Danny Williams... GOOOOOONNNNNNNNNE

Remove this Banner Ad

Just caught it on the nrl website video.

Pretty nasty. As Wayne Pierce said at the time he hasn't seen anything like it for 10-15 years.

Storm have undone all that good work of the last few weeks now through that brain explosion.

Originally posted by koreanwarrior

Storm have undone all that good work of the last few weeks now through that brain explosion.

Please do not blame the Storm as Danny did it by him self and not the team.

There should be no excuess what Danny did.

Re: williams

Originally posted by thetigerman
Danny Williams just another meat head, great ad for people to watch Aussie Rules

Who was the last sport to have an all in brawl where two players tried to strangle an opposition player? :eek: .

Good thing you've got the media on the side. Considering the coverage Greg Bird Got, The papers would be on overtime covering every Knee and Elbow to the head in your game...

Let's not turn this into a slagging match between two codes, we have to remember that no one sport has a monopoly on on or off-field thuggery just as no one government, country, race, religion, etc has a monopoly on mankind's flaws.

The Williams incident was deplorable, and hopefully he will get an appropriate punishment.

I can give you perfect examples of such things happening in other sports- it's happened in ice hockey (witness what Todd Bertuzzi did earlier this year), it's happened in soccer (Gilles de Bilde for Anderlecht vs Aalst), do I have to go on?

What matters, however, is that when these incidents happen IN ANY SPORT the authorities concerned hand out a sufficient punishment to send out the right message.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know if you guys caught the AB test v the wallabies in the weekend but Brendon Cannon caught Mealamu with a cheap shot that caught him flush. Luckily Mealamu was'nt knocked down or anything and stuffed a few punches back in Cannon's face.

Both players left the field sinbinned and to get their faces stitched.

Similar kind of thing though but luckily Mealamu didn't get knocked out.

Regarding the comment I made about the Storm undoing thier good work I was thinking more of the good PR they were getting and good results. Now they blew a try and possibly the game with that punch and the media will get good mileage from the incident.

But of course it was one guy and not the whole team.

The West Tigers were using high shots and forearms the whole game. As most NRL clubs do every week against the Storm. Especially targeting Slater with pure cheap shots.

Finally someone had the guts to stand up to it. Well done Danny. He deserved it.

Pity he wasnt playing AFL. He would've got 3 weeks with fans/coaches/media saying it was too harsh.

Danny will deserve everything he gets as it was totally unecessary and one of the most ugliest sights I've seen but if Badger had seen O'Neill's high shot the whole thing would never have happened. But he missed a hell of a lot on Saturday so it's no surprise he missed something so obvious.

Originally posted by AuckMel
18 weeks is being talked about. Sounds about right.
That will end his NRL career i'd say, considering he has not re-signed with the storm and is pushing 30 now. Don't know if other clubs will be scrambling to pick the guy up, so he'll probably go to England.

Originally posted by nicko18
That will end his NRL career i'd say, considering he has not re-signed with the storm and is pushing 30 now. Don't know if other clubs will be scrambling to pick the guy up, so he'll probably go to England.

Nah the Rabbitohs will sign him :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nicko18
It's OK - he's got a fight against Mike Tyson coming up.:p :p

Only kidding.;) :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back