Channel 7 Broadcast

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Are we allowed to talk about this?

What they are dishing up for our great game is just not acceptable.

The camera work, the commentary, the lack or replays, the lack of analysis is just sub standard when you compare to overseas sports and leagues like the EPL and NFL.

The Geelong vs WC match on friday night was the perfect example. The lack or replays was killing me. There were so many contentious points that required another look and I was left there hanging time and again. The expert analysis provides nothing more than regurgitating what the commentators have already said.

It's time we stood up and voiced our opinion. Who's with me?

Are we allowed to talk about this?

What they are dishing up for our great game is just not acceptable.

The camera work, the commentary, the lack or replays, the lack of analysis is just sub standard when you compare to overseas sports and leagues like the EPL and NFL.

The Geelong vs WC match on friday night was the perfect example. The lack or replays was killing me. There were so many contentious points that required another look and I was left there hanging time and again. The expert analysis provides nothing more than regurgitating what the commentators have already said.

It's time we stood up and voiced our opinion. Who's with me?
Nope. If you do you will be silenced one way or another

It's a catch 22 RE replays - if they show too many people complain about them not seeing the game. I didn't get a chance to watch the game last night but some matches may be more susceptible to more/less replays depending on the amount of dead time there is (ball out of bounds etc). Obviously if there's not much of it there's not much time for replays.

No lack of replays in the Melbourne game, showed riewoldt's knee injury a thousand times and spoke about it for most of the day. That Basil goose is horrible!
They talked about it so much because there was nothing else to talk about. You can't blame the commentators for Melbourne being so boring.

The coverage is great. We just finally got the long awaited interview between Nick Maxwell and Will Ferrell! Stimulating!

It just sunk to a new low with Will Ferrell being interviewed by Nick Maxwell at the Lexus Centre, that was painful.

I know Will is just trying to promote his new movie but he needs to get a new manager, he is ruining his reputation by getting dragged into s**t like this and the 7pm Project.

Also loved the professionalism of BT complaining about Will Ferrell being difficult to deal with. He probably just didn't appreciated being sat in a room with Nick Maxwell and Alex freakin' Fasolo! Haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They talked about it so much because there was nothing else to talk about. You can't blame the commentators for Melbourne being so boring.
yep. Got to the point where spud frawley on MMM even apologized for the boring broadcast as there was nothing exciting happening.

or they could just call the game as it is happening

I know yeah, imagine them doing their jobs. Doesn't help when these ****wits believe they can be showmen and comedians. Shut the **** up you egotistical ****s and call the game.

It just sunk to a new low with Will Ferrell being interviewed by Nick Maxwell at the Lexus Centre, that was painful.

I know Will is just trying to promote his new movie but he needs to get a new manager, he is ruining his reputation by getting dragged into s**t like this and the 7pm Project.
Westpac Centre, not that hard to get it right... ;)

I can handle the occasional neck-breaking camera glitch if DJ Dennis and Special are in the box. As a thugby league caller, BT would be a good second rater. He's unprofessional, distracting and a try-hard.

Option 1 - digital radio call
Option 2 - yourTunes
Option 3 - give rupees to Rupert

Remove this Banner Ad

Back