Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, agreed.

But they are the men who understood that to survive North needs to be showtime as it were - they are the innovators in every facet of the game that made that happen, from being the only club that properly exploited the 10 year rule, leading the comp in attracting big name interstate talent, driving and developing Friday nights.

A better way to describe it would be "the marketers, the hangers on, the leaches and the grandstanders" that you refer to all owe their existence to us.
Dead right!
Also, actually I was referring to the AFL machine in general, not specifically us.
I know it’s outdated now but the book AFL inc sums it all up well.

Anyway, I know you’re off the singing syrup these days, but I’m not!
So am now off the the ASB (Arden st bar) for a big one!
Cheers!

Dead right!
Also, actually I was referring to the AFL machine in general, not specifically us.
I know it’s outdated now but the book AFL inc sums it all up well.

Anyway, I know you’re off the singing syrup these days, but I’m not!
So am now off the the ASB (Arden st bar) for a big one!
Cheers!

Enjoy.

I'm having a puff of the peace pipe before the game to calm my nerves

You called.

Tasmania’s bid for its own team has accepted that the state’s best chance for an AFL licence will come through relocating an existing club, rather than a 19th team.

In a turning point that has shifted the focus back onto North Melbourne – although the Kangaroos remain adamant they will never relocate – the powers behind the Tasmanian government-appointed task force believe the AFL Commission will not consider expanding the competition to 19 teams in the wake of savage cuts to the game forced by COVID-19.

Holy s**t Caro. Just give it up already.

This is Caro's wet dream.

View attachment 1076503

I swear I see this exact article published every single year?
Always with a North player in the photo of course. Why do these peanuts continue to think there is any chance in hell that we would ever relocate to Tassie after what happened 13 years ago, and our administration constantly stating we will never relocate?
Hey dickhead 'journos' that inevitably lurk here, how about you go look up St Kilda's financials and compare them to ours you bottom feeding parasites. If you write an article about them you might actually get some actual traffic on your websites instead of just a single person who screenshots/copy pastes the entire thing for everyone.

If you dont want to move to Tasmania then its more important than ever to get your memberships regardless of how the team is going or how bad the current administration is. It'll be low member numbers that will lead to the club relocating more than anything else.

i will preface this by saying i don't want any club to relocate. but it's ******* remarkable how they manage to skate by every time there's a discussion of this. i try to be charitable with caro but i just can't ******* fathom the thinking behind writing yet another "north (might be) in the gun" article that contains official quotes from the club and the afl completely ruling out and refusing to entertain the idea.
Become a parody of herself.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I lifted this from the AFL board. Football isn't dying there, it's dead.

SUMMARY:

1,159 players entered the AFL system via the drafts & various rookie/supp lists from 2011-2020

27 were from Tasmania (2.32%) and 16 of them have since been delisted.

Aaron Hall.......... 103 games for GC . 21 games for NM ...................
Henry Schade....... 20 games for GC ... 8 games for Coll ...... delisted
Jimmy Webster
... 93 games for StK ..............................................
Jesse Lonergan...... 60 games for GC ................................. delisted
Jackson Thurlow.... 46 games for Geel. 17 games for Syd.......delisted
Sam Siggins.......... 0 games for Adel ................................. delisted
Toby Nankervis
... 12 games for Syd.. 70 games for Rich ................
Kade Kolodjashnij.. 78 games for GC ... 2 games for Melb ...... retired
Jake Kolodjashnij
110 games for Geel ..........................................
Alex Pearce......... 53 games for Freo ............................................
Brady Grey............ 21 games for Freo ................................delisted
Eli Templeton......... 14 games for StK ................................ delisted
Zac Webster........... 0 games for Haw ................................. delisted
Josh Watts............. 0 games for Bris ................................. delisted
Josh McGuinness..... 0 games for Bris ................................. delisted
Kieren Lovell.......... 2 games for Haw ................................. delisted
Mitchell Hibberd...... 4 games for NM .... 5 games for Ess ...... delisted
Mackenzie Willis...... 5 games for GC .................................. delisted
Ryan Gardner.......... 0 games for Geel .. 12 games for WB .................
Hugh Dixon............ 1 game for Freo .................................. delisted
Tarryn Thomas
.... 26 games for NM ..............................................
Chayce Jones....... 23 games for Adel ............................................
Fraser Turner.......... 0 games for Rich ................................. delisted
Mitchell O'Neill........ 0 games for WCE ................................ delisted
Matt McGuinness..... 0 games for NM ...............................................
Patrick Walker......... 0 games for NM ...............................................
Isaac Chugg........... 0 games for Coll ..............................................

From a full decade of drafts, there are only 3 Tasmanians who would be in their team's best 22: Toby Nankervis, Jake Kolodjashnij, Alex Pearce
Plus 2 fringe players: Aaron Hall, Jimmy Webster... Plus a pair of young guns: Tarryn Thomas and Chayce Jones

Edit: Ben Brown, Body Mihocek and Jay Lockhart shifted from Tassie to Melbourne and were recruited from the VFL
I didn't realise this when I was looking through the past national drafts

If you dont want to move to Tasmania then its more important than ever to get your memberships regardless of how the team is going or how bad the current administration is. It'll be low member numbers that will lead to the club relocating more than anything else.

Look at the bigger picture.

What is going to be a bigger hypothetical long term headache for the AFL, North struggling occasionally on a downswing, or a full time Tasmanian team?

My view is that the AFL would simply prop up North from time to time, and save a shitload of money in the long run.

This is why THEY haven't excluded funding matches in Tasmania.

The AFL doesn't want North consumed by Tassie as they would be swapping an occasional small headache for a full time brain tumor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the bigger picture.

What is going to be a bigger hypothetical long term headache for the AFL, North struggling occasionally on a downswing, or a full time Tasmanian team?

My view is that the AFL would simply prop up North from time to time, and save a shitload of money in the long run.

This is why THEY haven't excluded funding matches in Tasmania.

The AFL doesn't want North consumed by Tassie as they would be swapping an occasional small headache for a full time brain tumor.
Pretty sure North getting 50k+ member numbers for consecutive years would move the relocation conversation to another team.

Pretty sure North getting 50k+ member numbers for consecutive years would move the relocation conversation to another team.

I doubt it would matter as far as Tassie are concerned.

Making their Mark on Prime Amazon is bloody awesome from a footy perspective.

(Hopefully there is a S2 and we’re in it!!)

How much of it is focused on Richmond, Gaso? Pretty sick of hearing about the Tigers at this point tbh and have never really liked Hardwick's smugness.

That's how I view it also, however the NMFC cannot be relocated unless it wishes to do so.

From their perspective, then tactically I see this as their best move.

This also signals that any NMFC --> Tasmanian relocation would only be for license attainment purposes, and that in the event of this occurring, the NMFC aspect would be quickly diluted, then dispatched.

If they cut ties with Hawthorn and seek to extend the package of games with North, then a coup is in the air.

It's time to pack up and get out of there.
Only members can chose not to be relocated, so no one gives a s**t about your view.

What a load of dribble in the last few pages!

People are seeing s**t in an article written by a serial North hater......

I don't know how many times I have to write this "The Tassie Government are not interested in a re-located team... FACT!" whether it's right or wrong for the chances of a team. The Gutwein Government know a relocated team will not "capture" the Tassie publics "interest".

Apart from the contract talks re us (and we're fighting hard to retain the 4 game, 4 million a year deal, we're bloody desperate for it!) and Hawthorn, the ONLY OTHER AFL CLUB mentioned at the meeting Wednesday, was St.Kilda, for obvious reasons, the AFL is massively concerned re their debt.

I'm not going into HOW I know!

There are guys on here that just want to bag every comment in a thread, just because that's what they do...... it's really boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back