Collingwood’s Josh Thomas, Lachie Keeffe accept two-year bans for taking banned drug clenbuterol

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd hate to imagine Carowhine's reaction if the players used the tainted cocaine excuse! I cannot believe anyone could consider this would actually have any hope of reducing a suspension. Purchasing from an unknown manufacturer, random dealer and not knowing what you're taking - that's as bad as actually cheating.
It's a real pity for the pair of them that they have tested positive, otherwise they might have been able to just play dumb in the face of an investigation like another bunch of players we all know.

This little theory didn't work for Alberto Contador and he hasn't been the same rider since ...

Don't know about that. 2013 was a bit all over the place, but winning the Vuelta (including 2 stages) last year, coming off a serious injury and minimal training/racing, was impressive. He also finished second in the season-long World Tour competition, not that far behind Valverde, but quite a way ahead of third - our very own S Gerrans.

Still the best grand tour rider around IMHO, Clenbuterol notwithstanding. Interesting season ahead.

On the other hand, I suspect that the way it got into his system, and the way it got into the Collingwood pair, might be quite different, cough, cough.

As I sit here in Belfast happily drinking pints two doors up from the site of one of Stevie "Top Gun" McKeag's most vile massacres, blackcat I can only speculate at the forlorn figure Robbo will cut in the Men's Gallery tomorrow night, stabbing out the sad news of his beloved Bombers having been labelled forever more the greatest cheats in the history of the game.

No endless drink card, nor the gently swaying assets of a girl from Keysborough "called" Krystal will assauge his pain.

Poor Robbo. He's the biggest victim in this all.

Been SO BRAVE.

#standbyrobbo
He cut a sorry figure last night on 360. He's lost a lot of weight by the look of it.

He cut a sorry figure last night on 360. He's lost a lot of weight by the look of it.
He'll find it, don't worry.

Buckley, who admitted the club had gone through its nutrition program “with a fine-tooth cone” following the positive sample revelations, said Keeffe and Thomas were best mates and roomed together in New Zealand during the club’s overseas summer camp.
Nathan Buckley on AFL 360

That's the problem right there Bucks. More combs, fewer cones.

The sample was taken on the Monday. They flew home from NZ on the Saturday I believe. Drug stays in system for about 4 days. They'd had to have consumed something tainted no earlier than Friday to be plausible. I'd think the concentrations used in cattle in NZ are very low and the likelihood of that showing up 3-4 days later is a massive longshot.

We too don't know the levels that they tested to. Tainted meat shouldn't see a spike above a certain level, if they are above that then his luck to them working at the local service station.

if drugs stay in the system for 4 days or so, & the substance wasn't in the meat, it still don't make much sense - wouldn't they still have to have sourced the drug out of australia & in New Zealand, & have to have known some dodgy locals while on a footy trip ?

If they took some random party drug and this is their excuse then this is a pathetic excuse and they would cop maximum bans.
Yep, pathetic if that is the excuse they use. But no more pathetic than 'our players were duped by a loose cannon named Dank who was hired by the club and went rogue'. One of many pathetic excuses put out by EFC supporters to excuse the club, the players and their most loved Hird. Desperate people come up with pathetic excuses I guess.

And to the people gloating about positive samples you might want to remember that the only difference between someone that has taken PEDs and returned a positive sample versus someone that hasn't is that the person with a positive sample doesn't need 2 years of investigation to establish their guilt/innocence. If the Essendon players had tested positive they would all be back and playing this year.
And that they have been unlucky and/or didn't plan their timing as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, pathetic if that is the excuse they use. But no more pathetic than 'our players were duped by a loose cannon named Dank who was hired by the club and went rogue'. One of many pathetic excuses put out by EFC supporters to excuse the club, the players and their most loved Hird. Desperate people come up with pathetic excuses I guess.
To be fair to the EFC and the rogue defence, the text messages show Dank regularly checked in with at least one member of the staff about what he was doing.. Wait, what was my point again?

lets say the clem was used to cut some coke

it wouldnt be cut overseas you would think(?) if its imported it would be cut here to bulk weight so i cant see coke being cut overseas then shipped here creating a heavier bigger parcel (but this could be wrong, as i dont import drugs)

so, if it was clem in coke and they had a night on the sniffy powder would the coke show up in the same test (the one that recorded a positive for the clem)?
lets say yes it does, so, whats the code say about testing positive to coke for the first time?
is it strike one and its kept quiet?
but seeing as the coke was cut with a PED, that is announced straight away??
tested + for coke and PED
recreation drug isnt announced
the PED drug is

?
just thinking aloud
Coke banned on match day, but not off? I think. But asada would know that there was cocaine present. And like the essendon players, I wonder what the two boys wrote on their signed test form as to what substances theyd taken in previous 7 days?

Poor Bastards, I reckon the meat story is true.

Contaminated ice creams at the Lexus Centre cafe?

822387-6fe00378-63a0-11e3-be16-1445237cc09f.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back