Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

The next 3 games a mere formality, can't wait to welcome Vince to the Carolinas for the first time on SB Day! keep pounding :thumbsu:

cam_zpsff9f4bbe.jpg

Disappointing loss. We could've won that...the Seahawks looked gettable.
What was this poster smoking? :confused:

Having watch the game, I think it fair to say Seattle would've been a real hard challenge to overcome. They won a very tough game and I'm not certain we'd have provided as strong a resistance as what SF did.

Ah well, next season it I then...

Sad day to see him go. Along with Mitchell, Munnerlyn, Ginn, Hixon, Senn & Gross; Gettleman has some big holes to fill.

We NEED Hicks/Jones & to draft a WR first round IMO. The need for an OT is still large. Our secondary has also got weaker too.

Tough off-season.

jerricho_cotchery_04112012.jpg

Panthers signed 31 year old RedZone target Ex-Steeler & Jet, Jerricho Cotchery on a 2 year / 5 mil deal. Had a decent '13 season in da 'Burgh with 46 receptions for 602 including a career best 10 touchdowns.

Tiquan+Underwood+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+v+Detroit+5dg5VEDyCATl.jpg

Underwood comes to Carolina after spending the last two seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In 2013, Underwood played in 12 games with a career-high seven starts. He made 24 catches, setting career-highs in receiving yards (440), average per catch (18.3 yards) and 4 touchdowns. Underwood averaged 40 yards per touchdown reception, with three of the four touchdowns coming from 20 or more yards. His career-long 85-yarder at Detroit was the third-longest touchdown catch in the NFL last season.

"Tiquan has the kind of speed that helps any team and has shown good progress as a receiver," Rivera said.

Underwood was selected in the seventh round of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Jacksonville Jaguars. He played two seasons for Jacksonville before joining the New England Patriots for one season in 2011. For his career, Underwood has played in 45 games with 10 starts, 63 receptions, 1,006 receiving yards and six touchdowns.

Currently the Panthers are enquiring about the ex-Eagle WR DeSean Jackson.. (who is asking a high price!!)

The incredible shrinking Jordan Gross
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 28, 2014, 9:10 AM EDT
img_2387-e1406552956867.jpg

Players come to camp every year saying they’re in the best shape of their life.

Former Panthers left tackle Jordan Gross clearly means it.

According to Adam Morgan of Black and Blue Review, Gross has dropped 70 pounds since retiring this offseason, from 305 down to 235.

“I don’t like it. I’m not a big fan of it. I think he looks kind of weird. He looks really unhealthy,” Panthers center Ryan Kalil cracked. “The problem is, he’s walking around and checking himself out in the mirror, and he thinks he looks cool. He just looks bad. And I’ve told him that many times.”

Gross will take it, even with the jabs coming from every direction.

“My wife’s freaking out. She says she’s having an affair on me with me,” Gross said. “I’ve been asked if my brother plays pro football. People look at me funny. I was actually out on our boat, and this girl said, ‘Are you Jordan Gross?’ and I said, ‘No. He’s fatter than I am.’ And she said, ‘Yeah and you’re probably better at football than him, too.’”

The shame of it is, he had finally grown into his ears, which are now again one of his more prominent features.

All jokes aside, the alarming rate at which Gross has dropped the weight underscores how hard it was for him to stay big enough to compete in the NFL. He looks like a fit person now, if not one who spent 12 years playing offensive line.

Photo credit: Black and Blue Review

My boys, unfortunately now Smitty, this year (see avatar and signature :( )

Very happy to have Benjamin though, he's who i wanted in the draft even before we go rid of every WR we had!

Can i request a name change from Cardiac Cats to 'Keep Poundin' since that is our motto

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if that's appropriate in light of Hardy's recent behaviour...

Wouldn't be the first women to try and get a dollar out of a millionaire either

Get a load of this s**t, from the Carolina Panthers' own goddamn website, about Bank of America Stadium, where the Panthers will today host a sham of a playoff game they have absolutely no business participating in:

Opened in the summer of 1996, Bank of America Stadium is located in uptown Charlotte and was specifically designed for football. The 73,778-seat, privately-financed, open-air, natural grass stadium is designed as a self-contained headquarters for the Carolina Panthers and includes training facilities, practice fields and administrative offices.

Man, that is some cynical-ass s**t right there. According to Forbes, $122 million of the $187 million cost of building the stadium came from the sale of Personal Seat Licenses. It takes some busted, bullshit math to call that kind of financing "private."

Personal Seat Licenses (PSLs) are a wholly exploitative device for wringing cash out of desperate, idiotic sports fans. Where there used to be a seat, and a ticket for the seat, and a person handing over some money for the ticket so they could sit in the seat, PSLs give us a seat, and a ticket for the seat, and an expensive transaction whereby the right to purchase a ticket is bought, followed by that same licensee then finally paying even more money for the ticket to sit in the seat. What the hell kind of crazy-ass numbers game is that? It's absurd and insulting that a stadium largely financed by fans forking over cash for some extorted and imaginary right to buy tickets can be considered privately financed.

And, of course, the horseshit doesn't stop there. The Panthers came back and hit up Charlotte tax-payers for $87.5 million in public financing for stadium upgrades, with another $50 million in public funds secured for additional renovations if the organization extends their lease. By the time those funds are spent, the "privately financed" Bank of America stadium will have cost more than $259 million in subsidies and public loot against $65 million in "private" funds.

But the worst part of this, the most baldly disingenuous, is the trumpeting of private financing in the first place. NFL owners use lies and threats to demand public subsidies, and here Jerry Richardson turns around and drops "private financing" into the lead paragraph promoting his stadium, a tacit admission of the obvious fiscal and damn-well moral uprightness of franchise ownership paying for their own damn venue. Instead of "beautiful" and "state of the art" and "newly renovated" the organization made sure to throw "privately financed" in there, because it's the very best and only genuinely good thing that can ever be said about an NFL stadium. And in the case of Bank of America Stadium, where today the Panthers will host the Cardinals, it's just a total ******* outright lie.

Wow only $248 million ($373 million in 2015 dollars) to build that stadium :O . The new Falcons stadium is estimated to be costing $1.4 billion
I don't understand why franchise owners don't think more about renovating their stadiums instead of trying to build a whole brand new one. You can upgrade a stadium quite a lot at half or more the expense. It can still be "NFL ready" with the necessary upgrades....has all the new-fangled stuff (wifi, big screen, toilets, etc), and you can retain the history of the place, reduce the amount the public has to pay for it, and not have to price out a percentage of your fanbase's financial demographic regards to ticket pricing, amenities, etc. Lambeau Field for example.

So now we've signed Jarrett Boykin on a 1 year deal.

So this off season we have picked up Michael Oher, Ted Ginn jr, Kurt Coleman, Teddy Williams and Jarrett Boykin. Our GM likes to find bargains that is for sure. Lets hope some of these blokes turn out to be bargains.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back