Preview Caroline Wilson Richmond Obsession!!

Remove this Banner Ad

last night I was watching footy classifieds and every topic Hutchy brought up Caroline diverted the topic back to Richmond. For e.g when Hutchy was talking about the Adelaide v GwS game Caroline brought up Richmond. When Hutchy and Lloyd were talking about th bulldogs Caroline then started again to talk about Richmond. Enough is enough. Time to sa l miss Wilson for someone who is not so obsessed with one team. And she has the nerve for years for having ago at Eddie. Even on the footy show atleast if Eddie was talking about say Essendon or Carlton he will not divert the conversation to Collingwood.

Its still better than when she plays the victim when someone speaks out about her attacking them.

She is free to say whatever she wants but if someone responds its clearly sexism.

Its still better than when she plays the victim when someone speaks out about her attacking them.

She is free to say whatever she wants but if someone responds its clearly sexism.

Only time I've seen her do this was when Kennett said that Caro writes articles about him because she's inlove with him.

I always thought her obsession was North Melbourne and their relocation to Canberra, Gold Coast, Hobart or Narnia. She has been talking about kicking us out of Melbourne for 25 years. At least.

Don't want to derail the thread, but phwoar how bloody good are Richmond?!
Bloody lucky to be 9-2 if you ask me. Fortunate that Rance is an Umpire’s groins best friend.:)

Still think you deserve a public apology. Disgraceful imo for people to campaign for the end of a club.

She did a massive piece about all the stories she's done when she left The Age last year, but omitted the North to Gold Coast stuff.

She has done it a couple of times this year. She even tried it with Judd a few weeks ago, who called her out on it and didnt back down.
What?
If you’re talking about the lack of female coaches in the AFLW. It was Hutchison who asked if Caro thought it was sexist and she said no.
You’re an absolute idiot. If you cared to actually listen to her you would realise it’s always other people questioning sexism, never her.

What?
If you’re talking about the lack of female coaches in the AFLW. It was Hutchison who asked if Caro thought it was sexist and she said no.
You’re an absolute idiot. If you cared to actually listen to her you would realise it’s always other people questioning sexism, never her.

Rubbish. She had a crack at Judd and he refused to back down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish. She had a crack at Judd and he refused to back down.
No he said that no women applied for the job. She suggested that perhaps there isn’t enough effort put into getting women into coaching jobs. It’s true

It's always been the way. Even on "Offsiders", she brings out AFL as a reference point for virtually anything discussed, which is a bit cringey (or talented, always bringing the topic back to AFL).

That said, I like her a lot more nowadays. Has really grown into a dame of the game. Back in the 2007 Eagles controversy days I never thought I would say this, but I've come to enjoy and agree with a lot of her opinions. Her insights are good value.

Fair few on BF that bring everything back to Richmond....just not in a very good light i suppose. Get over it, peeps.

Ffs, Maguire has commentated Pies games as if that isnt a huge conflict of interest.

And before you say it, yes Roo commentates Crows games - I hate it. At least he is over the top savage of Adelaide. He overcompensates for his bias that he basically barracks for the other side.

Eddie just goes biased for the Pies and tries to cover it up by doing that pre-pubescent half giggle as if he is ""joking"".

Ed has a tendency to barrack for Vic clubs in any game v interstaters !!

Oh please. Sydney and Melbourne have Roos, North has Brayshaw, Collingwood has Eddie, Essendon has Watson, Robinson and Lloyd. Every team has one you deal with it and move on or you know stop watching crap television?
Only one obsesses about conflicts of interest and bias.

I always thought her obsession was North Melbourne and their relocation to Canberra, Gold Coast, Hobart or Narnia. She has been talking about kicking us out of Melbourne for 25 years. At least.

she needs to be more effective.

I must admit the thought of playing a game in Narnia intrigues me. Would be a bugger getting all of those supporters through the one wardrobe though...

Similar thing happens when she's on Offsiders. Whatever sport is the topic of discussion she'll bring it back to the AFL. It's cringeworthy.

does she know about anything else?

and she's a richmond supporter.

Big footy posters should take some inspiration in someone else who knows * all about any other sport and so bloody one-eyed when it comes to their team, making it to the top of their industry

;)

Quotas required?

Fines for teams that dont hire women?
I have no idea what you’re talking about.
It was a few weeks ago. I don’t understand why you’re so upset about it.
Are you upset with Caro or the lack of women coaches?

Only one obsesses about conflicts of interest and bias.
At least CW does not have to switch hats when commenting on matters AFL. I guess a conflict of interest does not apply to Ed? Plenty of people are unhappy with Ed's many hats!

She’s a Richmond supporter... like every other football person in the media she has a slight bias.
In saying that she has been slightly more Richmond that usual this year. But her club is in a great place and she’s happy about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back