Remove this Banner Ad

Sir G

Club Legend
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
mayne tigers
Well with all the talk on here with which clubs would you have in certain comps. Members are saying this particular club should be in this league because are too good or bad. So create your own divisions and place what team you think belongs eg

QAFL

1. Labrador
  2. Palm Beach
  3. Broadbeach
  4. Wilston Grange
  5. Mt Gravatt
  6. W/Magpies
  7. Mayne
  8. Noosa
  9. Surfers Paradise
  10. Morningside
Hyperthetically Have the next 2 best Divs called AFLQ Div1&2 made from QFA North & South and the best out of QAFA Clubs if you think they have potential to move. I will do my proper one later Please discuss

Why not just call the top Division QAFL Div 1 , then each division under it called the next number. Then create a proper path from one division to the next.
Promotion and Relegation based on Ability not on how much money the club has.
Each year the top two from lower divisions go up, the bottom two go down
In a perfect would each club would have a Seniors Team, A Reserves Team and Colts Team, No more thirds or fourths teams.
Each club should be limited to a total number of players allowed on the books to fill the Senior and Reserves teams and then no more. Excess players will goto other clubs.

Ill wake up from my dream now LOL ....

Exactly like that RAZ I played in the EFL and it was simple EFL div 1 , 2 , 3 and 4 and then amateur leagues . Made perfect sense and top team went up and bottom team went down . Simple

I was confused when I first came up here with the state association div 1, qafa, qafl, neafl I didn't even know what comp I was in for the first 2 years .

If the NEAFL fails it should be

AFLQ Premier League
Aspley
Brisbane Reserves
Gold Coast Reserves
Labrador
Morningside
Mt Gravatt
Redlands
Southport
Western Magpies
Wilston Grange
Noosa

AFLQ Div 1 GC
Alexandra Hills
Broadbeach
Burleigh
Coolongatta
Coomera
Coorparoo
PBC
Robina
Springwood
Surfers Paradise

AFLQ Div 1 North
Aspley
Caloundra
Kenmore
Mayne
Maroochydore
Moreton Bay
Nambour
Sandgate
UQ
Yeronga

AFLQ Div 2
Bond Uni
Beenleigh
Carrara
Griffith Uni
Ipswich
Logan Suns
Park Ridge
Pine Rivers
Redcliffe
Victoria Point
Wynnum

3rd Div single teams
AFLGold Coast

Ballina
Byron
Jimboomba
Lismore
Robina
Tweed

AFL Brisbane Div 1
Collingwood Park
Coorparoo
Ipswich Cats
Ipswich Eagles
Kedron
Kenmore
UQ
Woodsmen
Yeronga

AFL Brisbane Div 2
Bribie Island
Ferny Grove
Gympie
Maroochydore
Mayne
Pomona
Sandgate
Zillmere

Div 1
Broady
Grange
Labrador
PBC
Mt Gravatt
Morningside
Surfers
Sherwood
Noosa
Mayne

Div 2 North
UQ
Sandgate
Caloundra
Maroochy
Aspley
Moreton Bay
Coorparoo
Kenmore

Div 2 South
Robina
Coomera
Springwood
Yeronga
Burleigh
Moorooka
Bond Uni
Alex Hills

Ammo A's
Pine Rivers
Park Ridge
Cararra
Vicy Point
Redcliffe
Ipswich
Wynnum
Suns
Nambour
Kedron

Ammo B's Central
Yeronga
Kenmore
UQ
Coorparoo
Collingwood Park
Ferny grove
Woodsmen

Ammo B's North
Zillmere
Sandgate
mayne
Bribie
Maroochydore
Pomona
Gympie

Ammo B's South
Ballina
Tweed
Lismore
Robina
Byron
Jimboomba
Beenleigh
Cooly

Exactly like that RAZ I played in the EFL and it was simple EFL div 1 , 2 , 3 and 4 and then amateur leagues . Made perfect sense and top team went up and bottom team went down . Simple

I was confused when I first came up here with the state association div 1, qafa, qafl, neafl I didn't even know what comp I was in for the first 2 years .
I still have no idea how it all works. Which is the professional league, which is the amatuers?

Thanks for any assistance in working it all out .

Yeah strange set up.

When I first played in Brisbane it was the old South Queensland Australian Football association which changed to the BAFL with Gold Coast teams in it a few seasons later, which then changed to the AFLSQ a few seasons after and has since changed a few more times since.... what a waste of time.

Also the Top flight was called the QAFL then changed to the QSFL then AFLQSL, and now it's gone full circle back to the QAFL?

In my opinion it needs to be clear between the QAFL (first and second division) and the South Queensland AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back