Cheap bench cover options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prob bit early for this thread.
Surley after the byes when alot of teams are ready or almost ready we can look at cheap bench cover players to fill in for injurys lateouts or loopholes.
I dont mean pure rookies i mean guys in the clubs best 22 with soild JS someone like dill Buckey at hes price would be an example.
Players to lookout for normally are guys in the clubs best 24/25 with some injurys get some good js these type of players have played some sub games/been sub risks but after some injurys will play full games.
Quiet a few guys last year had mav weller who scored ok for hes price.

Not at all. I only have 12 trades left and need to cull maxed rookies ;)
Wowee Its a race out of you JM and Asho who will end up on zero first:p.
Its been a horror year with injurys the reason i made this thread look some cheap guys to cover injurys or backup when there's no trades left.

Had a bit a peek a boo at some players.
J Kelly Gws would be alright if he could full games at 266k ish.
I've had my eye on this little hard body for a while now - but he just can't shake the green vest!
taylor_swift_3_by_lighteroflight-d834ylr.gif

J Kelly Gws would be alright if he could full games at 266k ish.

I'm seriously considering a straight swap price wise Krak > Josh Kelly next week. After this round he will have played 8 from 10 games. Absolutely dominated in the 2 ressie games he played. Too good to leave out & too good to be the sub/get subbed every week. Surely he will start getting full games sooner than later? I will go as far as to say, that if he were to start playing full games from here on, he would average 80+ for the remainder of the season. His non sub affected scores are 76, 94 & 95

Last edited:
Another cheap bench option to consider in Rd13 is Heeney. 234k will bottom out at 200k due to his injury score. So Rd14-15 might be the best time to get him in (or back in) Should be good for 70-75 points per week at least.

I'm seriously considering a straight swap price wise Krak > Josh Kelly next week. After this round he will have played 8 from 10 games. Absolutely dominated in the 2 ressie games he played. Too good to leave out & too good to be the sub/get subbed every week. Surely he will start getting full games sooner than later? I will go as far as to say, that if he were to start playing full games from here on, he would average 80+ for the remainder of the season. His non sub affected scores are 76, 94 & 95

Woohoo! Kelly avoided the green vest. Needs a big game today and not be red vested which will hopefully see him shed the dreaded vest from here on.

Woohoo! Kelly avoided the green vest. Needs a big game today and not be red vested which will hopefully see him shed the dreaded vest from here on.
yes a good game but not too good;).
I'm thinking about keeping rocky and get someone like Kelly to cover in the mids.
What your thoughts on D.Buckey still a vest risk? like the way he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes a good game but not too good;).
I'm thinking about keeping rocky and get someone like Kelly to cover in the mids.
What your thoughts on D.Buckey still a vest risk? like the way he plays.

I don't rate Buckley at all. Is a VFL standard spud IMO

I'll be looking at Ryder as a F7/R3, assuming he keeps dropping
BE of 128 atm, a few more scores in the 60s and he could be at 350k

Lycett the other option if he starts getting games again

I'll be looking at Ryder as a F7/R3, assuming he keeps dropping
BE of 128 atm, a few more scores in the 60s and he could be at 350k

Lycett the other option if he starts getting games again

Ryder will be a luxury trade later on, not sure Lycett will be worthwhile though. I didn't like him at the start of the year, and now it seems even Sinclair is favoured ahead of him.

Ryder will be a luxury trade later on, not sure Lycett will be worthwhile though. I didn't like him at the start of the year, and now it seems even Sinclair is favoured ahead of him.

The way Sinclair has improved since coming back in, I'd say Lycett is going to be starring for East Perth for a while..

Awesome, traded in Sinclair a couple rounds back for cover and have been very happy since.

Awesome, traded in Sinclair a couple rounds back for cover and have been very happy since.

Decided, gonna keep Rocky and trade Bonts.

So have gone Bonts to McLovin (and will swing into DEF when I can) and Touk Miller via Krak's DPP for......

Wait for it.......

West Coasts Callum Sinclair.

Also gives me ruck cover for the foreseeable future. *fingers crossed*

How many rds between Friday and today? o_O

How many rds between Friday and today? o_O
Ha ha. Been trading like a mad man so I forget when. Don't know why I thought I'd had him for 2. :drunk:

Maybe I'm just hoping that I get through Bye round 1 as happy as I am at the moment!

Still happy. ;)

Corey Ellis from Richmond is one I'm looking at. Appears to have JS given he's played the last month, just needs to shake the vest although he has progressed from Red to Green and scored 71 before being subbed off. 155k and a Round 11 Bye appeals.

Anyone know what Max Gawns JS is like? Is he clearly ahead of Spencer and Jamar? 90 points in his first game on the weekend and a handy Ruck/Forward at approx 330K..

Would be a risk but thinking TBC>Gawn especially if TBC gets dropped.. Any Melbourne supporters thoughts on Gawn's outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back