Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think that with a different coach over the last decade we had the potential to be the #1 team in town membership wise and perhaps even corporate support wise.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure on that , Crows will always have a certain anti Port group.
Like the old SANFL days it was us against the rest and thats sort of rolled over to the AFL.
If we had a different coach that improved us we would definitely have a bigger slice of the cake.
Very much a what if thing that we will never know the answer.

This is not a 50/50 game. We're far less likely to win an away Showdown than a home one.

Yep. The only away Showdown in recent memory that we didn't play terribly in was in 2019 when we smashed them in the silver guernsey. Our only other win was in 2021 when we were a top team and they were a bottom team and we still barely beat them. Every other away Showdown in the last 8 years has been an L.

Yep. The only away Showdown in recent memory that we didn't play terribly in was in 2019 when we smashed them in the silver guernsey. Our only other win was in 2021 when we were a top team and they were a bottom team and we still barely beat them. Every other away Showdown in the last 8 years has been an L.
Didn’t we smash them in 2022?
Around 8 goals ?

Under stinkly when was the last time we went into a game as rank underdogs and come out triumphant over the opposition and turned the tables through sheer guts and determination???
The sooner we get rid of Koch and stinkly the better!

LOL ... Hey I dont disagree that the Crow is a flog. Just pointing out that our goal celebrations are just as divisive to oppo supporters. As mentioned, at least Butters is universally admired for his skills.

There are numerous other players that tend to get under people's skin ... Cody Weightman for one, bugs the hell out of me.
Until our blokes start air boxing to the Rocky Theme after a goal I think it's safe to say the Crows are a gazillion times more annoying to everybody.

Straight from our website - In the mix -
"Burton and Clurey would be ideal replacements for Aliir, while McEntee has become renowned for his forward pressure and finishing in front of goal, making him a suitable swap for Powell-Pepper."
smashing ron swanson GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Until our blokes start air boxing to the Rocky Theme after a goal I think it's safe to say the Crows are a gazillion times more annoying to everybody.
When Chayce Cones of all people did a stupid celebration against North it was really next level cringe.

Straight from our website - In the mix -
"Burton and Clurey would be ideal replacements for Aliir, while McEntee has become renowned for his forward pressure and finishing in front of goal, making him a suitable swap for Powell-Pepper."
Finishing in front of goal?

Checks stats….2g 1b with a grand total of 10 kicks all season….

His last game before being dropped, he didn’t even register a kick (admittedly, he was the sub).

Mead, who started as the sub in the against the Saints, equaled McEntee’s total kicks for the season in a HALF.

I suppose a 30% shot of goal and 66% conversion rate is decent, but he never touches the ball.

Could have been a sciatic nerve issue as opposed to a torn hamstring. They feel pretty similar. In which case, he could recover quite quickly.

If it is a hamstring. We are stupid letting him play at this stage of the season

Could have been a sciatic nerve issue as opposed to a torn hamstring. They feel pretty similar. In which case, he could recover quite quickly.

If it is a hamstring. We are stupid letting him play at this stage of the season
he had scans which conformed a grade 1 hamstring strain tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back