Central Murray FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any comments on what made the difference for Koondrook beating Cohuna on the weekend? On paper it looks like a pretty big upset even though both times are out of the finals race.

That is what I thought. Thanks Roota. Um.... So you could have the same club in different rooms? Bit weird I would have thought. But if they're the rules....

Usually if the seniors, 2's and thirds are all playing on the same day they will use the same rooms but it will be decided on whether the one's are the highest ranked side in their game

Just wanted to have a look over the two finals matches this weekend. Good luck to all teams competing across all grades in football and netball.

Saturday @ Barham
Swan Hill v Kerang
This is almost impossible to call for mine. Both teams have packed on-ball brigades, dangerous forwards and running defensive units. Swan Hill's key players are Justin Davies, Xavier Moloney, Leighton Dullard and Lachy Foott through the middle whilst Hugh Foott, Brett Pekin, Gerard Kelly and Lachlan Foott need to be dangerous up forward. Down back Luke Kiel, Jared Halligan, Brendan McIntyre and Brian Burke will need to be on-song. Callan Beasy returning from injury is important as well.
Kerang are a dangerous unit as well. Led by Chris Gibson, Josh Coulter, Greg Dickson and Bryden Morrison in the middle whilst Kobi Wilson, Troy Kelm and Paul Grayling are strong tall targets. Ryan Gillingham and Travis Matheson are also strong players.
My TIP: Swans by 11 points due to Davies brilliant form and Kiel, Burke and Halligan's defensive rebound.

Sunday @ Swan Hill
Lake Boga v Tooleybuc
This game should not be as tightly fought as Swan Hill v Kerang however nothing is taken for granted in finals footy. Tooleybuc have been hit hard with the loss of Joshua Stone and Ash Thompson through injury. Lake Boga on the other hand have missed key players but should gain those back.
Ryan O'Sullivan v Josh Jenkins will be a key duel however Wes Pye and Nigel Dedini might give Jenkins help at times. Jarrod Arentz has given Boga nightmares in previous Elimination Finals whilst Jarrod Tyler, Brenton Caldwell, Dean Jardine and Travis Hayward are all good performers. Hayden Walters and Kayne McAlpine down back are veteran stoppers. For the Black and White, Ben Coloe and Jeremy Hayes are defensive stars and Marcus Nalder, Michael Dedini, Glenn Smith and Josh Ewart are strong in the middle. Wes Pye, Ryan and Matt Harrop are good forward targets.
My TIP: Magpies by 20 points as I think Hayes and co can contain Arentz whilst Jenkins can at the least break even with O'Sullivan and the Pies midfield is stronger.

Premiers Seniors: Balranald
Premiers Reserves:Tooley/Manang
Premiers Colts: Tyntynder
League B&F: X. Moloney/R. O'sullivan
Rookie: Jack Dehne cohuna
Biggest flop: Jarood tyler t/m
Next years wish: even competion across the field, interleague success, :thumbsu: up the league's profile

Kerang v Swan Hill

Makes your mouth water really. Very talented youngsters, finals hardened lists, match winners everywhere and a ground that could hold the Titanic. This really is going to come down to who takes the opportunities in front of goal. Very close to make a tip... Kerang based on bias.

Lake Boga v Tooleymanang

With both teams playing for their seasons, this will be a ball tearer.
Tooleymanang to win.

4.10-34 Bendigo Bombers
Selected Team
2:00 PM
Sat 21/Aug

Windy Hill (Map) def. by18.14-122 Sandringham
Selected Team
Bendigo Bombers Goal Kickers: J. Thompson, P. Liddle, M. James, M. Still
Best Players: P. Liddle, M. James, B. Duscher, J. Papalia, L. Masters, J. Thompson

Sandringham Goal Kickers: N. Sautner 7, S. Tregear 3, J. Steven, C. Waller, R. Ferraro, T. Walsh, J. Nash, D. Archer, T. Lynch, S. King
Best Players: A. Smith, S. Gaertner, S. Tregear, B. Howard, T. Walsh, N. Sautner

Interesting to see Leigh Masters played his first game for the Bendigo Bombers on the weekend and was named in the best players. Good effort stepping up from the TAC Cup to the VFL!

Any comments on what made the difference for Koondrook beating Cohuna on the weekend? On paper it looks like a pretty big upset even though both times are out of the finals race.

It can all be attributed to one of the sharpest football brains in the area Rockfrog.This is how it went-At around midnight at Mate's Royal Hotel Paul "the Mule" Molin was just finishing his 18th Bourbon can when he decided enough was enough-that the Raiders wouldn't go winless in 2010.He remembered owning many Cohuna footballers at the very same venue he was presently at.Many before had tried to conquer his record times for downing bottles of baileys;bourbon;breezers and maybe even west coast coolers in his younger day.He had tossed many of the Cohuna boys predessors for hundreds of dollars at a time;taken them to the cleaners in Coins.He owned the minds and wallets of their brothers;uncles and relatives.He booked a ticket on the red eye for his partner in crime-Gavin"the Skunk" Farrant(a former Cohuna boy himself).Together they orchestrated a famous victory.Dwayne"Cobber Rogers" Guerra was heard to tell supporters the Mule's inspiring speech before the Raiders ran out was spine tingling.He was actually in the middle of one of his famous benders that would make Ben Cousin's look amatuerish-difference being the Mule's weren't chemically assisted.Strong word on the street the mule and old Cobber as joint coaches in 2011

4.10-34Bendigo Bombers
Selected Team
2:00 PM
Sat 21/Aug

Windy Hill (Map)def. by18.14-122Sandringham
Selected Team
Bendigo Bombers Goal Kickers: J. Thompson, P. Liddle, M. James, M. Still
Best Players: P. Liddle, M. James, B. Duscher, J. Papalia, L. Masters, J. Thompson
Sandringham Goal Kickers: N. Sautner 7, S. Tregear 3, J. Steven, C. Waller, R. Ferraro, T. Walsh, J. Nash, D. Archer, T. Lynch, S. King
Best Players: A. Smith, S. Gaertner, S. Tregear, B. Howard, T. Walsh, N. Sautner

Interesting to see Leigh Masters played his first game for the Bendigo Bombers on the weekend and was named in the best players. Good effort stepping up from the TAC Cup to the VFL!

As an ex Nyah bloke its great to see a Masters doing well. However i do wonder if DADDY had the vote card this game.

Great to see 3 local players headed to the new AFL combine or State Screening as it used to be known.

Leigh Masters who has been doing well with the Pioneers all season long and had a good debut with Bendigo Bombers. He has great range and length but I wonder whether he can put on enough weighht to handle the physical bodies.

Troy Davis who is one I don't know much about but has been doing ok with North Ballarat I belive and is playing good school footy. AFL scouts do really look hard into school matches now which is handy.

Josh Jenkins, a bit older player is also headed to the Combine. 21 so has a good shot and is a big bloke which clubs love.

I think the testing is in a month or six weeks so will be good to get these guys results posted on here somewhow

Apparently the league vote count was last night just wanting to know who were the lucky players who came away with the silverware??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Thompson won Lalberts B & F. Josh Coulter won Kerangs. Just a matter of interest who got the gong at the other CMFL clubs.

Lalbert- R Thompson
Kerang- J Coulter
Lake Boga-
Cohuna-
Woorinen-
NNWU-
Swan Hill-
Tyntynder-
Balranald-
Tooleymanang-
Raiders-

Swans or the Roos on Saturday?

apparently a super charged G.Lake got naked before the game and told the boys if they wanted to get a lot of vejuta like him they first had to win. After the win there was vejuta everywhere and all the boys were pleased.

apparently a super charged G.Lake got naked before the game and told the boys if they wanted to get a lot of vejuta like him they first had to win. After the win there was vejuta everywhere and all the boys were pleased.

Who really gives a stuff about this rubbish. Its prelim final week and your talking shit about what happened in the last game of the year to the wooden spoon winning team. Perhaps if your club worried more about winning games and putting a decent team on the park than how beers some local drunk can drink you wouldn't be the laughing stock of the comp. Enough of my ranting, whose going to win this week, my money is on swan hill to drop the roos in straight sets.

So, we have a Kerang v Swan Hill final as Balranald flounder to a straight-sets failure. Injuries no doubt took a toll on the Roos finals campaign.

Back onto this week's game:
Kerang have the powerful midfield and talls that can take a big grab. Wilson, Kelm and Grayling are all good tall players and hold their respective positions well. Gibson, White and Coulter in the middle are all big, strong bodies around the ball which creates problems for opposition sides. Players like Dickson, Gillingham, Morrison and Gray are all solid contributors.

For Swan Hill, the big men in Beasy, Hugh Foott, Pekin and Monk will need to stand tall and counter the Blues size. Leighton Dullard, Davies and Moloney will have to at least negate the Blues midfield for Swan Hill to have a chance. Kiel, Halligan, Burke, Coburn and Tom Dullard are also important players.

My take, I think whichever sides second tier players get on top will determine the win. I expect guys like Rankins, McIntyre, Lachy Foott, Kelly and Lachlan Foott to step up and help the Swans another premiership

Margin: Swans by 13 points
BOG: Leighton Dullard (SH)

Did Hugh Foott play yesterday with his calf injury?

I would say that out of the 2 teams Kerang were better on the day we played them than Swan hill however you cannot discount the recent record of Kerang in GF's. Toss of the coin for me. If Swan Hill are to win Callan Beasy needs to dominate the air. If Kerang are to win they need to start well other wise the doubts will creep in

Good luck to the teams participating in the CMFL Grand Finals.

Seniors- Kerang by 4 goals.
Second Semi win comprehensive, and injury concerns for the Swans
point to a Blues Premiership. As they say... third time lucky.

Reserves- Too close to call. Depends on the weather.
Dry- Lake Boga
Wet- Tooleytang

Colts- Tyntynder by 12 goals.
Class team with late inclusions to make it back to back for the Puppies.

SENIORS: swan hill in a thriller till the end 4 points

RESERVES: saints by 4 goals

COLTS: dogs by 10+ goals

lets hope for a big show! no club having more then one team in :thumbsu:

Seniors: Kerang by a kick after the siren.

Reserves: Lake Boga

Colts: Dogs easy.

Does anyone know if they are having tonights vote count on the radio?

Here is a long list of candidates for the medal...
The winner will come from here:
ROOS: E Kuret, L Wilkinson, D Fitzgerald, M Giansiracusa, H Harmer, M Chilton, B Cardillo. SAINTS: R O'Sullivan, L Brown, J Arentz, J Stone, A Thompson, H Walters. DEMONS: L Oswald, M Lynch, T Parker, J Dorazio, M Curran. TIGERS: O Hone, D Bolton, M Gilmore, K Steicke. BULLDOGS: C Kelly, M Corrie, L O'Toole, B Carroll, S Bunyan, T Styles. SWANS: J Davies, X Moloney, L Dullard, H Foott, B Burke, C Beasy, L Kiel. EAGLES: G Krepp, R Thompson, L McCombe, D Ward. MAGPIES: G Smith, M Nalder, M Dedini, J Jenkins, C Ryan, B Coloe. BLUES: C Gibson, J Coulter, B White, G Dickson, T Kelm, T Thamm, K Wilson. KANGAS: N Zerafa, G Bakoulas, R Easton, J Vandongen. RAIDERS: S Guerra, N Sims, L Guerra.

My top 5 in no order are:
O'Sullivan, Moloney, Kuret, Davies, Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back