Central Murray 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

For how long ?

What the record of Filo teams after his road show moves on
Can you provide some evidence? Don't think Kerang, Balranald or Koondrook-Barham have been reeling too badly when he has left up this way. Boga also have a heap of talented kids coming through so I'd say in 2-3 Years time they will have the foundations of a very good side.

Can you provide some evidence? Don't think Kerang, Balranald or Koondrook-Barham have been reeling too badly when he has left up this way. Boga also have a heap of talented kids coming through so I'd say in 2-3 Years time they will have the foundations of a very good side.

Bogas major issue in recent times is converting the talented kids into senior footballers

Bogas major issue in recent times is converting the talented kids into senior footballers
Possibly but they've got a batch that will come through into open age over the space of 4 years that have lots of potential. They have a great chance to stabilise and boom as a Club. Filo slinging some money around to help them be Competitive and too have these kids playing beside some decent players in the meantime has merit after going through some tough years and a Winless year this Season as well.

I'd say they can find a few guys that are Victorian Based with that money. Filo has been around a long while. I think they will escape the Wooden Spoon next year.
I'd think so. I thought it was strange how they did it this year, their season was near over before it started then spent coin on 3 blokes over 35

Interesting point roota, both Filo's have to right up there as the best coaches in country vic over the last 30 years, but since they have stopped playing their win/loss record would have dropped significantly.

It would be great for cmfl for boga to get back to the power club of the late 90's early 00's in senior footy

Shawn has had no real success for many years to be honest and I’m not sure his recruiting network is as vast as it used to be. I hope for Bogas sake I am wrong

Interesting point roota, both Filo's have to right up there as the best coaches in country vic over the last 30 years, but since they have stopped playing their win/loss record would have dropped significantly.

It would be great for cmfl for boga to get back to the power club of the late 90's early 00's in senior footy

Derrick and Shawn’s ’strengths as coaches were that they were both terrific players..Derrick one of the best country footballers ever...and their mates were all guns so they could pull a group of players with them where ever they went. Just like the great Trevor Ryan premiership machine. They also had great recruiting networks due to that. That has now past both of them by and you can see that clearly by looking at recent results.

Again..both absolute greats and I very much enjoyed playing against Shawn and getting to know him away from footy but I am not sure how this will work out

Last edited:
Derrick and Shaun’s strengths as coached were that they were both terrific players..Derrick one of the best country footballers ever...and their mates were all guns so they could pull a group of players with them where ever they went. They also had great recruiting networks due to that. That has now past both of them by and you can see that clearly by looking at recent results.

Again..both absolute greats and I very much enjoyed playing against Shawn and getting to know him away from footy but I am not sure how this will work out

Can’t just walk in with 6 mates theses days either. Points and all.

Depends how many points the 6 are carrying. How'd you go with the evidence of Filo leaving Club's in a mess? I'm interested.

Quote me where I said Filo leaves them in a mess

But also show me where as a coach he has set the club up for a strong future once he leaves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But also show me where as a coach he has set the club up for a strong future once he leaves
In my opinion, I'd say many sides may drop off when a coach leaves. Not particularly in a mess. But the old players following coaches like we see in Hough.

And unless local, is there really that many paid on short contracts with the long term goal of future dynastys. I mean, they'll say they are in the local rag, but not sure that many look past trying to get a senior flag that year.

That's exactly what you we're trying to suggest. One of these people that like potting people when they don't know enough about what their talking about.

Different ball game now

Salary Caps
Completely different culture and town dynamics

But you would have already known I was going to say that Dirt Bike.

For Lake Boga’s sake I hope it works out well for them

Points system is working but how many clubs would be under the salary cap? I'd say half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back