Hot Topic Chicken Little thread - 2024 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

The sanctimonious thread title every year is honestly hilarious.

This club is a joke, we have not been relevant for 25 years and every other club is laughing at us.

We have our most talented list since 1995 and we are pissing it away.

Call me ‘chicken little’ all you want but when we are all scouring the draft in. 2026, I’ll be saying I told you so.

We are like bitcoin all costly and smug. But gee there are highs and lows and when you jump on it collapses and like bitcoin we dont seem to go anywhere.

We are like bitcoin all costly and smug. But gee there are highs and lows and when you jump on it collapses and like bitcoin we dont seem to go anywhere.
What highs?
Beating a Geelong team that were more hungover than a bloke getting married the next week?

Or beating an Eagles team that would struggle to compete with Claremont?

We are a rabble.

The club us a boys club group rots from the top down. Rots from within each and every pore of the princess park staduim. This club isnt going anywhere. The fact they were arrogant to get rid of Teague as they werevgetting clarkson or Lyon. Clarkson said no lyon said f u after the disrespect shown. Boys club going no where fast

What highs?
Beating a Geelong team that were more hungover than a bloke getting married the next week?

Or beating an Eagles team that would struggle to compete with Claremont?

We are a rabble.
Bit coins been around for a few years not just referring to this year

Call me ‘chicken little’ all you want but when we are all scouring the draft in. 2026, I’ll be saying I told you so.
.I got laughed at for saying the same thing in very early 2012. I don't think it's a horrible take

I think this list is in a make it or break it window

Unless Weiters injury is more serious than strapping it up and letting him go back on then it's unlikely that we'll be any healthier than we will be next week. So that old excuse doesn't cut it anymore.

If we piss away this year then it will really only take one more wasted year after it for you to be spot on.

I wish our highs were as high as Bitcoin and not just false dawns.

It's given me hope that our Tassie team will be ok. We won't have the million dollar name stars but what we will have is players who bust their guts each week for the jumper, that I'm hopeful and almost sure of.

Last night reeked of players who found it too hard. Our big name players didn't lift. Led by our captain.

I love Carlton but geez sometimes it's hard.

It's given me hope that our Tassie team will be ok. We won't have the million dollar name stars but what we will have is players who bust their guts each week for the jumper, that I'm hopeful and almost sure of.

Last night reeked of players who found it too hard. Our big name players didn't lift. Led by our captain.

I love Carlton but geez sometimes it's hard.
Cripps is the worst captain in the AFL and it’s not even close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've resigned myself - only very recently - to the fact that I'll never see another competitive Carlton team before I die. I'll be lucky to see us play a final. I definitely won't ever live long enough to see us win another flag. It should be noted also that I'm not old or near my death bed. Carlton will just never be a force to be reckoned with ever again. Ever. In the history of life. To infinity and beyond.

I've given up on football. Losses now mean nothing to me. They don't hurt. I just don't care anymore. Football isn't fun. I derive no joy from it. I've been hollowed out from within. A soulless corpse of a man, with no petrol left in the tank for any form of football or Carlton related enthusiasm.

Win the next 6 to the bye is what I'd like to see

Based on the last month, I see us going 2 4 and possibly 1 5
It would be massive crisis times in the club. Its a scary reality. 1-5. Ikon Park would be burnt to the ground.

This team is sucking every ounce of patience and hope left in me. Need to go undefeated from here until the bye or else its close to being over.

This team is sucking every ounce of patience and hope left in me. Need to go undefeated from here until the bye or else its close to being over.
That just isn't going to happen. Don't torment yourself.

Broken down slowly over 20 odd years. False dawns and dumb stupid recruitments across the board.

This is now my happy resting place.
Sleep Reaction GIF by Brookfield Zoo
Nice…
I have created my own Happy Gilmore happy place, different characters but metaphorically same same…
You’ll be glad to know amongst a funny bunch characters it also has a unicorn…🦄
I’ve popped out quickly for the WindyHill mob loss heading back in here until next Saturday 👍

.I got laughed at for saying the same thing in very early 2012. I don't think it's a horrible take

I think this list is in a make it or break it window

Unless Weiters injury is more serious than strapping it up and letting him go back on then it's unlikely that we'll be any healthier than we will be next week. So that old excuse doesn't cut it anymore.

If we piss away this year then it will really only take one more wasted year after it for you to be spot on.

Yep. Love to look back at the mud slinging over the last 10 years here for being 'chicken littles'. Plenty of the 'old guard' here have proven time and time again to know incredibly little.

Sure, be overly optimistic if you like. Blindly supporting every decision of the clown show football club, if that's your thing. But perhaps don't get so pissy if people highlight the barn door negatives over the journey.

Looks like the chicken littles were right...

Yep. Love to look back at the mud slinging over the last 10 years here for being 'chicken littles'. Plenty of the 'old guard' here have proven time and time again to know incredibly little.

Sure, be overly optimistic if you like. Blindly supporting every decision of the clown show football club, if that's your thing. But perhaps don't get so pissy if people highlight the barn door negatives over the journey.

Looks like the chicken littles were right...
so true - even the optimists need to understand that it's a supporters right to vent and give up on the club - I personally believe we are on the right track

Remove this Banner Ad

Back