List Mgmt. Contract Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Pyke have a contract that runs till end of next year?

Also why is this thread not a sticky?
Plus Derickx and Towers.

I think the mods removed it because there were too many stickies and after a while people tend to not notice the stickies any more.

Yep too many stickies, only can have so many before we are asked to cull

We have the Useful Links and Rules thread stuck to the top of the board where we have this thread included in the links.

Interesting call coming up. Captain of the club but not someone that turns games or anything..

I still feel there is a role for him, but it is just a question of where that role is. Is it being the designated tagger, which he was good in his first season or two? Is it as a defensive forward? As a mid I feel he has issues, especially his no right foot.

The ones I'm really interested in over the next 2 months are Aliir, Hewett, BJack, Marsh, Naismith and Robinson. They are playing for contracts, who will earn one?

The others can stay on the rookie list for another year if needed, or are senior players.

The ones I'm really interested in over the next 2 months are Aliir, Hewett, BJack, Marsh, Naismith and Robinson. They are playing for contracts, who will earn one?

The others can stay on the rookie list for another year if needed, or are senior players.
Marsh gone. Possibly Hewitt. Naismith and Aliir stay due to poor depth in the areas they play. BJ and Robinson stay as they are also good depth players.

Does Buddys contract have a back clause in it where if we ruin his back he is not counted in the cap
His contract can have whatever clause it wants - we wouldn't have to pay him, but it would still count in the cap.

His contract can have whatever clause it wants - we wouldn't have to pay him, but it would still count in the cap.

Thought maybe the afl had cap relief if you cripple the player

So why does the Boyd contract which is similar length not have the same rigid conditions like Franklin contract?
Im just joking around..

Boyds contract counts in the cap no matter what

Thats just standard

So why does the Boyd contract which is similar length not have the same rigid conditions like Franklin contract?

because franklin is 10 years older, and most players don't play until 36.

I'm not opposed to the conditions, you can't have teams signing players on 9 year deals, only for them to retire with 4-5 years left of the deal, and it not factor into the cap the last years. just sets a bad precedent

because franklin is 10 years older, and most players don't play until 36.

I'm not opposed to the conditions, you can't have teams signing players on 9 year deals, only for them to retire with 4-5 years left of the deal, and it not factor into the cap the last years. just sets a bad precedent
Goodes needs to take Buddy by the ear, and say..THIS is how you play to 35, snap to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back