Charter underwrote bought peptides were not for human use

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG we are way over the bridge already.
And do you expect the receipts would be made out in big letters "ESSENDON FOOTBALL CLUB - but don't tell anyone!"
You obviously have not been exposed to the illegal drug world or criminality of any kind. Heck, naivety is kind of cute.
The naivety is astounding. Every day cases are proved beyond reasonable doubt for trafficking of narcotics. People using burner phones, street names for dealers, a supply chain of people who have never met eachother lest even know their names, code names for drugs. They don't have a barcode on them. We're talking beyond reasonable doubt convictions against people talking about 'Molly' and "H.'

Absolutely dreaming if you think you can't get comfortable satisfaction for use of a substance where the supplier only makes it, you've got the guy who distributed it, you've got the players saying they did in writing, you've got the idiot saying he used it on national television, you've got everyone talking about it by name on their own damned telephones...

Absolutely dreaming.

this caught my eye:

Mr Charter met his lawyers this week to discuss whether appearing as a witness in the ASADA case would put him at risk of self-incrimination. The current criminal proceedings against him, the result of a sting operation last year by Victoria Police detectives from the anti-gangland Purana taskforce, are not related to the Essendon case.

do you reckon his lawyers were saying to him "yeah nah it's cool mate, go for it?"

I don't

this caught my eye:

Mr Charter met his lawyers this week to discuss whether appearing as a witness in the ASADA case would put him at risk of self-incrimination. The current criminal proceedings against him, the result of a sting operation last year by Victoria Police detectives from the anti-gangland Purana taskforce, are not related to the Essendon case.

do you reckon his lawyers were saying to him "yeah nah it's cool mate, go for it?"

I don't
I would've thought they'd advise him of the risks, then he can decide.

this caught my eye:

I don't
They'll declare him a hostile witness and produce his sworn affidavit. That would be sufficient in this case. Happens all the time in criminal law and doesn't often affect the verdict.

Off topic, but what is going on in the comments in that article?

Is there an regulation that all commenters on articles in The Australian be named Allan? Now they've started replying to each other so all I'm seeing is comments starting:

Maybe it's this guy:

342567.jpg

Apologies for the quality of movie referenced.

this caught my eye:

I don't

Lance,

If Purana and the ASADA case are unrelatd then Charters is unlikely to self-incriminate. I imagine that counsel for ASADA would be advised, and possibly agree, to not going outside the EFC inquiry.

Regards

S. Pete

Lance,

If Purana and the ASADA case are unrelatd then Charters is unlikely to self-incriminate. I imagine that counsel for ASADA would be advised, and possibly agree, to not going outside the EFC inquiry.

Regards

S. Pete

I think the issue would be more likely to come in cross-exam though by the player's lawyer. I personally can't see why Charters would agree to attend and give evidence. There is no power of the AFL Tribunal to require attendance so I think its unlikely he would just volunteer to go and give evidence when he doesnt have to.

I wonder if Essendon have been able to produce an invoice for the good thymosin?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No records but they know they didn't inject anything illegal or harmful.

If it wasn't so serious it would be comical
It appears to me that the biggest holes in this case lie in the Essendon defence, not the ASADA claims.

In fact, I'm not sure Essendon can claim that they have anything that resembles a defence other than a blank excel spreadsheet and a dodgy photo.

Lance,

Regards

S. Pete
I am not convinced you can be so sure on your first sentence.

And once again, no reason given why he would want to do it. He may have a few other matters taking up his time.

Anyway, I guess we'll see soon. If he does and I'm wrong so be it. I just don't think I will be

I think the issue would be more likely to come in cross-exam though by the player's lawyer. I personally can't see why Charters would agree to attend and give evidence. There is no power of the AFL Tribunal to require attendance so I think its unlikely he would just volunteer to go and give evidence when he doesnt have to.
people keep overlooking this. There's no reason why he would. He doesn't have to. It's not like he's lying on a beach, he does have a few things going on at the moment that might take precedence

people keep overlooking this. There's no reason why he would. He doesn't have to. It's not like he's lying on a beach, he does have a few things going on at the moment that might take precedence

He did not have to speak to them to begin with, he would have known he was on ACC's radar.It is not as black & white as you think.There are reasons why he would , you have been told there are , you don't want to believe them fine but they are still reasons why he would.

Lance,

Regards

S. Pete
Exactly. It's not illegal to import this substance ( I stand to be corrected) he signed documentation to say it wasnt for human use. What happens after he on sells it really is not his responsibility.

Where is his criminal liability in this?

Exactly. It's not illegal to import this substance ( I stand to be corrected) he signed documentation to say it want for human use. What happens after he on sells it really is not his responsibility.

Where is his liability in this?
Wasn't Dank doing "research"?

He did not have to speak to them to begin with, he would have known he was on ACC's radar.It is not as black & white as you think.There are reasons why he would , you have been told there are , you don't want to believe them fine but they are still reasons why he would.
Agree there are reasons he would. Depends a lot on what else he is into.

But as you said too, I don't think it is a black and white answer from either side.

Wait and see I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back