Strategy Changes v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't both coaches agree before the game that Sloane and JJ will tag each other? Everyone wins this way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Because ultimately the real issue isn't solved and we don't win. JJ and the club are going to have work out how to fix this ASAP otherwise his career is going to turn out a lot different to how we all hope.

If JJ can't handle a loose tag off half back how do people expect him to handle the blocking and hits he will take to release Sloane?

JJ isn't an inside player so a had tag on a hard player is something I cannot see him be able to pull off.

The Crows just don't tag and bully. It drives the Adelaide BigFooty forum nuts. It is the Malcolm Blight 'play footy in the right spirit' mentality that means we (Crows) keep losing to the dirty teams like the Hawks (and currently Demons)
We'll see, before the first bounce. The temptation might be too hard to resist. It will only take one "fair" team to break the cycle.

Morris Roberts Moyd
JJ Cordy Biggs
Hunter Wallis Macrae
Daniel Stringer Mclean
Dickson Redpath Picken
Campell Bont Libba
I/C Roughy, Dickson, Smith, Dale

Roughy and Campbell to interchange between ruck and forward to provide more aerial contest up there. Libba to run with Sloane if he's fit. Clay to tag Laird. 6 man backline 6 man forwardline. Smash them at the source. I think this will be our upset game for the season. Give the fans a bit of hope in an otherwise poor season. JJ to re-sign straight afterwards and Lever to request a trade.

Morris Roberts Moyd
JJ Cordy Biggs
Hunter Wallis Macrae
Daniel Stringer Mclean
Dickson Redpath Picken
Campell Bont Libba

Roughy and Campbell to interchange between ruck and forward to provide more aerial contest up there. Libba to run with Sloane if he's fit. Clay to tag Laird. 6 man backline 6 man forwardline. Smash them at the source. I think this will be our upset game for the season. Give the fans a bit of hope in an otherwise poor season. JJ to re-sign straight afterwards and Lever to request a trade.

Love the sentiment but are we 'resting' Bob, Woody and Dahl? (... and Dickson named twice).

We can't be serious with JJ to tag Sloane.

I love JJ but he is weak as p155, doesn't like the hard stuff (as proving in the last month) and isn't known for his aggressive tackling. Without a bit mongrel any tagger would be destroyed.

He needs to work through this form slump and understand that he bloody quicker than any of these guys that are ripping into him. Get running, lift the work rate and with that he will find the space will open up and then run, bloody run god damn it.

I like Wallis going head to head. Seems like the sort of guy that can do the job but still rack up his usual numbers as well.
Wallis was looking like becoming the best defensive mid in the comp for a while there. Can remember him consistently keeping the best mids quite while also racking up clearances himself. Too bad we don't believe that's an important part of football anymore... or that Wallis could be useful outside of the forward line... :rolleyes:

Morris Roberts Moyd
JJ Cordy Biggs
Hunter Wallis Macrae
Daniel Stringer Mclean
Dickson Redpath Picken
Campell Bont Libba

Irrespective of your oversight in naming Dickson twice, how can we continue to select a player who is struggling to get a kick? If form means anything in Bev's mantra then Dickson must do penance at Footscray until he shows something, anything?

What about this left field selection? - Roughead comes out and Campbell does almost all of the ruck work (he did last week anyway). Young comes in to play as a deep forward and does a bit of part time ruck up forward. The guy can take a mark and is improving steadily. Why not see what he can do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about this left field selection? - Roughead comes out and Campbell does almost all of the ruck work (he did last week anyway). Young comes in to play as a deep forward and does a bit of part time ruck up forward. The guy can take a mark and is improving steadily. Why not see what he can do?

Being able to take a grab at VFL level ≠ being able to take a grab vs. 2nd positioned AFL team

Hasn't young been mostly playing in the backline?

Also doubt he debuts after playing a full game 5 days ago. But the form we are in it's worth a try when it's a suitable time to try it (not off a 5 day break for a kid in his first year)
I love him, will be our chb for the next decade. Still way too raw now but im hoping for a debut this year, not this week though.

Only one place fo JJ! Full forward.l beleive Rohan Smith knows something about playing there.Learn about beating the tag and using pace to lead.Movement on the forward line would be nice.Hopefully he will compete in the air as well.Libba or Wally can run with Sloane.

I think Beveridge accidentally pointed out one of the strategies he should be employing for JJ when asked about Gaff after last week. Move him around all game - half back, wing, forward.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-01/no-lucky-escape-for-smashed-bulldogs
Beveridge was aware that West Coast's Andrew Gaff was the main Eagle causing the Bulldogs damage but he thought his influence would be diluted if the Bulldogs improved their ball use.

"He really capitalised on how we used the ball and he was in the right areas so we just felt if we could tidy our ball use up, it minimises what he is doing. It didn't turn out that way for the whole game," Beveridge said.

He said just having a player sit on Gaff was not the preferred option.

"He plays inside. He plays on the wing and forward [so] ultimately he is not anywhere long enough for you to settle something that doesn't pull you apart so that was good for them and obviously not for us," Beveridge said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back