Darwin Football Association - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natone will be thereabouts, have plenty of talls in the Trolley boys, Suter, Cook and Dann as well as Ock and Heald who are both handy in the air as well as smart on ballers in Milo, Maxy Fisher , Moppa and Schulzy now in the ones.Can South rely on one goalkicker in Baldy and have they got backups if he goes down with an injury ?By the way, well done on him to reach the ton at the weekend, maybe that should be in the Darwin write up instaed of the other crap that tosser continually writes !Is Rohan Baldock as a 22 year old the greatest full forward in the DFA-good debate.He has kicked over 100 twice now but his 10 never helped Somerset win the big one but i reckon the South side is more even than Somerset side that got beat by Ridgley yet the Roos team this year is also better than back then.I think the Premiership is as wide open as it has been for quite a while.I hope the correct decision as best as it can be will be made in tegards to umpires for the finals as there appears to be "personal" decisions made against certain players which is not on.Battle for the wooden spoon this week Yeoman V the dogs
Talk about a long week in football, last week it was two horse race for the premiership

Mate, he is the best full forward in the State and yes he is better than West in the Leven and Wickham in the NTFA:thumbsu:[/quot

You are joking about Rohan Baldock being the best Full Forward in the state. Danieal Wickham from Roachlea would be a lot better then Rohan Baldock. He Kicks bags of goals every year. But Brett Geappen would far away the best Full Forward run around the state at the moment.

Mate, he is the best full forward in the State and yes he is better than West in the Leven and Wickham in the NTFA:thumbsu:

Great player but don't think he's the states best . If he is then nwfa rep player ricky wesselson must rate fairly highly as one of the best fullbacks in the state !?. Geappen by far the best foward in the state .

Mate, he is the best full forward in the State and yes he is better than West in the Leven and Wickham in the NTFA:thumbsu:

Chalky. WE AINT MATES! but yes he is the best in the league! not the state as he has not produced at a higher level! i aint that good but even i know ya got to take a few steps up before blokes start talking like that!

Can any body let me know if the rumour I heard at Wivenhoe on saturday is true or false about the umpires last week at Queenstown in the senior game Queenstown verses Cuprona CHEATED to give a young Queenstown boy an easy mark plus a 50 metre penalty. I noticed in last Fridays Advocate one of the umpires involved was not named to umpire a game anywhere in the Darwin Football Association any where. May have been for disiplinary reasons. Can some one confirm this one way or the other please.

Chalky. WE AINT MATES! but yes he is the best in the league! not the state as he has not produced at a higher level! i aint that good but even i know ya got to take a few steps up before blokes start talking like that!
Very true. We know that players have to be playing at a very high level ie. TSL before thay can be the best in the state. Would Go Geappen, Finch, Crawford, Reynalds, Cassidy for my top 5!

You blokes right about the umpires herd Coulson was hit behind play 3 or 4 times on saturday got free kicks offenders got f k all .Umpires should send them off and this sort of s**t would stop.Typical south by the sounds of it

You blokes right about the umpires herd Coulson was hit behind play 3 or 4 times on saturday got free kicks offenders got f k all .Umpires should send them off and this sort of s**t would stop.Typical south by the sounds of it

you straight away gave yourself away champ! "herd coulson was hit behind play" Nigel Coulson is a very smart footballer but in my opinion lets himself down with the amount of squeling that goes on on the feild!

how about you get to the footy and have a look for yourself before you start making big calls about clubs!

Can any body let me know if the rumour I heard at Wivenhoe on saturday is true or false about the umpires last week at Queenstown in the senior game Queenstown verses Cuprona CHEATED to give a young Queenstown boy an easy mark plus a 50 metre penalty. I noticed in last Fridays Advocate one of the umpires involved was not named to umpire a game anywhere in the Darwin Football Association any where. May have been for disiplinary reasons. Can some one confirm this one way or the other please.
Not true, ball was knocked out of the players hand in the act of marking in the forward pocket and a 50 metre penalty paid for the abuse given to the umpire by the Cuprona reserves players behind the goals towards the decision, nothing init and a fair decision

Very true. We know that players have to be playing at a very high level ie. TSL before thay can be the best in the state. Would Go Geappen, Finch, Crawford, Reynalds, Cassidy for my top 5!
Fair call boys, only through it out there for a bit of banter, Budgie has the goals on the board yes but really is an on-baller as his ball drop is not that of a "true" full forward however thes players at the "higher" level would struggle as most do coming back a tier or two what with delivery, players inadvertently getting in to leading space, umpires, smaller and less quality footballs that is why young Baldocks efforts are extraordinary and dont forget the better defenders in the DFA could play up a level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still is, South and Natone and South odds on to win but I could be proven wrong - again:)

Make up your mind as your post a couple of days a go had "I think the Premiership is as wide open as it has been for quite a while" or does that mean wide open for Natone and south

Mate, he is the best full forward in the State and yes he is better than West in the Leven and Wickham in the NTFA:thumbsu:[/quot

You are joking about Rohan Baldock being the best Full Forward in the state. Danieal Wickham from Roachlea would be a lot better then Rohan Baldock. He Kicks bags of goals every year. But Brett Geappen would far away the best Full Forward run around the state at the moment.

Great Debate you guys have got going here. Dave Wickham would be hard to toss as the best full forward in the state he is averaging about 10 a week in arguably the 2nd best comp in the state and is a gun, have seen him play first hand. Ro Baldock is easily second behind him in my opinion. Budgee Geapan is a super player but not a true full forward and helps all the boys passing it to you at any cost when you are coach.

Great Debate you guys have got going here. Dave Wickham would be hard to toss as the best full forward in the state he is averaging about 10 a week in arguably the 2nd best comp in the state and is a gun, have seen him play first hand. Ro Baldock is easily second behind him in my opinion. Budgee Geapan is a super player but not a true full forward and helps all the boys passing it to you at any cost when you are coach.

Wickham needs to do something at a higher level. However, I'm sure he could do a good job.... As for Baldock, how many NTFL games did he play?

BTW - What is a "true" full forward? Anyone that can lead and take an overhead mark? Brett could certainly do that!

Wickham needs to do something at a higher level. However, I'm sure he could do a good job.... As for Baldock, how many NTFL games did he play?

BTW - What is a "true" full forward? Anyone that can lead and take an overhead mark? Brett could certainly do that!
5 for Burnie, 4 for Wynyard and 1 for the league! So in total 10. Nothing outstanding!

These 5 players are all guns no doubting that, but do we all forget that the statewide has only been in for a year, previous to this nearly everyone in the state was playing NTFL,NTFA and SFL etc. And i didnt notice these guys kicking tons year in year out like Whickam and now Baldock do. No doubt in my opinion that these two names would be on top of the leading goal kickers lists if they were playing statewide. Plenty of examples down south the show that the transition is made easily if the pplayers have enough talent, i.e T. Standen (sorell to clarence) and J. Howe (dodges to hobart) both guys are dominating at their respective clubs.

These 5 players are all guns no doubting that, but do we all forget that the statewide has only been in for a year, previous to this nearly everyone in the state was playing NTFL,NTFA and SFL etc. And i didnt notice these guys kicking tons year in year out like Whickam and now Baldock do. No doubt in my opinion that these two names would be on top of the leading goal kickers lists if they were playing statewide. Plenty of examples down south the show that the transition is made easily if the pplayers have enough talent, i.e T. Standen (sorell to clarence) and J. Howe (dodges to hobart) both guys are dominating at their respective clubs.

Are you guys for real? You are comparing full forwards in the Dfa to the best in the state:eek:
Could be,would be blah blah blah. How many goals do you seriously think some top notch players running around in state league would kick in the DFA?
There are many around with the talent that actually do something about it, not be a big fish in a small pond. Unfair to compare.

Are you guys for real? You are comparing full forwards in the Dfa to the best in the state:eek:
Could be,would be blah blah blah. How many goals do you seriously think some top notch players running around in state league would kick in the DFA?
There are many around with the talent that actually do something about it, not be a big fish in a small pond. Unfair to compare.

I hope we find out next year mate and you blokes have to eat your words! Full Forward for the NTFL rep side is not much of a step below lining up in the square for Burnie or Devonport

Not many with the delivery !Just a bit of fun and something to talk about:)

I hope we find out next year mate and you blokes have to eat your words! Full Forward for the NTFL rep side is not much of a step below lining up in the square for Burnie or Devonport
Baldock DID make the NTFL side and kicked four or 5 plus the Tas Under 23s and gues what, would have a ton if he was at Clarencr but I know he is not but good on him for holding down a career that he can utilise when he does go to a higher level:footy:

Not doubting Budgie one little bit was a champion with the Devils, just think he is more of a natural goalkicking on baller

I would love to see Baldock playing at a higher level I think he is wasted a bit in DFA , in a good side would kick a heap at higher level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back