Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone here still do TA?

This is how I see things playing out. Lower high, then dump. I'm wrong if we hit 48k.

View attachment 1895913
Drawing a line on a chart is not TA, that just looks like a guess. What triggers do you see for this type of PA? Why low 30s for the bottom? GBTC outflows are slowing down (Blackrock did more inflows on a day late last week) and halving is a couple of months away.

Drawing a line on a chart is not TA, that just looks like a guess. What triggers do you see for this type of PA? Why low 30s for the bottom? GBTC outflows are slowing down (Blackrock did more inflows on a day late last week) and halving is a couple of months away.
TA is a form of best guessing.

Yes, but explain your squiggle then, what triggers that PA? There still needs to be some kind of underlying thesis about predicting future PA.
I don't want to. Let's see how things play out.

Needs to keep making higher lows from that late january run. So long as it does that, it's fine in the trend IMO
GBTC outflows have also dropped to nearly less than $100M USD/day, it's almost a non factor now. I have not seen anything in either BTC or alt charts to have any cause for concern, it's just a classic consolidation period after a major leg up (most alts did 10-15x since last October, BTC 3x from lows). Next leg starts sometime this month imo, volume has stopped to a crawl which means sellers are exhausted and the market is just waiting for the buyers to return.

Last edited:
Ah, ok, it really wasn’t a complex question…
A pump based on news is usually a clear top, so the dump should have been expected. I posted about it before it happened. We've had the dump.

There's resistance around 45k that's clear on the charts. It's not uncommon to see a pump into resistance before a dump. There's another strong s/r zone around 38-40k, which is why I had a blip there on my chart. I don't think that will hold.

Does anyone here still do TA?

This is how I see things playing out. Lower high, then dump. I'm wrong if we hit 48k.

View attachment 1895913
Now that we've hit that 48k invalidation region it's surely gonna dump?

Yes Lisa, two wrongs make a right :)

I wonder if we do do a second dump back to that ~40k area pre-halving or it is just up-only from here.

I wonder if we do do a second dump back to that ~40k area pre-halving or it is just up-only from here.

I suspect we ramp up to halving then after halving a nice dip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Lisa, two wrongs make a right :)

I was really hoping to buy more around 30k. Damn, feels like I've missed out...so we probably get another dump somewhere along the line. Fingers crossed anyway.

Historically we've had 3 pre-halving dumps out of 3 halvings. The first pre-halving dump dropped us from $15 to under $10 even though you won't see it in that chart without squinting.

I suspect we would have stopped out around 7k in 2020 without a black swan event.

PgkTJJMz

I've got a reasonable amount of $$ invested, which after a year or two of being in the complete s**t, is now back to break even point with the recent rise.

I am now torn between just taking out square or very slightly up, vs sticking with my original plan and hopes and keeping it for the long term. The recent break even is based on a few assets and not across the portfolio as a whole.

I was in same position last bull run

Got ****ed 2018 then had to wait till 2020/21 whenever it was. Went back and recovered. I quickly took it out. Then it all boomed from there. I was pissed.

Depending on your personal text-financial position, coins invested etc. But I be waiting till after halving. like 2025.

Thats what I learnt anyway. But everyone´s context is different.

Those paid advisors were right. It is going below 1000 dollars. They have never been wrong.

crypto aint the first bubble. Plenty Of people have made money off bubbles. But in the end just as many lose money as make it. The money is made first. The money is lost second. If your only argument for supporting crypto is the bull run that happened made people money in the recent past then thats one big sign to get the hell out. You need another reason.

Check the date (Dec 2022), this was the bottom signal

Bitcoin has more than tripled in value since then

Last edited:
I don’t understand why so many people love to jump on the crypto hate bandwagon, instead of actually trying to understand it and make the most of these generational wealth making opportunities. These times won’t be here forever, so instead of spending energy calling it a scam, why not use that energy to make the most of trying to get ahead financially? Heck, you may even find you enjoy it!

I don’t understand why so many people love to jump on the crypto hate bandwagon, instead of actually trying to understand it and make the most of these generational wealth making opportunities. These times won’t be here forever, so instead of spending energy calling it a scam, why not use that energy to make the most of trying to get ahead financially? Heck, you may even find you enjoy it!
I'm not against crypto, what I hate about it more is the 'investors'

Most of it has no underlying use case, like literally nothing. You're not investing, you're not smart or wise putting money into a coin that is a dog meme or whatever. Whether that goes up or down, its genuinely dumb AF putting money into as it's really worth zero. That side of it is a bubble, surely you agree there?

Then that side of it overshadows anything that does have a use case.

But, even then, those with a use case has very little 'need' for its own token if we're being honest. These are what cops hate

The people, the lack of use case, and unnecessary tokens. All pretty valid criticisms IMO

The absolute best part is the 24/7 market of it. A true free market, unlike the ASX where bots close out large positions are 3.59pm before close or manipulate etc despite 'regulation'

Gambling should be a good winner on it too. Sportsbet block winners instantly, a crypto bookie hopefully takes over with decent liquidity soon. A global betfair clone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back