Changes for next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Depending on next week and injuries:

In:

Fletcher - Missed him greatly.
McVeigh - Miss him every week.
Lonergan - Someone who looks comfortable in the middle.
Winderlich - Much needed class and run ala Lovett, Dyson is not providing it.
Laycock - To free Ryder up. Ryder is wasted in the ruck and should be playing CHB or in a more mobile position.
Rama - Needed some experience and class down back.
Reimers - Good grunt and hardness.

Out:

Johns - Too one dimensional.
Daniher - Exposed down back and Neagle showed more up forward.
Hislop - Need someone more experienced.
Atkinson - Not enough class.
Monfries - Too small for the midfield. Gets in others way.
Nash - Looks like he has the Yips currently. Needs a break to regain form.
Dyson/Slattery - Not giving enough at the moment.

Ins: McVeigh, Fletcher, Lonergan, Rama, Winderlich, Reimers

Outs: Dyson, Daniher, Johns, Atkinson, Monfries, NLM(susp)

Dyson - I've had a gut full. Got chased down by Westhoff and couldn't chase anyone down himself for 0 tackles. Disgrace.

Daniher and Atkinson need more time but I'd love to give Atkinson a few more games at this level as I think he has the strength and pace to play.

Monfries.. while he did get a bit more of it today he's just a kid in mans body and sadly will always be that way. Lack of pace kills him as he has no other tricks.

Johns - sadly the end is nigh. Made Tredrea look as nimble as a rover. Has no lateral movement and is not up to it.

Keep Myers and Hislop in the side as these two guys have the tools that we are desperately missing.

Dyson has tonnes of class and has to stay. Henry Slattery is the worst player ever to don the red sash.

Dyson and "class" in the same sentence..I NEVER thought I'd see that. When has he EVER and I mean EVER demonstrated class! As for Slattery, yes he is rubbish but not worst ever- that would be Kepler or someone like that.

I will repeat. Ryder had zero ACTUAL effect when he went into the ruck. We didn't win any more clearances and we didn't score more goals nor stop them from scoring more either.

Not sure how relevant that is to Ryder's actual ruckwork. This was Ryder's first full-time game in the ruck so what were you expecting?

I can tell you now, Laycock wouldn't of been better.

Not sure how relevant that is to Ryder's actual ruckwork. This was Ryder's first full-time game in the ruck so what were you expecting?

I can tell you now, Laycock wouldn't of been better.

However Laycock might have been about the same, while Ryder would also have been in the team and been doing great down back or up forward.

The fact is that Laycock can be a decent ruckman and forward option when he's plying well, which he hasn't been.

Ryder can be a lot more.

Therefore Laycock should go in the ruck and Ryder can play elsewhere!

Get JJ in. Sure we have a lot of young guys who need game time but it's insulting he isn't in the team.

On form JJ does not deserve it, was poor for Bendigo last game

Dyson, Atkinson, Nash should be definate outs and Pears along with the players coming back from injury (McVeigh, Lonergan, Winderlich, Riemers) should come in.

Wouldn't mind lining up against Sydney with a team like this:

B: Slattery Michael Pears
HB: Myers Johns Lovett Murray
C: Winderlich Watson Stanton
HF: Lonergan Daniher Welsh
F: Neagle Lloyd Jetta
Foll: Ryder McVeigh Houli
INT: Hille Riemers Lovett Hislop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What have those 6 done to deserve their spot??? Give the kid another game. What did you expect Darcy to do tonight??? Have 35 posi's & kick 5 goals?

Johns may be crap but at least he as some balls to go for the ball... Darcy did not even try to hit the pack when he was cut off in that marking contest argh

Please explain what Daniher did tonight to deserve another game next week.

Being young is not a reason otherwise I will put my nephew up for selection.

I thought Daniher was pretty good in the first quarter when he was forward. Lead up well and took a couple of marks. He got pantsed for 10 minutes when he went into defence on Motlop but he has never really looked that good as a defender IMO. He did not play a lot of footy in defence for Calder so i don't know why people presumed he was a defender. has always played his best footy at CHF.
For the long term i think it is important that most of the young blokes get 3 , 4 or 5 games this year. No point having another year where we finish with 8 to 10 wins and keep doing the same stuff over again.

My theory that has proven true so far: players coming into the senior team are given two weeks to try and prove themself. So I expect all the first-gamers to be in the team against Sydney. But Johns no longer has the immunity idol.

The entire defense has to be scrutinised - on the radio I think they said Port's first 22 scoring chots had come from 25 inside 50s!!!!!!! Is that for real?

On form JJ does not deserve it, was poor for Bendigo last game

my side would be.

rama,michael,ryder
nlm,fletcher,hislop
stanton,watson,windelich
lovett,lloyd,reimers
jetta,neagle,daniher
hille,mcveigh,houli

laycock,lonergan,myers,atkinson

in.rama,fletcher,windelich,reimers,mcveigh,laycock,lonergan
out.mcphee(sus),nash,slattery.monfries,johns,dyson,welsh.

nash,dyson and welsh all useless and unaccountable
johns won't be played as a forward so he is no value anywhere else.
slattery too slow
monfries won't be allowed to play on the ball so no point him playing either.

and trying doing 3 kicks to every 1 handball, instead of this 5 hb to every kick.we are doing at the moment

Must leave in Myers, Atkinson, Hislop and Neagle if fit. These youngsters need game time. Daniher is still a bit raw. Hopefully Lonergan, Mcveigh and maybe Fletcher will be back.

My outs: McPhee (either suspended or dropped), Slattery, Lovett-Murray, Atkinson
Ins: Fletcher, Johnson, Pears, McVeigh

Side:

B: Nash, Michael, Ryder
HB: Dyson, Fletcher, Houli
C: Lovett, Johnson, McVeigh
HF: Monfries, Neagle, Daniher
F: Jetta, Lloyd, Welsh
R: Hille, Watson, Stanton
Int: Myers, Hislop, Pears, Johns
Emerg: Lonergan, Reimers, Lovett-Murray

Im quite happy that no Essendon players will be playing in the Dreamteam game this week. Gives the list a much needed break and they should come breathing out fire against the Swans. We will be getting back numerous players which is a big bonus. Riemers, Lonergan, Fletcher and McVeigh have to be certainties if fit. At least 4 changes next game.

in.rama fletcher windelich reimers mcveigh lonergan
out.mcphee(sus) nash slattery monfries johns/NLM dyson

whats the news with NLM?
i heard he couldnt be up for suspension?

and i couldnt make it to the game or watch it seeings i dont have foxtel. did johns really play that bad? it looked like he did alright. kept tredrea to 1 goal and 9 touches in a game were we got belted..
he shouldnt be dropped based on reputation only..
again its hard to form your own opinions based on stats and the radio but it looked like he played well. if so keep him in and take out NLM.

In: Mcveigh, Fletcher, Lonergan, Reimers, Rama, Winderlich, Laycock

Out: Johns, Slattery, Daniher, Atkinson, Dyson, Mcphee (Sus), Lovett-Murray (Sus)

Team
B: Rama, Michael, Fletcher
HB: Nash, Ryder, Houli
C: Winderlich, Watson, Lovett
HF: Lonergan, Neagle, Welsh
F: Reimers, Lloyd, Jetta
Foll: Hille, Mcveigh, Stanton
INT: Myers, Hislop, Monfries, Laycock

i would be happy if johns never played again. the experiment is over everyone needs to realize he's a dud. cant play back or foward, sloth like at ground level constantly 10 metres behind his man. he is up there with henneman as the worst essendon player of all time:mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back