Collingwood / Western Bulldogs / Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah nah. Dawes>Stanley. And I didn't want us going anywhere near Dawes.

Stanley has done nothing more than Liam Jones has, aside from winning a grand final sprint.

but you have to weigh in the development factor for a bloke his size as they usually take a good year or two (sometimes 3) until they bridge the gap on the smaller blokes.
He's basically the size of a ruckman and you hardly see many rucks winning a foot race with a key defender.

Once he gets it together, he'll really start to take his game up a gear and will be tough to stop given that reach of his.

Just because "not much" can be taken out of it doesn't mean us BFers aren't going to do our damn best (and worst) to extract that little that we can :p

Correct me if I am wrong...did Carlton 'win' the pre- season competition and the wooden spoon in the same year?

but you have to weigh in the development factor for a bloke his size as they usually take a good year or two (sometimes 3) until they bridge the gap on the smaller blokes.
He's basically the size of a ruckman and you hardly see many rucks winning a foot race with a key defender.

Once he gets it together, he'll really start to take his game up a gear and will be tough to stop given that reach of his.
So basically it's guess work on how he'll develop?
In the same way I could say Jones will continue like he did in 2011 and get to the point where he never loses a marking contest by the time he's 24.

So basically it's guess work on how he'll develop?
In the same way I could say Jones will continue like he did in 2011 and get to the point where he never loses a marking contest by the time he's 24.

fair enough, just seen a bit of Stanley and reckon he looks a player.

Nothing against young Jones at all, reckon Jones is a talent and rated harshly by opposition fans because he's basically the sole target in the forward line and has two defenders to contend with on most occasions.
Cordy will be a big inclusion no doubt.

I'm assuming you took offense at something I said, not sure what tbh.

I am looking forward to round 2 though, the rivalry has felt a bit dull recently.

I actually thought you were two different posters, probably because I am pissed as all hell. Now that I know you are one and the same I will say this...do not be so quick to deal death and judgement, only the very wise can see all ends (Gandalf, 200?).

I actually thought you were two different posters, probably because I am pissed as all hell. Now that I know you are one and the same I will say this...do not be so quick to deal death and judgement, only the very wise can see all ends (Gandalf, 200?).

Again not sure what I said that has given you the impression that I was dealing "death and judgement". Do you mind cluing me in what I've said that has caused offense?

Again not sure what I said that has given you the impression that I was dealing "death and judgement". Do you mind cluing me in what I've said that has caused offense?

You have not caused me any offence at all dude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with what I saw. Goddard will be a great get. Kommar (or whatever his bloody name is) shocked me. Never heard of him before tonight. Hibberd has come on astoundingly well, feel he's set for a big 2013. Same will Bellchambers, he looks massive. Peptites working a treat there. And Dustin Fletcher is football's Keith Richards. A medical and scientific impossibility.

thought Morris did well considering the 18 month lay off.

Took a couple nice contested marks in defense and didn't seem out of place.
May have to break the mental barrier though as it would be tough to put the body on the line again to test out the leg if need be but not sure how many touches he gathered in tonight's games.

And Dustin Fletcher is football's Keith Richards. A medical and scientific impossibility.

His secret is that he feasts on the massive loads of jizz that the commentators release every time he is in the general area of the ball. That's what gives him his strength to go on. "Can you believe it, he just hit a target. What a marvel!"

I enjoyed how this thread turned from a Bulldogs/North shitfight, to a Essendon/North shitfight almost seamlessly. Who would of thought it?

How did Morris go?

Caught 5 minutes of the last game. Thought it was interesting how they showed Kavanagh's aerobic stats and compared him to a current player, is this new? Wonder where they get their information.

Did basically as expected. Took some nice grabs, a nice tackle. He will be good for the run but certainly not at his best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back