Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't care much if it wasn't for the fact they don't give the campaigners strikes. If you test positive for illicit substances in any of your tests, including these ones being talked about, then you should either get a ******* strike like your DRUGS POLICY dictates or you should be starting a rehab program. The AFL talks about how they're looking after their players welfare and blah blah blah, but they're just enabling the buggers every single which way while completely white washing away rampant drug use and pretending the league is a bunch of clean skinned paragons. ******* no one gets a third strike. No one. Their system is bullshit.

The problem with lying is it tends to get messy. What treatment does the medical team give the player who suffered a late "ankle injury" before the game. Do they strap it up or is it straight into the moonboot?
How long does the charade continue?

Strapping = weed
Moonboot = cocaine
Moonboot and crutches = meth

The interesting question would be how many 'secretive tests' were done on average per week.

This is the question that no journo had the guts to put to Dillon.

It’s not “self reporting” if the same bunch of players are getting tested every single week.

I want to know the highest number of tests for a single player. If they received a strike per positive test, what are we up to with some of them? Strike 20?

It’s not “self reporting” if the same bunch of players are getting tested every single week.
None of the parasites want to risk their place at the trough.

campaigners.

Personally I don’t get the uproar. Seems like a pretty reasonable policy to me.
I know what you mean, but the unofficial test could also be easily used to check for performance enhancing drugs as well.

If clubs are doing that knowingly to protect their players from official tests, then they are delving into Russian Olympic team levels of cheating.

I know what you mean, but the unofficial test could also be easily used to check for performance enhancing drugs as well.

If clubs are doing that knowingly to protect their players from official tests, then they are delving into Russian Olympic team levels of cheating.
They’re altering the outcomes of games to prevent players going positive on match day.

It’s obscene.

Cocaine is a party drug, but it is flat out performance enhancing too. Run through walls stuff. And if you still have it in your system, you have had it very recently.
Cocaine is run through walls stuff? Lol ok. You have an uber amount of confidence thats for sure.. I think you are confusing it with meth amphetamine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't that the job of the sPoRTs sCiENtisT?

Cocaine is run through walls stuff? Lol ok. You have an uber amount of confidence thats for sure.. I think you are confusing it with meth amphetamine
Not at all, you get energy, endurance and ridiculous self belief from cocaine. All of it really handy when playing a sport like AFL.

I know bugger all about meth, but I know what coke does for you.

Not at all, you get energy, endurance and ridiculous self belief from cocaine. All of it really handy when playing a sport like AFL.

I know bugger all about meth, but I know what coke does for you.
We can certainly rule out any North Melb player then. If its such a performance enhancing drug, explain curtis taylor?

Shaun Smith : “If knew there was a drug culture in AFL, I would have made him play Baseball or something instead”

Ok Shaun … nothing 💉💊to see in Baseball 🤣😂

View attachment 1940716
Vote Voting GIF by Resistbot

I want to know the highest number of tests for a single player. If they received a strike per positive test, what are we up to with some of them? Strike 20?

Meanwhile over at North meet the Media we get journos asking everything under the sun

Meanwhile over at North meet the Media we get journos asking everything under the sun
“What’s that big light in the sky?”
“Why is it so bright?”
“Should I look directly at it?”

I just can't get up in arms about recreational drug use, I'm sorry. It's so normal, it's way too demonised (no pun intended), I don't think this can be compared to actions like the * Supplements saga where an organisation set out to achieve an unfair advantage through a secret injection program. I don't know if I can see it as immoral for the club to say "hey, it'll destroy these guys' lives way more to receive a long term suspension and have their names dragged through the media than if we just try to give them support behind the scenes, it might be better to just rule them out for a game and deal with the matter privately." And it kind of seems like that's what this was.
Yeah i agree and i think the AFL snookered themselves by signing up to the WADA code in the first place, it has forced them into a corner when a/ its not an international sport b/ despite some peoples view AFL footballers are not professional athletes the WADA code is designed for they are simply really well paid footballers and c/ they are footballers; young men in the prime of their lives doing something they enjoy being handsomely rewarded for it and indulging in all that being feted by the football public brings which is essentially sex, drugs n rock n roll. All very natural for young men which is why they developed this work around, otherwise I would hazard that some weeks some teams may have struggled to field a full AFL grade team, plus if players are wiped for 4 years that would have played havoc with some teams in particular big clubs. In relation to * I think the biggest mistake they made was not availing themselves of this policy at the time to check if their supplements were detectable and if they had come clean with the AFL right from the start in all likelihood this policy would have protected them.

Finally I am a big fan of banning all reporting and social media of all AFL players during their off season and stopping drug testing during this time, they deserve some time where they can be simply young men. The definition of drugs that enhance performance needs to be reviewed I have trouble believing pot, heroin, acid or booze enhances somebodies performance, if a player tests positive for these take an educational medical welfare approach and send them to counselling.

That is all.

b/ despite some peoples view AFL footballers are not professional athletes the WADA code is designed for they are simply really well paid footballers and
I highly recommend you look up the definition of "professional athlete"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back