Could Fox Footy ask for Six Match Super Saturdays come 2025?

Remove this Banner Ad

calculon559

Team Captain
Jul 28, 2022
AFL Club
Geelong
Would it be in Fox Footy's best interest to request Saturday fixtures such that they can have a tripleheader on both Fox Footy & Fox Sports 503 for their 'exclusive'* Super Saturdays? More importantly, would YOU be interested in such an arrangement?

*I say 'exclusive' because non-Victorian teams still get almost all their games on fta in their home state.

I like to have the option of watching as many matches as possible across the weekend, with no overlap in a perfect world.

If they were going down this path, they'd have something like 2 stand alone games in exclusive timeslots, and the other 4 would be available on Kayo for those wanting to watch full games with FOX Footy doing an NFL RedZone type arrangement hopping from game to game.

I like to have the option of watching as many matches as possible across the weekend, with no overlap in a perfect world.
True, and could be done with a five-day round, but the current situation is infinitely better than, say, the NFL; NINE GAMES at the same time Sunday morning/arvo.
Speaking of...
If they were going down this path, they'd have something like 2 stand alone games in exclusive timeslots, and the other 4 would be available on Kayo for those wanting to watch full games with FOX Footy doing an NFL RedZone type arrangement hopping from game to game.
See, this would interest the hell outta me, but I don't think that's Foxtel's thinking.
For starters, that would mean making Kayo the main focus, rather than the side-hustle it currently is. As good as Kayo is, all it's video is just portions of Foxtel's coverage from Fox Sports, ESPN and beinSports, the only exceptions being stuff not on Foxtel due to lack of interest and/or channel space. The whole dynamic would have to reversed for your idea to work, as intriguing as it is.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back