Game Day Around The Grounds - 2nd Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Both GWS and Pies play a turnover-driven offensive game - interested to see how they’ll go against a team (like us) that prefers a contested front half style of footy. I know we played them in R23, but have a feeling we just cruised through that with a lower than usual intensity.

We belted the Pies with this style (with a second string midfield) and basically broke Port; they haven’t been the same since that earlier clash.

Both GWS and Pies play a turnover-driven offensive game - interested to see how they’ll go against a team (like us) that prefers a contested front half style of footy. I know we played them in R23, but have a feeling we just cruised through that with a lower than usual intensity.

We belted the Pies with this style (with a second string midfield) and basically broke Port; they haven’t been the same since that earlier clash.
GWS contest game has been very strong last few weeks. They won’t be easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing for sure is that the giants played the Tigers on a break. Cleaned them out of draft picks for Taranto & Hopper knowing that they had the likes of Tom Greene and Finn Callahan that were better and that they had to give game time to.

When we were floating the first-rounder for Cerra, I was really hoping we'd offer a future first as well and try to pry Tom Green from the Giants (stoked with how Cerra has turned out). What an absolute beast Green is.

Both Pies and Giants lists lined up, I'm taking Green first. Green will pound them next week and the Pies' softness in the middle will be exposed again.

When we were floating the first-rounder for Cerra, I was really hoping we'd offer a future first as well and try to pry Tom Green from the Giants (stoked with how Cerra has turned out). What an absolute beast Green is.

Both Pies and Giants lists lined up, I'm taking Green first. Green will pound them next week and the Pies' softness in the middle will be exposed again.
He’s Crippa 2.0 - massive, scary good & only 22

GWS are very good. They stack up in both contest and turnover - that’s a recipe for success.
Yes. Just saying ferocity and intensity in opposition hasn't really been tested with them yet. I enjoy their game.
Bring it on if it's us. Good to watch if not.

Bang up effort Swampies, you guys have got the finals choke down pat.

Then you have old Kenny busy shoring up his contract in the middle of August, after he’s dumped his captain.

Then he’s supposedly told Boak, the spiritual leader, he’s finished at the end of the year.

Then he brings back car enthusiast, moon boot wearer & occasional footballer in Dixon.

Then he dumps Finlayson to the sub bench….

Been quite a month down at Alberton.😎👍

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back