Strategy Changes for Rd 9 vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How i feel a few days on from culleys ACL.
Sad New Music GIF by Alex Warren

Out: Culley (injured), Trew, Darling (rest), XON/Edwards/Clark to sub

In: Chesser, Hough, Jamieson, SPS

If a tall defender is good to go then bring them in too.

Darling to play this week.

Rest him for that long trip to Tasmania the following week.

In fact Allen likely needs a rest next week too.

And Barrass.;):cool:

My son came and showed me the footage of that.

Rowell is freaking weird. Who eats grass ffs.

On national TV.

Its something you expect to see watching Jackass
plus people spit n piss all over the oval

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst Hurn hasn't been bad at all this season, I'd be preferring to get some games into younger players every second week.

With the potential of Hough and Hedwards coming back, would be much better for Shannon to go on a two week fishing trip with Lecca instead.
That would require us to actually have fit youngsters.

GC travelling to Perth, their second 6 day break in a row, reckon we're a chance in this game. Was gonna say they had a draining game last week against Melbourne but then again so did we in the wet.
Zero chance. Love the random optimism but the side is broken. Last two week has shown how we’ve gone from being somewhat competitive to being cooked.

Darlings in terrible form, but our entries have been miserly and when we do get them forward it’s often 2v1 and not placed to his advantage.

Allen is the beneficiary of his work too.

Don’t think we have much choice with changes this week.

Out: Culley, Hurn (Inj)
In: Jamieson, SPS (if fit)

Friday night game means we can really choose our sub but not have to hold over any more than necessary.

Chesser, Edwards come back via WAFL would be preferred. But we might be tempted to bring Edwards in if he’s kept his running up, which you assume he has.

Jamieson plays second ruck. Waterman to 3rd tall. Witts is a big test for BBBW he’s going to need the support.

We are really lacking ground players and the balance is really wrong, but what choice do we really have?

Last edited:
Zero chance. Love the random optimism but the side is broken. Last two week has shown how we’ve gone from being somewhat competitive to being cooked.
Agree.You would need several players to step up and play out of their skins.Jack Darling would be one but unlikely.

With Darling I kind of want us to experiment a bit.

Do we actually need two big key forwards anymore. Look at most sides these days and a lot of them are going with just one key forward.

We can't replace Darling anyway with our injuries but once that lightens up would be nice to have other options to try.

Maybe go with a small forward line instead for a change.

I feel like the only way we can win is if we play out of our skins for 3 qtrs and they are hopelessly bad and then we hang on to a small victory.

We need them to be very inaccurate and unlucky and us to go at like 80% i50 eff.

Like the win v Pies last year. Just crazy accuracy.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If people are wanting Jamieson to come in to back up Williams in the ruck then who takes Casboult/King? I want him coming in to play on King or we are gonna have another oppo forward kick a big bag on Rotham/Hurn.

If people are wanting Jamieson to come in to back up Williams in the ruck then who takes Casboult/King? I want him coming in to play on King or we are gonna have another oppo forward kick a big bag on Rotham/Hurn.
Casboult wont play, apparently his pregnant wife is due this week and he didn't make the flight over.

With Darling I kind of want us to experiment a bit.

Do we actually need two big key forwards anymore. Look at most sides these days and a lot of them are going with just one key forward.

We can't replace Darling anyway with our injuries but once that lightens up would be nice to have other options to try.

Maybe go with a small forward line instead for a change.
Teams are going with one not cause of tactical reasons but cause they don’t have two quality key forwards.

Jacks production has been poor but what he has done well is protect Allen from being reamed by the opposition defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back