Game Day Around the Grounds - Community Series Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Nbc Smells Bad GIF by Good Girls

As both clubs are cash strapped and struggle with supporter numbers, maybe when Tassie come in these 2 clubs could play the last practice match every season. Winner stays in the comp as team 18 and loser sits out the season. Would make for a exciting game and Jimmy Webster mightn't be looking at such a long suspension.

☺️

I'm going to be interested in how he goes, purely from a Ross Lyon perspective.

Lyon has a reputation as an excellent motivator, able to get your list all pulling together and getting buy-in from the players as to what they're trying to do. It certainly looks like he's had an affect on Fish, who is hunting the loose ball and opposition players above a preseason level.

However...

Footy's a marathon, not a sprint. We've seen players at the Aints come out of the blocks in previous seasons - Membrey, Baker, Ross, Higgins - only to drop away the deeper into the season. Fish has always had this level in him and he's not performed above a level he's reached in our jumper today. His issue was always in sustaining consistency between weeks.

If Ross is actually interested in coaching - as in, this isn't a payday to extend his retirement savings - then there's a good chance Fish'll stay up.

It'll be interesting watching no matter what, really.

Lyon has a reputation as an excellent motivator, able to get your list all pulling together and getting buy-in from the players as to what they're trying to do. It certainly looks like he's had an affect on Fish, who is hunting the loose ball and opposition players above a preseason level.

However...

Footy's a marathon, not a sprint. We've seen players at the Aints come out of the blocks in previous seasons - Membrey, Baker, Ross, Higgins - only to drop away the deeper into the season. Fish has always had this level in him and he's not performed above a level he's reached in our jumper today. His issue was always in sustaining consistency between weeks.

If Ross is actually interested in coaching - as in, this isn't a payday to extend his retirement savings - then there's a good chance Fish'll stay up.

What if I told you Fish was traded to the other irrelevant club ;)

However...

Fish plays for Norf :p

If the AFL is serious about concussion and head trauma, that act should be a minimum of 8 weeks, with an education program in a head trauma unit
Its the dumbest and weakest act I have seen on a football field in a very long time. The punishment MUST be severe irrespective of his prior record (and I dont even know what it is).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some commentary carries less authenticity than others:

“Once again, that vulnerable state where you’ve got rid of the ball and think the game’s going to protect you and you get that hit late,” Hawks premiership winner Jordan Lewis said.

Mrs Dirty, a dyed in the wool Ainter, has declared it's 16 weeks minimum!
Too much already on the table with all the CTE evidence, throw in the Powell-Pepper moment he was warned. Two hundred and fifty years ago he was transported for life!!!!!
Either the AFL are serious or they're full of sh@%$

Punching Crippa from behind when he wasn't looking and the ball was no where to be seen and breaking his jaw surely passes as a pot, kettle black moment for that sniper.

Actually just rewatched the vision and it wasnt from behind but it certainly was not during a football contest and Crippa wasnt expecting to be punched in jaw!!!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back