Key Match Ups:

Scott West v Scott Burns
Brian Harris v Anthony Rocca
Jordan McMahon/Matthew Boyd v Alan Didak
Brad Johnson v Simon Prestigiacomo/Harry O'Brien
Peter Street/Luke Darcy v Josh Fraiser/Chris Bryan
Lindsay Gilbee v Tarkyn Lockyer
Daniel Cross v Dane Swan

Scott Pendlebury could prove quite a handful for the dogs thats if he's not suspended cause I think he was reported. Also Travis Cloke is the dangerman for the Bulldogs he's been exceptional marking on the lead and overhead though he's spilled a few sitters but overall if he gets his kicking right on target he may prove the difference in the end.

I think Clement could still be out injured but I don't why Medhurst hasn't been in the team for 4 weeks I hope he comes back is it injury cause he's kicked 6 goals in 3 games including 4 in his last match so it can't be form anyone know why? Also how is Ryan Lonie holding up?

My Tip:
Collingwood 19.11.125 v 15.13.103 Western Bulldogs

Goal scorers:
  • A.Rocca 5 B.Johnson 5
  • A.Didak 3 L.Darcy 3
  • T.Cloke 3 L.Gilbee 2
Disposals:
  • S.Burns 31 S.West 34
  • D.Swan 29 D.Cross 32
  • S.Pendlebury 29 B.Johnson 24

I would like to see Goldsack get a go, maybe as a tall foward, just to stretch the bulldogs defence. Not sure why everyone thinks Toovs should be dropped, has been thrown some tough jobs, and looks like Mick wants to turn him into our no.1 tagger. Might even get the job on Johnson, who knows. Not also certain why we need to bring in two small fowards. Leon harldy tore Frankston to shreds, make him earn his spot. Could you please clarify what Pendlebury could have been reported for?

Why does everyone put Ben Johnson in their team? Clearly our worst player on the weekend.

Beacuse he is a gun player :rolleyes:

True, he has been off his best off late, but he is a quality player & one of the first picked every week!

He will bounce back sooner rather than later..

19.11?
Yeah right i only wish we could kick that straight.

More like 11.19
At least it is at Docklands, all teams kick 5% better there than the G. Some idiot journalist (can't remember his name) tried to suggest it is becasue the surface is finally soft and fluffy. Obvious drug fiend. Maybe it is because the place has a roof and less wind..... nah that couldn't be it.

Collingwood's kicking have been woeful in the past 3 weeks at goal but I am very certain it can't possibly last another week surely 21,20 & 17 behinds in consecutive weeks can't continue.

Brad Johnson is up for headbutting and may get rubbed out for a week, but he has got a clean record. If he plays I'd want O'Brien to get first crack on him.

Anthony Rocca could go haywire, when the two sides meet he always gets the better of Harris under the roof or at the 'G. I expect him to kick at least 4 goals, and a few more.

It's a battle of the key forwards, IMO.

I'd expect Rocca's game to be the difference between the two sides, particularly without Tarrant who always causes us troubles.

If Rocca kicks five or six, I don't see anything outside of a Collingwood win. The midfield is also key, we've been flogged there for quite some time, so its really up to Fraser to at least break even in the hit outs.

Should be an entertaining, high scoring encounter if recent games between the two sides are anything to go by.

I'd expect Rocca's game to be the difference between the two sides, particularly without Tarrant who always causes us troubles.

If Rocca kicks five or six, I don't see anything outside of a Collingwood win. The midfield is also key, we've been flogged there for quite some time, so its really up to Fraser to at least break even in the hit outs.

Should be an entertaining, high scoring encounter if recent games between the two sides are anything to go by.
Could be the game of the round if the Doggies find their run, and Pies find their range.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be a great game.Although the bullies play,the Telstra Dome probably better than the pies,this game could spell danger.
Although we have picked up speed and playing well at the moment,we can't afford not to kick straight or the bullies will hurts us on the scoreboard.
Just heard Eade on Sport 927,he said that johnson and West didn't get cited so they will both play.The bullies have lost Murphy but have regained hard nut Mitch hahn who is a very good player.
We have to get a lot of the ball and kick straight to win this one.

B: Harry O'Brien, Simon Prestigiacomo, Ben Johnson

HB: Rhyce Shaw, Nick Maxwell, Heath Shaw

C: Dale Thomas, S.Burns, Scott Pendlebury

HF: Tarkyn Lockyer, Travis Cloke, Alan Didak

F: Leon Davis, Anthony Rocca, Paul Medhurst

R: Josh Fraiser, Dane Swan, Shane O'Bree

I/C: Chris Bryan, Shane Wakelin, Brad Dick, Brodie Holland

OUT: Alan Toovey, Sam Iles

IN: Leon Davis, Paul Medhurst

Eme: James Clement (inj?), Tyson Goldsack, Shannon Cox

Key Match Ups:

Scott West v Scott Burns
Brian Harris v Anthony Rocca
Jordan McMahon/Matthew Boyd v Alan Didak
Brad Johnson v Simon Prestigiacomo/Harry O'Brien
Peter Street/Luke Darcy v Josh Fraiser/Chris Bryan
Lindsay Gilbee v Tarkyn Lockyer
Daniel Cross v Dane Swan

Scott Pendlebury could prove quite a handful for the dogs thats if he's not suspended cause I think he was reported. Also Travis Cloke is the dangerman for the Bulldogs he's been exceptional marking on the lead and overhead though he's spilled a few sitters but overall if he gets his kicking right on target he may prove the difference in the end.

I think Clement could still be out injured but I don't why Medhurst hasn't been in the team for 4 weeks I hope he comes back is it injury cause he's kicked 6 goals in 3 games including 4 in his last match so it can't be form anyone know why? Also how is Ryan Lonie holding up?

My Tip:
Collingwood 19.11.125 v 15.13.103 Western Bulldogs

Goal scorers:
  • A.Rocca 5 B.Johnson 5
  • A.Didak 3 L.Darcy 3
  • T.Cloke 3 L.Gilbee 2
Disposals:
  • S.Burns 31 S.West 34
  • D.Swan 29 D.Cross 32
  • S.Pendlebury 29 B.Johnson 24

Surely wakes, presti, maxy, sacks of gold and harry cant play in the same team against the dogs. They dont have any tall forwards other than darcy. I would put presti on darc and harry on johnson. It hurts me to say it but wakes will be dropped for team balance. But how good was his goal on the weekend. The celebration was awesome!!

What are the chances of Clement coming in this week?

I honestly don't see any changes for the Dogs this week, Robbins would be a big chance to come in but that's about it.

last year we dropped both presti and wakes for this game

so i dont think both will play this time either, may give presti a week off to get over his niggles

wakes can take darcy when he plays down forward

give goldsack a go this week i reckon

rocca should dominate against harris, rocca has been taking some good contested marks, hopefully he plays a full game instead of a half or quarter

Rocca and Cloke, if they kick straight, will kick a bag each. It will be a high scoring affair, and we need to bring our kicking boots. I would give Tooves a run on West, get him to shut him down. West is very difficult to tag, but I reckon give it a go. Harry to play on Johnson, and we have Presti or Maxy as backup if required. Presti to take Darcy when he is forward. I think this will be a very open, fast paced game, we must use the corridor and get it in fast to our big boys. Medhurst and Leon will be great ins. Medhurst, Didak, Cloke, Rocca, Davis, Bryan/Fraser....deadly forward line.

As for the comment on not bringing Leon and Medhurst back, Leon will play off half forward and push up the ground, as will Dids a little. So its not an issue. Also, I think someone should tag Cooney... he is a gamebreaker. Pendles to have 40 touches and Rocca to kick 15. Go the pies.

Collingwood's kicking have been woeful in the past 3 weeks at goal but I am very certain it can't possibly last another week surely 21,20 & 17 behinds in consecutive weeks can't continue.
Why? The reality is we often kick poorly. Travis has an appalling goal %. Rocca is hot and cold and until he gets hot this year he will continue to miss easy goals. At least he can bomb the 60m ones which saves him. Unless Pendlebury and Didak are having the shots we will continue to kick poorly at goal. We have generally got away with it to date although the Port misses were costly. When we play quality sides we will lose because we will miss too many goals. It isn’t an aberration it is reflective of our skills. We didn’t correct Tarrant’s kicking and unless we actually work very hard at it we won’t correct Travis’ either.

honestly i cant c eaither team kicking big scores but it will b close if pies find the range they will win if the doggies find there run we should win:thumbsu: go dogs

Fraser/ Darcy matchup is going to be interesting. It should be a much tougher test for Fraser as he will be actually playing against a ruckman this week.

Hi fellow believers,would like to see Leon Davis and Egan back in the side and maybe blood one of the youngsters for Wakelin either Goldsack or Reid.
I think our Brazilian gun and Maxwell have done enough in the back line to suggest we could drop Wakelin for a young kid.
Illes,Toovey or maybe rest Dick for the frst 2 inclusions.

Melbourne matched them last weekend because Daniher refused to let them have an extra man at the back for most of the game. In the past, their run out of the back is where they've killed us - and it's where most of their attack comes from. We need to match up McMahon, Gilbee and at least one other with 3 of our blokes who are genuinely quick and prepared to chase and tackle.

Leon has come on a lot in this area of late, so he's one. Dick could perhaps take another. Not sure about out 3rd option. Egan is deceptively quick but willingness to chase has never been his strong point. Not sure that any of Tarks, Thommo or Medhurst are fast enough for the job (for all their other strengths). Whatever, we have to make them accountable down back or they'll take us apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back