Cricket 2016/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Maybe all cricket talk in here , as opposed to the random (miggs dating thread )
I believe T20 is destroying some young cricketers, as they can't cope with change from that format to First class.
I also believe that Glen Maxwell might be another Ian Harvey, great to watch, but can't go to the next level.

Big Ba$h is a cash cow and Cricket Aus are going to milk it for all its' worth.

I'm not sold on day-night tests yet but the Adelaide one last season was an undeniable success.

Going to be a very exciting test summer...Pakistan and SAF should both give us a real run for our money.

Australia way too worried about big bash

Play one day tournament in a block in spring, no where near when we need to select a one day side

One dayers just plonked randomly

Too many short pointless test series
all test series should be 3 games absolute minimum

Big Ba$h is a cash cow and Cricket Aus are going to milk it for all its' worth.

I'm not sold on day-night tests yet but the Adelaide one last season was an undeniable success.

Going to be a very exciting test summer...Pakistan and SAF should both give us a real run for our money.
wanted to get over for the RSA day night test but all my mates are too cheap :(

I see the inquest into Phil Hughes' death has commenced. Whenever his name is mentioned I wonder how Sean Abbott is going on a personal level. Obviously totally blameless but such a ****** up thing to carry on such young shoulders

I see the inquest into Phil Hughes' death has commenced. Whenever his name is mentioned I wonder how Sean Abbott is going on a personal level. Obviously totally blameless but such a ****** up thing to carry on such young shoulders
Yeah poor bastard will never shake that.

wanted to get over for the RSA day night test but all my mates are too cheap :(

I had a couple of mates go last year and absolutely loved it...said the city was rocking afterwards as well. It was a nice change seeing an Adelaide test that didn't have 1500 runs scored.

Yeh it would be pretty tough but he'll have a pretty great support network around him including Phil's family which would no doubt help. Geez I miss the little fella, was such a joy to watch.

I had a couple of mates go last year and absolutely loved it...said the city was rocking afterwards as well. It was a nice change seeing an Adelaide test that didn't have 1500 runs scored.
Yeah so im stuck going to WACA for opening test. Should be a good battle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah so im stuck going to WACA for opening test. Should be a good battle

I'm stuck going to Boxing Day which normally means you see about half of the first session then end up at the Royal for the next 6-8 hours!

I'm stuck going to Boxing Day which normally means you see about half of the first session then end up at the Royal for the next 6-8 hours!
If south africa ever agree to play a boxing day test here il be heading over asap. But given they are stubborn bastards and only want to host it every year i dont like my chances. On the bucket list for sure.

If south africa ever agree to play a boxing day test here il be heading over asap. But given they are stubborn bastards and only want to host it every year i dont like my chances. On the bucket list for sure.

They were here for a Boxing Day test a few years ago weren't they? I vaguely remember going to day 2 or 3 and watching Steyn and Duminy (I think) bat almost all day.

They were here for a Boxing Day test a few years ago weren't they? I vaguely remember going to day 2 or 3 and watching Steyn and Duminy (I think) bat almost all day.
08 i think was the last. But they have since said they wont be coming for another as they like to host their own and neither aussies or rsa were happy to give that up.

08 i think was the last. But they have since said they wont be coming for another as they like to host their own and neither aussies or rsa were happy to give that up.

Yeh can't blame them given the revenue it would generate, but it seems stupid that they only want to host an ODI or T20I on Boxing Day instead of a test.

Yeh can't blame them given the revenue it would generate, but it seems stupid that they only want to host an ODI or T20I on Boxing Day instead of a test.
pretty sure they have made durban or maybe PE into a boxing day test ever since. I might be wrong though. I seem to recall having a cricket binge from 7am perth time watching the aussies then the rsa test until the wee hours. Mrs miggs wasnt happy thats for sure.

pretty sure they have made durban or maybe PE into a boxing day test ever since. I might be wrong though. I seem to recall having a cricket binge from 7am perth time watching the aussies then the rsa test until the wee hours. Mrs miggs wasnt happy thats for sure.

Shoulda given mrs miggs access to your BF posts. That would've cheered her up yathink?

nah that was a couple of years ago before she ran off with my best mate. I only joined BF last year but i appreciate the tip ;)

Sorry miggs. Mine ran off with a colleague. Did me a favour.
Back to the cricket!

What are your best cricket moments?

It's a bit random but mine was 2010 working at Adelaide oval for the Ashes. The Barmy Army's human mascot Vic "Jimmy" Flowers got kicked out (for sitting on someone's shoulders I believe) & barred for 72 hours. An uproar ensued and Jimmy was allowed back in the following day. One of my colleagues took a photo of Jimmy and I with backs to the oval and facing the scoreboard. The army cheered and broke into a rendition of "Is she really going out with him"

What are your best cricket moments?

It's a bit random but mine was 2010 working at Adelaide oval for the Ashes. The Barmy Army's human mascot Vic "Jimmy" Flowers got kicked out (for sitting on someone's shoulders I believe) & barred for 72 hours. An uproar ensued and Jimmy was allowed back in the following day. One of my colleagues took a photo of Jimmy and I with backs to the oval and facing the scoreboard. The army cheered and broke into a rendition of "Is she really going out with him"
I organised the last 5 Balmy Games in Melbourne for my old club in Albert Park. Jimmy is a legend.
My personal best was 6/49 off 36 and that was getting Dennis Pagan out as well, absolute rat. Had a couple of 9 fors, but that was my best and miggs loved lefties in the early days, but then learnt to hate them when discoved a leg cutter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back