Central Murray 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Righto...with 3 rounds to go it seems the 5 is well and truly set, unless something freakish happens and swan hill grab fifth at the expense of tytynder (swans need to beat Kerang and dogs in final round and hope dogs lose to cohuna and make up %).

My tip is the obvious: a Kerang Cohuna GF with Cohuna winning!!

What are your tips for League B & F:

Top 5

X Maloney
A Grigg
S Bunyan
C Bock
T Coates

Lets start something and get this thread up and going!

Righto...with 3 rounds to go it seems the 5 is well and truly set, unless something freakish happens and swan hill grab fifth at the expense of tytynder (swans need to beat Kerang and dogs in final round and hope dogs lose to cohuna and make up %).

My tip is the obvious: a Kerang Cohuna GF with Cohuna winning!!

What are your tips for League B & F:

Top 5

X Maloney
A Grigg
S Bunyan
C Bock
T Coates

Lets start something and get this thread up and going!

Agree with 4 out of them 5 , don't think Grigg would have played enough games to secure it and there are plenty of players in Cohuna side to steal votes don''t get me wrong he will pick up his fair share of 3 votes but dont think he will get enough due to games played. I hear Marty Kelly from Lalbert has had a good year and also Aaron Cadd from Woorinen could be a smokey.

Anyone have any news on how the Tyntynder player is who was knocked out yesterday? It sounded really bad, and to see him convulsing was pretty scary.

By the way, has Tyntynders upset win thrown the finals race wide open? What are people's thoughts?

Knights of columbus, few close calls on the weekend, Tyntynder just getting over Nyah in the last minute of the game and Kerang with a whopping 10 goal turn around last quarter against Woorinen.
Tyntynder cementing third spot which leaves Woorinen to play Mallee Eagles in the elimination final. Sounds like a good game if both squads have their full sides in.

Knights of columbus, few close calls on the weekend, Tyntynder just getting over Nyah in the last minute of the game and Kerang with a whopping 10 goal turn around last quarter against Woorinen.
Tyntynder cementing third spot which leaves Woorinen to play Mallee Eagles in the elimination final. Sounds like a good game if both squads have their full sides in.

Going to be a cracking first weekend of finals. Great to see the Eagles back in the finals, with a handful of inclusions to come they could really push deep into September.

C
Going to be a cracking first weekend of finals. Great to see the Eagles back in the finals, with a handful of inclusions to come they could really push deep into September.

Couldn't agree more. As shown in the past couple of weeks. Anyone on there day is capable of winning.
I believe injuries or who can stay fit over the finals series, will play a massive part.
Kerang have the advantage with first week off, but any of the four sides below get a run on in finals and Kerang will be worried.

Who is everyone tipping for the flag? Kerang have seemed a little vulnerable this year, yet still finished on top with only 1 loss, are they likely to take it out?

Looking forward to Kerang v Cohuna. Age old rivalry that extends to any sporting pursuit. Would be guessing that this would be the first time that they have met in a final since Union and Cohuna merged.

Pretty quiet on here fellas, considering we are coming into a prelim final this week. Massive game in the ones this week, with Woorinen looking to be hitting their straps at the right time of the year and playing a really good brand of footy and Cohuna coming off a pretty heavy defeat from Kerang, will create a pretty interesting showdown on Saturday.

Cohuna looked very vulnerable against Kerang and seemed to be playing very loose all over the ground, and if they do that again this week Woorinen could really hurt them with their running game. What everyone's tips?? Im going with the smoky Woorinen by 10pts

I'm going to go with Woorinen in a nail biter by 10 points. Best of luck to both teams. Coates for Best On.

An interesting one, who is going to take the belt for drunkest fan next Saturday?

Cohuna got to the big dance yet again but expect another bridesmaid finish. Kerang to have too much class through the centre of the ground with coates, cotchett, piccione, dicko, Mcgrath, Robertson to give Kerang's power packed forward line first use and expect a similar scoreline to last time the sides met.
For Cohuna to be competitive they need bock to play loose in the backhalf and push livo and co to the boundary for shots on goal. They will need to shut down Kerang's run and space, cant see it happening with livo to kick a big bag as he loves playing Cohuna on this ground at this time of year with double figure goals and marks by the end of the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a big key to the game is Kerang shutting down both Grigg and Collins up forward. Pretty decent chance one them will kick a bag which should keep Cohuna well and truly in the game. Still think Kerang will get over the line by 4 goals but an upset wouldn't surprise me. Good luck to all involved on the weekend, will be following on the net, shame they only have qtr by qtr updates.

You can add Gillingham shay matheson and bray to that list who need to be looked at. Grigg won't kick more than 3 Brownbridge is a great match up for him kelm and bock loom as the key match ups for mine should be a belter my tip the blues by 24 points bray for the medal.

Following Woorinen I thought we may have got over Cohuna on the weekend. Congrats to the Kangas they were too good on the day.

I'm picking Kerang by 6 goals, If Grigg is shut down Cohuna lose their fire power and all reports at Lalbert on Saturday were that Collins has a dodgy Shoulder. Kerang would be pretty happy if Cohuna field an unchanged lineup on Saturday as they appeared to have a couple of older passengers. I'll take Coates to win the medal and heres hoping its a great game and not a blowout.

Following Woorinen I thought we may have got over Cohuna on the weekend. Congrats to the Kangas they were too good on the day.

I'm picking Kerang by 6 goals, If Grigg is shut down Cohuna lose their fire power and all reports at Lalbert on Saturday were that Collins has a dodgy Shoulder. Kerang would be pretty happy if Cohuna field an unchanged lineup on Saturday as they appeared to have a couple of older passengers. I'll take Coates to win the medal and heres hoping its a great game and not a blowout.

Watched these two sides go at it a couple of weeks ago.

It will be won in the midfield and this is were Kerang has the upper hand. The younger Kangas struggled in the midfield that day and as refered to as above there older blokes need to lift.

But in the end Kerang has to much class and should win.

Will be interesting to see if Wilson(Kerang) and Collins(Cohuna) play.

Agree with both comments above. After kerang belting us in the last game of the year I cant see Cohuna keeping up through the midfield. If Collins plays that might reduce the margin. The talk up this end of the league of the amount of cash Cohuna has spent over the past two years must surely cause some heavy questions being asked should they lose Saturday.

Collins will play according to a Cohuna backer. Not sure though that this will do much, Kerang will win methinks and as Trent The Flight Steward opined, Livingston will kick a bag of at least 8. Class through the middle and a potent attack.

Agree with both comments above. After kerang belting us in the last game of the year I cant see Cohuna keeping up through the midfield. If Collins plays that might reduce the margin. The talk up this end of the league of the amount of cash Cohuna has spent over the past two years must surely cause some heavy questions being asked should they lose Saturday.

Some questions will be asked but as a club they were struggling- they made a decision to spend n now they have both senior grades playing today, I'm sure Internaly as I club they would be grateful for the decision they made, but I still think they have been a bunch of cocky pricks on here that didn't achieve something before carrying on! Hey they might be 10 hours away from getting stuck into me on here but time will tell. Look forward to it!
Well done to the Kerang FC, 6 GF in a row?? They were brilliant in semi final and would be hard to beat.

Good luck to all clubs & players today.

As a neutral observer, I would just like to congratulate Kerang and Cohuna on the high standard grand final they put on yesterday - we have a long way to go to match them. Bray/Cotchett were outstanding for Kerang and Holmes goal directly infront of us would have won goal of the year IMO. Was interesting to see Cohuna kept Bartram in the side. We all thought he should have been dropped and someone with more leg speed/grunt brought into the side from the 2's - might have been the difference between winning and losing. That young Toma looks like he'll be a player of the future.

Only downer for the day was walking around the ground after the siren and hearing a group of girls with Cohuna jumpers on saying "oh well, they don't have a pub to celebrate in - it burnt down!". Was a great day otherwise.

What a great game the GF was! the last qtr was a cracker.

In the end the class of Kerang got them over the line. In saying that the Cohuna boys never gave in.
The game was good quality and both side had a crack. I thought, that Kerang got the better run with the umpires, some decisions resulting in shots on goals. But sometimes thats the way it goes.

But other than that, the day was great. And the ground was in great condition.

2014 any news?

Speaking to both Kerang and Cohuna people and sounds like the blues will loose a couple of Melbourne lads. But they will be there abouts again one would think. Cohuna have there work cut out by the sounds, with a number of players moving interstate. One being the big ruckman.

What a great game the GF was! the last qtr was a cracker.

In the end the class of Kerang got them over the line. In saying that the Cohuna boys never gave in.
The game was good quality and both side had a crack. I thought, that Kerang got the better run with the umpires, some decisions resulting in shots on goals. But sometimes thats the way it goes.

But other than that, the day was great. And the ground was in great condition.

2014 any news?

Speaking to both Kerang and Cohuna people and sounds like the blues will loose a couple of Melbourne lads. But they will be there abouts again one would think. Cohuna have there work cut out by the sounds, with a number of players moving interstate. One being the big ruckman.

I heard that Cohuna are losing quite a few to Bitchip? Can anyone confirm this? Heard swan hill are having a crack too?

Had heard O'sullivan to swan hill, good pick up for swan hill and a big loss for Tooleybuc if it does happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back