Prediction Changes Round 8 Dogs V Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

No Sanders in an extended squad is just dumb selection.

Guessing he’s being “punished” for his outburst, but sure, let ego make the call.
I feel he’s getting a run in the twos to build that confidence back up and work on a couple of things. I’d be amazed if he wasn’t told the same thing. There’s plenty to have a crack at Bevo/the match committee at…I’m just not sure this is it.

Good luck picking the final 4 on the bench from that group. Probably only Macrae is definitely safe.

I think JOD might be an omission because the Hawks have one tall forward and he’s a 21 year old 5 gamer & a cooked Gunston.

I’ll run with Macrae, Daniel, Bramble & Baker. Gallagher sub.
Daniel just produced one of the worst individual games from any player all year. We’ve previously called out the fact we’re picking a structure rather than building for certain match ups, so I’d hate to see JOD out over Daniel

I think people are overplaying how much Garcia actually did play in the middle in the games he's played at AFL level so far this season. Maybe there'll be some minor retooling with West out but Garcia was often playing deeper forward than other small forwards in recent games. I'm not exactly even sure he'll play less or more forward than the large amounts he's already played forward.

I feel he’s getting a run in the twos to build that confidence back up and work on a couple of things. I’d be amazed if he wasn’t told the same thing. There’s plenty to have a crack at Bevo/the match committee at…I’m just not sure this is it.
I'm shocked by how people have reacted to Sanders being in the 2s. He's going fine and will be great long term but he's a first year player and doesn't provide much outside of the midfield. Libba, Treloar and Macrae will be gone in a few years but for now he's not locked in our best midfield rotations so I'd rather have him build confidence in the VFL as a pure mid, rather than having float across half forward or the wing in the seniors.

It's very rare for a mid to be Best 22 for the entirety of their debut season (yes, even Bont was dropped and sub) - especially one playing in a side with elite contested players, Will Ashcroft is probably the only recent exception. Elijah Tsatas (Pick 5) played 4 games and Finn Callaghan (Pick 3) played 5 games in their debut seasons meanwhile Sanders has already played 6 but the media and some people act like he's been given no opportunity.

I'm shocked by how people have reacted to Sanders being in the 2s. He's going fine and will be great long term but he's a first year player and doesn't provide much outside of the midfield. Libba, Treloar and Macrae will be gone in a few years but for now he's not locked in our best midfield rotations so I'd rather have him build confidence in the VFL as a pure mid, rather than having float across half forward or the wing in the seniors.

It's very rare for a mid to be Best 22 for the entirety of their debut season (yes, even Bont was dropped and sub) - especially one playing in a side with elite contested players, Will Ashcroft is probably the only recent exception. Elijah Tsatas (Pick 5) played 4 games and Finn Callaghan (Pick 3) played 5 games in their debut seasons meanwhile Sanders has already played 6 but the media and some people act like he's been given no opportunity.

I do not get why there is so much focus in the media every week on selection or no selection of certain players at the dogs. Every club needs to make changes every season on the selection of established players and how they manage new players.

Sure, bulldogs bigfooty will discuss it every week but the media make out there is something sinister happening at the dogs.

I do not get why there is so much focus in the media every week on selection or no selection of certain players at the dogs. Every club needs to make changes every season on the selection of established players and how they manage new players.

Sure, bulldogs bigfooty will discuss it every week but the media make out there is something sinister happening at the dogs.
Imagine Bevo did what Hinkley did with Rozee, some (Chad’s brother) would have said his tenure was untenable. Instead he called Hinkley a great coach and then, when pushed, great for PA.

On Garcia I think it’s just a case of who is best for the role this week given Wests suspension. I agree he should get more midfield time.

On Jones and McNeil I’m very supportive of both not being on the list for 2025 and think both are lucky to be on the list this year.

Also agree on Scott and would be happy for him to play. I think he gets unfairly lumped alongside some other duds but has generally been quite good for us.
Scott is very good utility depth. He can play a bunch of roles and generally does ok with them. I agree that he unfairly gets lumped in with others

4 headed monster will be deployed to try stretch the Hawks lack of key defenders.

Of that pine, Baker, Poulter and Lobb miss out. Gallagher or Daniel as sub, but presumably Gallagher as Daniel was sub last week

Of that pine, Baker, Poulter and Lobb miss out. Gallagher or Daniel as sub, but presumably Gallagher as Daniel was sub last week
I think Baker is a chance to play. He went OK last week, Daniel didn't.
So maybe Gallagher as sub, Daniel out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really think Gallagher needs to go back to VFL and get some leather hardly touched it last week. He looks promising and a stint in the VFL where he kills it will help his development.
Agree but I reckon with West and Cody out he stays in for this week. Rightly or wrongly

I would hope last weeks vfl game isn’t being used for selection this week given they were playing a bunch of literal school kids.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They're probably a better team than the worst of the standalone teams in the VFL

I noticed that in our press release for the team, we didn't list the interchange in alphabetical order (we normally do).

INT: James O’Donnell, Jack Macrae, Lachie Bramble, Harvey Gallagher, Oskar Baker, Rory Lobb, Caleb Poulter, Caleb Daniel

Lobb, Poulter and Daniel are the last 3 listed and are all good chances to be the emergencies. I guess we'll find out in an hour.

I noticed that in our press release for the team, we didn't list the interchange in alphabetical order (we normally do).

INT: James O’Donnell, Jack Macrae, Lachie Bramble, Harvey Gallagher, Oskar Baker, Rory Lobb, Caleb Poulter, Caleb Daniel

Lobb, Poulter and Daniel are the last 3 listed and are all good chances to be the emergencies. I guess we'll find out in an hour.
Well spotted!

Spot on it seems.

Bramble to be sub this week? I guess he was likely to be last week before the late change.

Gallagher probably saved by both West & Weightman out but boy he really should not be playing this week.

Out: West, Weightman, Lobb, Daniel
In: Clarke, Baker, Ugle-Hagan, Liberatore

Sub: Bramble

Khamis incredibly lucky.
First time for everything I guess.

Prepare to lose everyone :moustache:

Whilst I can agree with you to some extent, there has rarely been consistency in selections when it comes to Bevo since his time in charge.

Gallagher has had a very poor fortnight, why hasn’t he been sent back to work on some things?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back