Central Murray 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

so who is the coach at boga? perhaps visits to players they are chasing instead of phone calls may yield results?

so who is the coach at boga? perhaps visits to players they are chasing instead of phone calls may yield results?

perhaps "bogaboy" you could get out of your armchair and give them a hand rather than pot shots through a computer screen?? This may help yield results

well what can I say if boga was not a closed shop and invited new and old to the club, loked after the locals and returned to the club ethos that it once had then just maybe all of the older folowers may return. there is no i in team

well what can I say if boga was not a closed shop and invited new and old to the club, loked after the locals and returned to the club ethos that it once had then just maybe all of the older folowers may return. there is no i in team

Interesting point of view bogaboy. I'd be interested to hear more. I am also interested to know who is coaching them. I have heard they had put a couple of feelers out about possible mergers

Early ladder predictions for the upcoming season?? I'll get the ball rolling ...

Kerang
Tooleybuc/Manangatang
Swan Hill
Lalbert
Cohuna
Woorinen
Nyah
Balranald
Lake Boga
Koondrook/Barham
Tyntynder

Early ladder predictions for the upcoming season?? I'll get the ball rolling ...

Kerang
Tooleybuc/Manangatang
Swan Hill
Lalbert
Cohuna
Woorinen
Nyah
Balranald
Lake Boga
Koondrook/Barham
Tyntynder

That's a big improvement from tooleybuc and I find it hard to see balranald getting that high unless Dane Fitz is bringing a bus load with him

Kerang
Tooleybuc/Manangatang
Swan Hill
Lalbert
Cohuna
Woorinen
Nyah
Balranald
Lake Boga
Koondrook/Barham
Tyntynder

How many of the blokes being talked about have signed? I would be backing them for the flag 2015

That's a big improvement from tooleybuc and I find it hard to see balranald getting that high unless Dane Fitz is bringing a bus load with him

Didn't think Tooleybuc where very far off the mark last season. Few good youngsters out there and if these new signings are true I think they could be a real threat in season 2014

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I gather they missed on eagle and the Irymple connection but have picked up a full forward from Ballarat, I reckon they needed a few recruits for my money that were a fair way off the top sides. They will miss Kel heslop who will be a good pick up for nully

Lee Cox is the new Tooleybuc FF from central highlands league. Woorinen and Cohuna dropping a bit? Would be chucking a bit of coin on Lalbert for mine.

Lee Cox is the new Tooleybuc FF from central highlands league. Woorinen and Cohuna dropping a bit? Would be chucking a bit of coin on Lalbert for mine.

Cox is a really good player and will go well for tooleybuc. He is no Jason Eagle but will kick plenty of goals. Cohuna will come back to the field a bit if Grigg does not play. Lalbert will improve. Have added a couple of good players and hopefully have some luck with injury. An excellent season of CMFL footy ahead

Cox is a really good player and will go well for tooleybuc. He is no Jason Eagle but will kick plenty of goals. Cohuna will come back to the field a bit if Grigg does not play. Lalbert will improve. Have added a couple of good players and hopefully have some luck with injury. An excellent season of CMFL footy ahead
Cox, cullen, Steve Lyons, on ball from mildura, magic Dedini, sully for full season- if you ask me they will take some beating!

Comp will be strong, talk on Lalbert is very good and with Swan Hill getting so many local lads back will help- although for me you can't replace Davies, absolute gun.

Haven't heard enough to comment on cohuna n kerang, but seee kerang dropping back- system is too strong.

For me it's 6 teams fighting out for the top 5 and any of those are capable.

Cox, cullen, Steve Lyons, on ball from mildura, magic Dedini, sully for full season- if you ask me they will take some beating!

Comp will be strong, talk on Lalbert is very good and with Swan Hill getting so many local lads back will help- although for me you can't replace Davies, absolute gun.

Haven't heard enough to comment on cohuna n kerang, but seee kerang dropping back- system is too strong.

For me it's 6 teams fighting out for the top 5 and any of those are capable.

What about your mob old mate?

What about your mob old mate?
Yeah would imagine we will remain around the mark. Can't remember who posted re us not paying the $$- think its just that we have worked pretty hard over last few years to find the balance between giving locals a game n creating a successful culture - and now we have a lot of young locals coming through between 17-21 that are good enough n have 20-60 senior games under their belt that we do not require the amount of travellers we have had in the past. Without the quality players we recruited n having a dip over the last 2 seasons we would be far worse off. I see us in 2012 very similar to what Tooleybuc are doing this year. Will definitely help develop their kids.

But in answe to your question- I'm happy enough with how we are going at tigerland.

Yeah would imagine we will remain around the mark. Can't remember who posted re us not paying the $$- think its just that we have worked pretty hard over last few years to find the balance between giving locals a game n creating a successful culture - and now we have a lot of young locals coming through between 17-21 that are good enough n have 20-60 senior games under their belt that we do not require the amount of travellers we have had in the past. Without the quality players we recruited n having a dip over the last 2 seasons we would be far worse off. I see us in 2012 very similar to what Tooleybuc are doing this year. Will definitely help develop their kids.

But in answe to your question- I'm happy enough with how we are going at tigerland.

Matei must say that I admire very much what the tigers have done and what my beloved eagles are doing. Have toughed out some hard times but are now coming out the other side to build sustainable competitive community clubs. The job is never done though and each season it gets harder to do

Yeah
Matei must say that I admire very much what the tigers have done and what my beloved eagles are doing. Have toughed out some hard times but are now coming out the other side to build sustainable competitive community clubs. The job is never done though and each season it gets harder to do

Yeah was some tough times for both n now there looks to be some clubs about to tough it out - I don't like seeing any club struggle as I know what it takes to simply have a club, let alone be competetive, and all the volunteers it's heart breaking stuff.

I just wonder with the town of swan hill not booming if its finally catching up, can this area support so many clubs, considering 3 leagues are in the mallee - Murray region.

As stated above- heartbreaking for volunteers, but I wonder how long it can be sustainable in regards to $$$ and player numbers.

Yeah

Yeah was some tough times for both n now there looks to be some clubs about to tough it out - I don't like seeing any club struggle as I know what it takes to simply have a club, let alone be competetive, and all the volunteers it's heart breaking stuff.

I just wonder with the town of swan hill not booming if its finally catching up, can this area support so many clubs, considering 3 leagues are in the mallee - Murray region.

As stated above- heartbreaking for volunteers, but I wonder how long it can be sustainable in regards to $$$ and player numbers.

The short answer is no i dont think the region can support so many clubs. Clubs face some huge decisions in the coming couple of years. At least one CMFL club that I know has been sounding out other clubs re possible mergers and if others aren't, they probably should be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back