Craig McDermott

Remove this Banner Ad

Just ripped off people a mere $17 million :thumbsdown:
I have no interest in other people's investments or financial affairs, whether they're successful or failures.

Some investments succeed and some fail - especially on the Gold Coast.

Call me when he is prosecuted for fraud. In the meantime - buyer beware, and invest money with open eyes.

We will be alright, he would have left a good culture that can be continued.

Wonder who will take over....hopefully it's someone with a bit of ticker!

I am not a fan CM's business ethics, but he's been a GREAT improvement in our coaching stocks.

Would like to see someone else with a KISS solution to coaching, which is what McDermott did.

Just ripped off people a mere $17 million :thumbsdown:

I think he owes only part of that, and he wasn't in charge, he was predominantly the face for the con, and he's out of pocket to the value of everything he owns.

I am not sure on the details but as he put his name to paper he does carry a big liability.

Love his work with the team, and lets face it, he was the second best fast bowler for aus behind Mervyn at the time with 280 odd wickets at 28 or 29, so he's a fairly decent piece of work for Aus.

This in a time when, with the exception of dean jones and Alan Border, our fielders couldn't catch a cold in the rain, in a london, and we changed wicketkeepers more often than border shaved and LBW's didn't exist in the subcontinent.

With Alastair De Winter on trial at the minute, I just hope Pat Howard appoints Waqar Younis as Craig McDermott's replacement. He will command the immediate respect of each bowler who is selected to play for Australia in all 3 forms of the game. They would listen to his advice. He has the record on the board.

Has Alastair De Winter played test cricket?

THE GOVERNOR

Why would you assume good test bowler = good coach? More often than not it's their natural talent that got them to the top, and you can't teach talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back