin pointing dropped catches. This guy didn't block. That guy was injured. Refs, whatever. That **** happens. You're not going to play perfectly executed games. Denver's defence was not going to allow that to Carolina.

Personally, where I could see the weakness? To put it simply. Before having to explain my view. The Carolina offence did not play with the same intensity to counter Denver's defence. It was way, way to methodical for my liking. I was worried even as early as the end of the first quarter. It actually bothered me more than Denver's ff td.

10pts you can make up. But you have to match or exceed, the energy/effort of the opposition. It's like in footy. The talk about effort? It's one thing if a team executes better. But you don't want see a losing team not give a contest.

Unlike New England. I did not see any desperation from the Panthers offence, at any stage of the game. Because of that, it exaggerates any mistake made. Graham Gano missed a field goal attempt for instance. So what? Adam Vinatieri missed two in sb38.

This lack of intensity, lack of desperation particularly from the offence? It played perfectly into the hands of the Denver defence. We could not have played a better game for Denver.

To avoid writing a particularly long post. I'll leave just this for now. I deliberately did not post a lot or what I really thought prior to the game. I did not want my to be exposed or give the Denver fans here some ammunition.

A week on. I haven't really discussed my thoughts on the game at depth. So I'll do it here. The SB thread will probably be locked soon anyway. This is how I rationalise the loss

The way I view a game, particularly finals. Is that you've got to win it despite the adversity. The teams that win it, win it despite the adversity they suffer. That includes Denver in this game.

I see reasoning pin pointing dropped catches. This guy didn't block. That guy was injured. Refs, whatever. That **** happens. You're not going to play perfectly executed games. Denver's defence was not going to allow that to Carolina.

Personally, where I could see the weakness? To put it simply. Before having to explain my view. The Carolina offence did not play with the same intensity to counter Denver's defence. It was way, way to methodical for my liking. I was worried even as early as the end of the first quarter. It actually bothered me more than Denver's ff td.

10pts you can make up. But you have to match or exceed, the energy/effort of the opposition. It's like in footy. The talk about effort? It's one thing if a team executes better. But you don't want see a losing team not give a contest.

Unlike New England. I did not see any desperation from the Panthers offence, at any stage of the game. Because of that, it exaggerates any mistake made. Graham Gano missed a field goal attempt for instance. So what? Adam Vinatieri missed two in sb38.

This lack of intensity, lack of desperation particularly from the offence? It played perfectly into the hands of the Denver defence. We could not have played a better game for Denver.

To avoid writing a particularly long post. I'll leave just this for now. I deliberately did not post a lot or what I really thought prior to the game. I did not want my to be exposed or give the Denver fans here some ammunition.
Good post. You are completely right.

The reason Denver won this year is because they learnt how to handle adversity, which they were never able to do in the past. Like the safety in the Super Bowl, they couldn't even handle a 2 point deficit ffs.

When you learn how to fight through adversity, then you become a force to be reckoned with

Going on with my previous post. Watching the AFC championship game. You end up watching it in two contexts. 1, as someone who want to see NE lose. 2, as a Panthers fan with an eye on the SB.

As someone going for Denver to beat NE. Obviously I was excited NE lost. But I was annoyed Denver allowed the td at he end. I thought "You pack of campaigners! You have comprehensively outplayed the NE offence for the whole game. And when it comes time to finally snuff them out, you allow the to score to keep the hope alive???" idiots!

As a Panther fan. I rationalised it this way.

Ok, Denver's defence is awesome, and they will have an impact. Carolina's not scoring 49pts or 31 in a half. But I did note. That when NE offence had to do something or the game w's over. Denver weren't able to hold them off.

As it turns out. NE three longest drives were their last 3 possessions. When it was all or noting, they scored a td. When they hadn't from a meaning drive for the whole game prior. It just happened to be that under pressure, NE went for it in 4th down twice. Then had to go for a 2pt. This was a bridge too far for them. Psychologically, the advantage is site the defence in those situations.

But that doesn't happen for no reason. We see it in other sports. You're staring down the barrel. Out of desperation, you play with more intent, more purpose. Despite it bring more risky.

So I came away thinking. Carolina can win, they should win. But they cannot play this like all the other games, where everything came off. Up against this awesome defence. The offence is going to have to play with more intent, more desperation, more urgency. Not just with 5-10mns to go. Even in the first half. But obviously, it's very difficult to draw on a sense of desperation when you're not in a position of desperation.

So from the start of the game. I was always looking for the urgency. I was always looking for the action/behaviour of a team that really wanted to get in the end zone. I never got that sense from the Panthers offence at any stage of the game. We played right into Denver's hands.

More to come...

CJ won't take a paycut. This sounds like another Williams saga coming up. I like CJ, but what's best for the team is he becomes a situational guy and we get someone better if we can.

Completely agree, he's been a very good player for us but his production was down last year in the games he did play and soft tissue injuries are always a worrying sign for a guy getting towards vet status.

If he's not willing to play in a reduced roll and on less money its ta ta im afraid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back