Central Murray 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Those couple of players are better then any in those ins bar Livingston and if they don't get Kelm back they have lost more then they have picked up and with a couple of key injuries I could open up for the TIgs IMO. Still can't see them being beaten

Have u seen cotchett play??? Bloke is a high quality footballer

Nice to see the Eagles rack up a good win. Big Andrews has started well. Also see Cohuna gave Kerang a scare. Must have been a cracking game

Cracking game Roota. Cohuna had every chance to win it and i thought they should have. I guess they would still be happy knowing they can match it with kerang. Kerangs disposal under pressure just wasn't as good as it has been. Great game to watch

I was at the Cohuna/Kerang game on Saturday and must say i haven't seen a game as good for along time, either team could have won, the pressure from both sides was outstanding.
If anyone else was there, what did you think of the umpiring? There decisions at times i beleive influenced the result of the game.

I was at the Cohuna/Kerang game on Saturday and must say i haven't seen a game as good for along time, either team could have won, the pressure from both sides was outstanding.
If anyone else was there, what did you think of the umpiring? There decisions at times i beleive influenced the result of the game.

Talking about umpires, should've watched Eagles vs Boga. 41-13 word from the bench line in Boga's favour. Some very interesting decisions.

I don't know about the decision count but it was one of the worst displays of umpiring I have seen for a long time. I normally rate brooks as a decent umpire but he certainly had a bad bad day. luckily it wasn't a close game

Knights of Columbus, cohuna proved on the weekend to be a major flag contender. Be interesting to see how the match would have panned out if not on the rediculous paddock. Seems that the mid range will be a tussle with the likes of swans, dogs, eagles and the saints.

Rons tips for this week.

Balranald v Swan Hill (120 points)
Kerang (60 points) v Nyah
Koondrook v Tooleybuc (30 points)
Boga v Cohuna (60 points)
Tyntynder v Eagles (25 points)

You stay classy.

Cohuna were big winners against the magpies yesterday. Well drilled team, Luke Eldridge and Jade Keam were influential throughout the day. Boga were missing 9-10 senior players and looked depleted from the first bounce. Jye Sellings and Kyle Brawn worked hard for a struggling team. Kangas the real deal?? Looks like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Central Murray were smashed in the ruck all day. Xav Moloney was well held with little impact which helped mallee. May well be compulsory next year

Central Murray were smashed in the ruck all day. Xav Moloney was well held with little impact which helped mallee. May well be compulsory next year
I have to say I was embarrassed by the central murray side yesterday, the league is definitely a lot stronger than what they showed yesterday. I don't know what we should do as forcing players to play does not work. Somehow we have to get the clubs to encourage their 'stars' to want to play.
I could be wrong but when we have dominant sides like Kerang and Cohuna only supplying three players(I can be corrected on that) it is a perfect example of what is wrong with representative football in this area.
If yesterday is an example of this league then whats the point in playing in representative football

I have to say I was embarrassed by the central murray side yesterday, the league is definitely a lot stronger than what they showed yesterday. I don't know what we should do as forcing players to play does not work. Somehow we have to get the clubs to encourage their 'stars' to want to play.
I could be wrong but when we have dominant sides like Kerang and Cohuna only supplying three players(I can be corrected on that) it is a perfect example of what is wrong with representative football in this area.
If yesterday is an example of this league then whats the point in playing in representative football
I think you will find Kerang had 6

could you list the six that actually played, if they were playing then the football guide was completely incorrect.

I say suspend the players who dont play interleague. This is a joke. The guns sit back get paid top dollar and do what they want. Its about time players in this league stepped up to the plate and put there money where there mouth is and play against some good opposition in a different league. How can any of our top guns justify getting paid massive amounts of money just to sit back and play against standard opposition within our own league, because its obvious that our league is "only just" when it comes to good players.

And ill add that the football clubs including mine which i am a committee member at are all suckers for paying duds good money!!

I say suspend the players who dont play interleague. This is a joke. The guns sit back get paid top dollar and do what they want. Its about time players in this league stepped up to the plate and put there money where there mouth is and play against some good opposition in a different league. How can any of our top guns justify getting paid massive amounts of money just to sit back and play against standard opposition within our own league, because its obvious that our league is "only just" when it comes to good players.

how can the league suspend players for not wanting to play interleague, the CM do not pay or recruit the players, the players are paid and recruited by the clubs. it does not matter how much they get paid, good on them for getting what they can. i for one do not want the players at my club playing interleague with the chance of getting injured that then affects my club with no care from the league, interleague time of the year is the only time the CMFNL take any interest in clubs/players. cancel interleague for good, no-one cares.

Is it not the CMFNL is the clubs? It's the clubs and players involved in the interleague that are on show. I don't understand who you mean by looking after them?

I agree if all the clubs don't want interleague don't have it but as far as I know all the clubs support it. I know our club does. Why does our clubs have to be any different from other leagues?[/quote]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back