Multiplat Cyberpunk 2077

Do you think that this game will eventually live up to its hype?

• Yeah

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 29 69.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's also pretty cheap on the console digital stores. I was tempted to get it in preparation of their eventual upgrade but we'll have at least Christmas and Easter sales between now and whenever that might be.

$34.97 at the moment on the PS Store and apparently the PS5 version will be a free upgrade.

Retailers in the US were flogging it off for $10usd over the weekend. $20aud prices really shouldn't be far away.

On one hand, I am enjoying the s**t out of it. The RPG progression elements are very, very strong; build customization is stellar. The combat is tight, even if some opposition could do with behaving a little smarter, but that fits into the world. The worldbuilding is great, the visuals (when working correctly) are awesome. Story is well acted/written; kind of wanted the option to take the blue pill whenever Keanu shows up, instead of being forced to talk to him.

However...

I'm on PS5, and I have on average a crash every hour and a half of play. Load times are sometimes 2+ minutes long. When driving anywhere, at any speed, you're going to have to wait once exited your vehicle for the area around you to load from a texture to detail. If you travel at top speed, you will frequently drive faster than the game can load the road in front of you. The map is extremely buggy; sometimes, I will press pause and just wait for the map to reload, give it a moment to think for the quest marker to load. I can and have fallen through the map numerous times whilst driving.

Each story mission I've done has resulted in a crash halfway to three quarters of the way through it. If I choose to skip any driving section in which V is a passenger - after exhausting the dialogue - I run the risk of a crash before the game reloads. Any timeskips at all risks a crash.

If they'd released it as a PC exclusive, it'd be fine; I wouldn't have played it, but it would've. But it's not running as a finished product should on a PS5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On one hand, I am enjoying the sh*t out of it. The RPG progression elements are very, very strong; build customization is stellar. The combat is tight, even if some opposition could do with behaving a little smarter, but that fits into the world. The worldbuilding is great, the visuals (when working correctly) are awesome. Story is well acted/written; kind of wanted the option to take the blue pill whenever Keanu shows up, instead of being forced to talk to him.

However...

I'm on PS5, and I have on average a crash every hour and a half of play. Load times are sometimes 2+ minutes long. When driving anywhere, at any speed, you're going to have to wait once exited your vehicle for the area around you to load from a texture to detail. If you travel at top speed, you will frequently drive faster than the game can load the road in front of you. The map is extremely buggy; sometimes, I will press pause and just wait for the map to reload, give it a moment to think for the quest marker to load. I can and have fallen through the map numerous times whilst driving.

Each story mission I've done has resulted in a crash halfway to three quarters of the way through it. If I choose to skip any driving section in which V is a passenger - after exhausting the dialogue - I run the risk of a crash before the game reloads. Any timeskips at all risks a crash.

If they'd released it as a PC exclusive, it'd be fine; I wouldn't have played it, but it would've. But it's not running as a finished product should on a PS5.
Have you put many hours into the game?
They are releasing the native PS5 and xbox series version q1 2022, which should make it as good as the PC versions. It's a free upgrade if you already have the PS4 copy.

Have you put many hours into the game?
They are releasing the native PS5 and xbox series version q1 2022, which should make it as good as the PC versions. It's a free upgrade if you already have the PS4 copy.
Awesome, I'll do that then when it's available.

I don't suppose you know if I'll be able to transport my saves across?

Could just be me.

Do you have a hard copy of the game or an online version?

Hard copy - sounds like you've had a unlucky run.

If history is anything to go by you should have no issue transferring your save across to PS5.

Hard copy - sounds like you've had a unlucky run.

If history is anything to go by you should have no issue transferring your save across to PS5.
Online for me.

Could be that's it, then. Might wait to see how I go with the upgrade, then if that doesn't fix the issue have a look at a hard copy.

Online for me.

Could be that's it, then. Might wait to see how I go with the upgrade, then if that doesn't fix the issue have a look at a hard copy.

Save your money. There is no difference between a physical and digital installs. Once installed it only checks for ownership.

At the end of November they said it was still on track for a Q1 release.

There’s a few stories floating around today about the re-release that mention a new title with free DLC.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Already squashed.

Source was 4chan.

Just added a poll to see who thinks this will live up to its hype?

Bugs, glitches, etc everything aside. Let's pretend the game is completely cleaned up (I haven't played it since launch so I don't know the extent of fixes to date). The game was actually ran well and was really pretty on PC and I imagine it will too on PS5 and Series X once it gets the next gen treatment. But does this game have potential to achieve its expectations?

I'm not sure anymore. There was some pretty cool quests, I enjoyed the main story, but unless the game was entirely pulled apart and reassembled I'm not sure it will be able to be what we were lead to believe it would be in the years leading up. IMO the sandbox was pretty lifeless unlike Witcher 3 that felt like a living and breathing world, and I'm not sure the content is there. Is a next gen facelift going to make it all better? I don't think so anymore. I guess we will find out.

Back