Central Murray FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Re interleague:
It is like rep cricket in Swan hill. It's impossible to get the best team as players tend to choose to spend their week of resting or with family or to get away somewhere. With cricket we tried a player driven approach with some success.
But the format needs to be organised so start of next season is concentrating on selecting team and training etc. Get 3 current players & 2 ex or older players as selectors and for a 5 man selection team. Example 3 out of cal, jack, xav, grayling, otoole or trenta. Then get 2 others such as sully, ash Thompson, matt curran, Shane guerra, even dean bennett, wes Lewis, shane Palmer, Jamie macri etc. (don't jump
Up n down at names, sorry if I forgot obvious ones or wrote names ppl wouldn't)
The 5 man pamel can select a squad early, have a few training runs.
It won't happen first year, but we have to try something and hopefully within a few years we can create a culture like ovens n Murray where players are fighting for a spot to play against the best of another league. Worth trying anyway.*

Re interleague:
It is like rep cricket in Swan hill. It's impossible to get the best team as players tend to choose to spend their week of resting or with family or to get away somewhere. With cricket we tried a player driven approach with some success.
But the format needs to be organised so start of next season is concentrating on selecting team and training etc. Get 3 current players & 2 ex or older players as selectors and for a 5 man selection team. Example 3 out of cal, jack, xav, grayling, otoole or trenta. Then get 2 others such as sully, ash Thompson, matt curran, Shane guerra, even dean bennett, wes Lewis, shane Palmer, Jamie macri etc. (don't jump
Up n down at names, sorry if I forgot obvious ones or wrote names ppl wouldn't)
The 5 man pamel can select a squad early, have a few training runs.
It won't happen first year, but we have to try something and hopefully within a few years we can create a culture like ovens n Murray where players are fighting for a spot to play against the best of another league. Worth trying anyway.*

On Shane Guerra he runs out for his 400th senior game this weekend for the raiders. Congratulations to Shane, what an effort this is. I wish him all the best for Saturday.

How ya going guys? Im originally a balranald boy now living in ballarat, obviously the roo boys are struggling this year. Just want to know, who are the teams to beat this year and who are the better players running around? How is sully going this year? Heard he had his troubles last year. Hopefully the champ is past that? Cheers lads!

raiders still confident they can do the job come september! It seems they should make the 5 and they could possibly do what swan hill did last year! Cannot wait for the finals

Saw a disturbing site whilst having a few frothies watching Woorinen take care of our boys on Saturday.

Scuffle broke out in front of the club rooms, nothing much in it. Poor old umpire confuses himself having already sent 2 of the lads off earlier in the day. Game stops for more than 5 minutes whilst he and everyone else tries to work out what he is doing. Players gether around him to give their opinions. Still nothing overly wrong with it. He was confused and trying to sort himself out...fair enough. The disturbing bit was when he very blatantly pushed a Woorinen player away. Luckily the player was very good natured about it and nothing eventuated but in my mind it was totally inappropriate and if the player had have been the one to make contact we would not here the end of it.

Saw a disturbing site whilst having a few frothies watching Woorinen take care of our boys on Saturday.

Scuffle broke out in front of the club rooms, nothing much in it. Poor old umpire confuses himself having already sent 2 of the lads off earlier in the day. Game stops for more than 5 minutes whilst he and everyone else tries to work out what he is doing. Players gether around him to give their opinions. Still nothing overly wrong with it. He was confused and trying to sort himself out...fair enough. The disturbing bit was when he very blatantly pushed a Woorinen player away. Luckily the player was very good natured about it and nothing eventuated but in my mind it was totally inappropriate and if the player had have been the one to make contact we would not here the end of it.
Who was the umpire?

Bloody Hell.... A little bit precious aren't we? I hope the Woorinen bloke didn't bruise. What else was the said umpire supposed to do? When he has players who are obviously inside his personal space? Cower down like a dog who has been kicked in the guts?

Bloody Hell.... A little bit precious aren't we? I hope the Woorinen bloke didn't bruise. What else was the said umpire supposed to do? When he has players who are obviously inside his personal space? Cower down like a dog who has been kicked in the guts?

Seriously Vet if you are happy for umpires to be making intentional and obvious physical contact with players then there is a problem. As I said what if the player had have been the one to make the contact with the umpire. How many weeks would he get at a Tribunal. In my opinion, having been 5 metres from it, it was just not right and lucky that the player wasn't as hot headed as some others around the traps

They should make it. With the $$$ outlay, the Members should be expecting big things.
Don't know if they will threaten based from what I saw in the 2nd half on Saturday lack key position players and were beaten in contested ball by Kangas, reckon they need to shift Milward further up the ground to link up through the middle, Kangas really need a decent forward, I'm sure clubs would be hoping they hold 5th and keep swan hill out of the finals

I just find it precious mate. That is all I am saying. It comes back to the league and how they handle this will make for interesting reading. We tend to make mountains out of molehills at times.

I just find it precious mate. That is all I am saying. It comes back to the league and how they handle this will make for interesting reading. We tend to make mountains out of molehills at times.

I understand your point. I just reckon it was a really silly thing for an umpire to do and it could have had some pretty ordinary consequences

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HUGE HUGE HUGE 2 weeks coming up for Swan Hill. Tyntynder this week, Woorinen they next. If they can come away with both games, they have a run home of Balranald, Lalbert, Tooleytang, Cohuna. The fate is in their hands and I would be assuming there would be some nervous sides if they came up against the Swans come September.

HUGE HUGE HUGE 2 weeks coming up for Swan Hill. Tyntynder this week, Woorinen they next. If they can come away with both games, they have a run home of Balranald, Lalbert, Tooleytang, Cohuna. The fate is in their hands and I would be assuming there would be some nervous sides if they came up against the Swans come September.

It looks like the 5th spot will be either Cohuna or Swan Hill as you would think Tyntynder, Woorinen & Raiders will make up 2-4. I cant see Cohuna missing out on finals but. They have a better % than swanhill and are 2 games clear. Can't see Swan Hill making up 3 games with only 6 to play. But never say never......Swan Hill proved this last year

Rd 14
Mallee Eagles v Cohuna Kangas
Tyntynder v Kerang
KB Raiders v NNWU
Balranald v Swan Hill
BYE- Tooleytang, Woorinen and Lake Boga

Rd 15
Kerang v Woorinen
Lake Boga v Balranald
NNWU v Tyntynder
Swan Hill v Mallee Eagles
Cohuna Kangas v Tooleytang
BYE- KB Raiders

Rd 16
Mallee Eagles v Lake Boga
Woorinen v NNWU
Tyntynder v KB Raiders
Tooleytang v Swan Hill
BYE- Kerang, Cohuna Kangas and Balranald

Rd 17
KB Raiders v Woorinen
Kerang v Mallee Eagles
Lake Boga v Tooleytang
NNWU v Balranald
Swan Hill v Cohuna Kangas
BYE- Tyntynder

Rd 18
Woorinen vTyntynder
Cohuna Kangas v Lake Boga
Balranald v KB Raiders
Mallee Eagles v NNWU
Tooleytang v Kerang
BYE-Swan Hill

Any thoughts on the remainder of the year? Some big games coming up for certain teams.

Nothing van be considered a one horse race when it involves Kerang given their recent record in GF's. Yes they have won a couple and they have been dominant for many years but if you were coming up against them you would have to give yourself a sneaky chance of knocking them over in the big one

Fantastic to hear that one of Kerang's favourite sons and the leagues great players and blokes received a magnificent "Cheese Platter" on his 200th game on the weekend. Terrific reward for the loyalty, service and captaincy he has provided over his career thus far. Here's hoping he gets to 300 as the word is a "Chocolate Fondue Fountain" is the carrot being dangled to reach that milestone, hell, they may throw in that carrot as well!!!

Nice win by our boys against Swan Hill on Saturday to almost certainly end their season. Pity we couldn't find this form earlier in the year. Also all the best to our 2 lads Nat Kendall and Dylan Wright who suffered serious injuries

Cohuna with a convincing win over Tooley/Manang on the weekend, Cohuna hitting some good form ready for the business end of the year.

Ps: How did Nat Kendall score a game in the pioneers earlier in the year, most over-rated up-and comer!

Cohuna with a convincing win over Tooley/Manang on the weekend, Cohuna hitting some good form ready for the business end of the year.

Ps: How did Nat Kendall score a game in the pioneers earlier in the year, most over-rated up-and comer!

Wouldn't be too rapped in Cohuna's form champ, they havent beaten anyone of note for a while and game before last were very underwhelming against our boys. We will find out if they are as good as you reckon in a few weeks time.

As for you pot shot at Nat the answer is simple. The young fella worked his arse off of summer and the improvement has shown in his footy. Was holding down the ruck spot with pio' s until he injured an ankle and has been excellent for us ever since. Goes about it with a great attitude unlike a few up themself flogs around the place

Wouldn't be too rapped in Cohuna's form champ, they havent beaten anyone of note for a while and game before last were very underwhelming against our boys. We will find out if they are as good as you reckon in a few weeks time.

As for you pot shot at Nat the answer is simple. The young fella worked his arse off of summer and the improvement has shown in his footy. Was holding down the ruck spot with pio' s until he injured an ankle and has been excellent for us ever since. Goes about it with a great attitude unlike a few up themself flogs around the place

Yes the next few weeks will be a big test for them lads, they have been down in previous years but i think this year they will produce the goods.
Why hasn't Kendall gone back into the pioneers team with the good form he is in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back