Central Murray 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Yer by all reports his working up there for a while? Herd some very big news today that Andrew Walsh (ex Essondon vice captain) has signed with barham! From all reports he is Jesse smith first cousin, and too top it off, Walsh is bringing his best mate mark mcveigh with him? What 2 inclusions they would be to the side! 3 ex AFL players along a heap from the VFL

signed sealed & delivered?

Jacana ready to welcome ex-Bomber Andrew Welsh
  • Chris Cavanagh
  • February 11, 2013 11:38AM
story-fb.png

269081-20130211.jpg

Jacana is hoping to sign former Bomber Andrew Welsh. Picture: Colleen Petch Herald Sun
JACANA hopes ex-Essendon midfielder Andrew Welsh will put pen to paper with the club in what would be a major boost for last year's wooden-spooner.
The 29-year-old has been training at Jacana Reserve for the past two weeks, having been invited to take part in pre-season by cousin-in-law and new Jags coach Matthew Socco.
An ankle injury appears the only thing that would stand in the way of a return to the field for Welsh, who had ankle surgery last year after retiring from the AFL at the end of 2011.
However, Socco said if Welsh's ankle remained strong he was a good chance of sticking with Jacana.
"He should be right if his ankle holds up," he said.
Welsh left Australia last year to head to America in pursuit of an acting career, and could return to the States again during the year to follow that dream.
However, Socco said even if he were only available to play a few games, the club would be happy to have him.
"He said to us he might be to and from there (America) this year, but everything is a bonus with an ex-AFL footballer, especially with a club like us at the moment," he said.

About 7 clearances out of cohuna, not to many going in yet. Is Brett Collins sticking around?
Good luck to barham if they can get all 3, the budget would nearly fit them in with all the top notch losses they've had

Yer by all reports his working up there for a while? Herd some very big news today that Andrew Walsh (ex Essondon vice captain) has signed with barham! From all reports he is Jesse smith first cousin, and too top it off, Walsh is bringing his best mate mark mcveigh with him? What 2 inclusions they would be to the side! 3 ex AFL players along a heap from the VFL
They will need some locals then if they want a full team each week as these three mentioned will use nearly half their allotted points. They have been known to play short before though, maybe they think these three will be enough?

They will need some locals then if they want a full team each week as these three mentioned will use nearly half their allotted points. They have been known to play short before though, maybe they think these three will be enough?

Looks like all there locals have gone to golden rivers

It's a massive call to say Nyah will improve that far. We kept 2011 list and added over 10, all guns, n we were still 10 goals behind kerang. It's extremely difficult to get to the top 5. Nyah have recruited and recruited every season for how many wins?
Tooleybuc should finish top 5. Cohuna and barham should still be there abouts if all rumours correct.

For people to even say it's between us n kerang are kidding. It's kerang by a mile, and how can we be above swan hill? If they keep Davies and foote on the park they will be dangerous.

Good to finally see some discussion on here!

It's a massive call to say Nyah will improve that far. We kept 2011 list and added over 10, all guns, n we were still 10 goals behind kerang. It's extremely difficult to get to the top 5. Nyah have recruited and recruited every season for how many wins?
Tooleybuc should finish top 5. Cohuna and barham should still be there abouts if all rumours correct.

For people to even say it's between us n kerang are kidding. It's kerang by a mile, and how can we be above swan hill? If they keep Davies and foote on the park they will be dangerous.

Good to finally see some discussion on here!
Well the tigers have BANG with the clearances and i see Ben Trenfield as one, Very good player will hold most fowards one would think..

Jacana ready to welcome ex-Bomber Andrew Welsh
  • Chris Cavanagh
  • February 11, 2013 11:38AM
story-fb.png

269081-20130211.jpg

Jacana is hoping to sign former Bomber Andrew Welsh. Picture: Colleen Petch Herald Sun
JACANA hopes ex-Essendon midfielder Andrew Welsh will put pen to paper with the club in what would be a major boost for last year's wooden-spooner.
The 29-year-old has been training at Jacana Reserve for the past two weeks, having been invited to take part in pre-season by cousin-in-law and new Jags coach Matthew Socco.
An ankle injury appears the only thing that would stand in the way of a return to the field for Welsh, who had ankle surgery last year after retiring from the AFL at the end of 2011.
However, Socco said if Welsh's ankle remained strong he was a good chance of sticking with Jacana.
"He should be right if his ankle holds up," he said.
Welsh left Australia last year to head to America in pursuit of an acting career, and could return to the States again during the year to follow that dream.
However, Socco said even if he were only available to play a few games, the club would be happy to have him.
"He said to us he might be to and from there (America) this year, but everything is a bonus with an ex-AFL footballer, especially with a club like us at the moment," he said.

Well I wouldn't get my hopes up if I was the coach of jacana! Sources tell me he was up in barham with first cousin smith for the barham football club fishing comp! The biggest fundraiser for the club every year! I'm not sure if this is a sign he's pretty much sealed and delivered?

Well I wouldn't get my hopes up if I was the coach of jacana! Sources tell me he was up in barham with first cousin smith for the barham football club fishing comp! The biggest fundraiser for the club every year! I'm not sure if this is a sign he's pretty much sealed and delivered?
no disrespect but it's unlikely he'll be playing much, if at all.
Has apparently given guarantees that if he's going to play, it'll be at jacana.

Ladder predictions for 2013
1. Kerang
2. Woorinen
3. Cohuna
4. Swan Hill
5. Nyah
6. Koondrook - Barham
7. Mallee Eagles
8. Tyntynder
9. Tooleybuc - Manang
10. Lake Boga
11. Balranald

1. Kerang
2. Woorinen
3. KB
4. Mallee Eagles
5. Swan Hill
6. TM
7. Cohuna
8. Tyntynder
9. Nyah
10. Boga
11. Balranald

no disrespect but it's unlikely he'll be playing much, if at all.
Has apparently given guarantees that if he's going to play, it'll be at jacana.

Have big news! Walsh has signed at barham for 2013 season! One of the biggest if not the biggest recruit of the year!

Have big news! Walsh has signed at barham for 2013 season! One of the biggest if not the biggest recruit of the year!

Kate Walsh, the glam off Private Practice?

Courtney Walsh the West Indian great?

Joe Walsh from The Eagles?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ruck man josh Dwyer putting in a clearance out of the eagles I see. Will be a massive blow to a side lacking height/ruckmen

Any practice matches on this weekend? Who is playing who in the coming weeks?
Anyone heard of recruits looking the goods for season 2013. I did hear Justin Davies looks very good at the Swans. Given he played 1 quarter last year, he is a big recruit for them

Anyone heard of recruits looking the goods for season 2013. I did hear Justin Davies looks very good at the Swans. Given he played 1 quarter last year, he is a big recruit for them
Is there any truth Hugh Foote has broken down and wont play for the season???

Heard that Lake Boga played Pyramid Hill over there today. Apparently Boga won by 50 odd points. Seems as they may not finish as low as most may expect.

Mallee eagles well beaten by b/l serpentine on the weekend, any other results?

Got a flogging apparently, but did have to find a couple of 50 year olds to top up a side that was ordinary to start with. I hear that Cupido has signed on at Ouyen and given Nyah the flick already. I hope they never gave him a sign on fee??? anyone confirm this???

Got a flogging apparently, but did have to find a couple of 50 year olds to top up a side that was ordinary to start with. I hear that Cupido has signed on at Ouyen and given Nyah the flick already. I hope they never gave him a sign on fee??? anyone confirm this???
thats the word on the street here in ouyen dont no about the nyah sign on fees though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back