List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Teakle might be trialing forward but he is as much a forward at AFL level as Begg
Eyre is only a chance as a defender given his trampoline hands
Hopefully we have a replacement tall forward in the works somewhere

Teakle might be trialing forward but he is as much a forward at AFL level as Begg
MSD then maybe.
But otherwise, seems we'll look to promote from within.

1st rounder and sweetener for Bailey Smith covers the midfield and any players that might drop off with Macrea and Allan to press.

Big big big offer for RFA Todd Marshall to avoid giving up picks, just turned 25, 198cm, almost 2 goal ave, would be the perfect pick up.

That would round us out providing Dean or Eyre comes good as a key defender to cover Howe if he drops off or if we lose Murphy.

1st rounder and sweetener for Bailey Smith covers the midfield and any players that might drop off with Macrea and Allan to press.

Big big big offer for RFA Todd Marshall to avoid giving up picks, just turned 25, 198cm, almost 2 goal ave, would be the perfect pick up.

That would round us out providing Dean or Eyre comes good as a key defender to cover Howe if he drops off or if we lose Murphy.
it would have to be a future 1st, given we gave our 1st to freo.
I reckon this is howe's last year. Possibly might get 1 more retirement from one of the mids. Could pendles step away with 400 games with or without another flag? Possibly.

I don’t see what Marshall offers that AJ doesn’t. He doesn’t take contested marks or split packs.

Neither is a key forward.
He's closer to McStay than Johhno will ever be, anyway highly unlikely to happen, but McStay will be 30 when he gets back so unless Krueger somehow overcomes his own body we'll need to make plans for that position, but I doubt it's anyone currently on our list, Ash is a perfect 3rd for mine.

He's closer to McStay than Johhno will ever be, anyway highly unlikely to happen, but McStay will be 30 when he gets back so unless Krueger somehow overcomes his own body we'll need to make plans for that position, but I doubt it's anyone currently on our list, Ash is a perfect 3rd for mine.

Well a “big, big, big offer” for Marshall would not only be madness, but fly in the face of everything Wright has done since arriving back at Collingwood.

Well a “big, big, big offer” for Marshall would not only be madness, but fly in the face of everything Wright has done since arriving back at Collingwood.
They are all big these days, god the whining over a paltry 600K for McStay and all I heard was what a spud he is, but we don't win the Melbourne final or the GWS final without him, so yeah opinions are opinions but Marshall averages more marks, more disposals and more goals than McStay, he's taller, he's younger and about to hit his prime. He'll probably come home one day but I doubt he leaves now, port are in their window.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not for me to decide.

giphy.gif

The club would look at how much they'd have to offer to avoid going to the negotiating table and then they would decide if it was worth it or not, pretty simple really but I'm not privy to how much that would be, they don't consult me as often as I would like.

ps little Tommy Scientology always looks confused to me but on the sliver screen you can't deny he is the cruise missile.

Last edited:
Eyre doesn’t have trampoline hands. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

I wouldn’t say we’d throw a big, big, big offer to Marshall, but it’s likely that we’d need to give an offer that triggered band 1 as a minimum to have a chance to avoid Port matching.

I wouldn’t say we’d throw a big, big, big offer to Marshall, but it’s likely that we’d need to give an offer that triggered band 1 as a minimum to have a chance to avoid Port matching.
Which is obviously all I meant, you can't pry them away for peanuts if they're any good and RFA.

Yes he does. Your wrong.
POSITION: Key Forward/Tall Utility

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “An athletic key forward tied to Essendon’s Next Generation Academy; Eyre catches the eye with his size, athleticism, and booming left foot.” – Ed Pascoe

Joshua Eyre came seemingly out of nowhere last year, working into the Calder Cannons' NAB League side in Round 9 and becoming a mainstay for the team; playing back and forward, before settling in attack. Eyre really caught the eye in Calder’s come-from-behind elimination final win against Dandenong, where he notched season-high efforts for disposals (11) and goals (two). His performance was arguably the catalyst in clubs recommending him into the AFL Academy for 2020. Eyre was also added to Essendon’s Next Generation Academy (NGA) early in 2020, with his mother of Indigenous decent helping him qualify. The young Bombers supporter also got to train with Essendon alongside Calder teammate and fellow Essendon NGA member, Cody Brand. Eyre’s recent combine performance and with the exit of Joe Daniher makes the prospect of him joining the Bombers even more likely as long-term key position cover.

STRENGTHS:

• Athleticism
  • Endurance
  • Versatility
  • Marking
  • Kicking
  • Upside
IMPROVEMENTS:

• Production
  • Durability
  • Strength

When you read the rest of the blurb it seems like hammys were the big knock on him, but you can't help getting excited at that assessment! Booming left foot sounds nice for the backline.

Last edited:
Yes he does. Your wrong.
You’re*

And no I’m not. Marking was a strength as a junior and he’s had no issues as a defender. Most Essendon fans believe his issues marking as a forward were due to nerves more than a lack of ability.

He's marking has been excellent this year from his VFL games + training this pre-season. He said in an interview, that being taught by Alex Rance and basing his game off Joe Daniher, contested marking was a big focus. He has great endurance for a big man, while at essendon ran time trials at around 6:30
Hamstrings during the last few years has been his downfall, so hopefully his extra work at Pulse 8 and a program wade would have set for him, he can get those right.

Could Marshall and McStay play in the same forward line? Is it a plan to cover the possible retirement of Mihocek?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back