Costanza_

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
We have a tendency in this country to ‘pick favourites’ and inflate the hell out of them while largely ignoring the more impressive exploits of their rivals. As a parochial nation this is typically done along patriotic lines. Often these are people that perform satisfactorily in their chosen arena but never reach any dizzying heights compared to the real stars of their field. Greg Norman comes to mind – a solid golfer who won a lot of minor tournaments but walked away with just two Majors. Yet the Australian media reveres him as a sporting God and gives him as much coverage as the likes of Tiger Woods. Rove McManus is another. A painfully unfunny twit who is the darling of the nation and gets handed accolade after accolade on the back of a few inane observations and a concerted facial expression.

But far and away the Lord of the over-hyped jungle is one Nicole Mary Kidman. A moderately attractive red-head with the mental capacity of a barstool who has fumbled and fluffed her way through a slew of two-star movies to become the undisputed Queen of Australian entertainment. ‘Our Nic’ is one of the most mediocre actresses on the world stage yet we revere her as if she’d cured HIV, world hunger and erectile dysfunction in one fell swoop. Kidman defines ‘over hyped’ to such an extent that I propose this phenomenon be known as the ‘Nicole Kidman Effect’ (NKE).

This brings me to Chris Judd. The former Eagle turned mercenary soldier is the AFL’s greatest beneficiary of the NKE. A solid player (hell – a good player) who would arguably be in the top 50 current players yet commands; more praise from commentators; more front page fluff pieces; more undeserved plaudits; and more hype than any other player in the comp. Why just today, on our very own Bay of Thirteen, I saw a slack-jawed Tank fan trying to pass Juddy off as the leagues “best pack mark”!

The buzz created by every cheap possession this soulless crook gathers defies belief. I’ve listed some working examples below for the slow among you;

Miscued kick that fortuitously lands in the vicinity of a team mate + NKE = A masterful piece of footwork

Average game on a losing Grand Final side + NKE = Norm Smith medal

Disgraceful show of disloyalty and villainy by leaving his club + NKE = Gifted the captaincy of one of the biggest sporting clubs in the country

Mild interest in gardening + NKE = Environmental warrior

Baffling.

spot on. whatever he does always gets put in a positive light.

if he ever misses a target, its always because he was under so much pressure (despite being 15m away from an opponent)

Ablett is the same.

nothing we can do about it though, get on with life

"Uncharacteristic turnover by Judd"

The most overused expression in footy commentary. If it were so uncharacteristic, it wouldn't happen 5 times a week.

His skills are no better than Jobe Watson. The Norm Smith medal was a disgrace - he butchered the ball that day. Buchanon was robbed. If only his missus had better **** and a coke nose.

A hook nose, beady eyes and a hideous head of hair + NKE = A dashing, svelte A-Lister

Judd with a thinly-veiled card trick + NKE = Merlin reborn

all the good players get overhyped on occasions. Ablett does something, its a brilliant work of art. Then ...a 3rd tier player does the same thing you dont hear about it from commentators. Happens often with top players not only Judd.

The most overused expression in footy commentary. If it were so uncharacteristic, it wouldn't happen 5 times a week.

His skills are no better than Jobe Watson. The Norm Smith medal was a disgrace - he butchered the ball that day. Buchanon was robbed. If only his missus had better **** and a coke nose.

This is true.

I also love how if he kicks a goal on the run it is a contender for goal of the year. People kick goals on the run that are identical to Judd's all the time but they never get on that shitty saturday specials show andy maher does on channel 10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greg Norman comes to mind – a solid golfer who won a lot of minor tournaments but walked away with just one Major. Yet the Australian media reveres him as a sporting God and gives him as much coverage as the likes of Tiger Woods.

He is a sporting God brother. Unlike your football team, people would come from everywhere to see him play. He actually won 2 majors as well, good to see you've done your research. Go and shout yourself an ice cream, flog.

Brilliant post. Spot on the mark and very funny.

Would have thought the brownlow is already in the bag for him. Imagine Gary Jnr is not happy about it.

Last years there were 25 midfielders that had the same or more possessions than he did, I think 3 at Carlton alone, yet Fev on 99 goals missed the B&F as did the other mids and Judd walked away as Captain of the AA team.

It beggars belief.

Judd hand ball that misses the man + NKE = Player didn't run to the right spot.

Judd shot on goal that slews off the side of his boot and marked by Carlton player + NKE = Judd has exceptional vision and sublime skills.

Judd shot on goal that slews off the side of his boot and marked by opposition player + NKE = Carlton player didn't run to the right spot.

Judd picks up easy loose ball from defence runs 30m then a sloppy 30m kick that results in a 50/50 ball up + NKE = brilliant play by Judd gains 60m for his team

His skills are no better than Jobe Watson
. The Norm Smith medal was a disgrace - he butchered the ball that day. Buchanon was robbed. If only his missus had better **** and a coke nose.

I can put up with s**t, but come ONN!

Judd is the best midfielder in the league and he doesnt cry when he loses eg Gary 'I dont sob quietly' Ablett.

I can put up with s**t, but come ONN!

Judd is the best midfielder in the league and he doesnt cry when he loses eg Gary 'I dont sob quietly' Ablett.

Carlton jumper + NKE = Chronic masturbation

rfCARL4_gallery__300x400.jpg

Too bad he shaves them off, DoucheMissile...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back