Certified Legendary Thread David Mackay PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

this is the anti-chooklotto tribunal thread, designed to demonstrate how corrupt the tribunal is

the anti-David Mackay thread is here:

please post accordingly

Last edited:
So before a charge has even been laid, Hocking has stepped in over Christian, and said that 3+ is appropriate.

The club must show a backbone here. We've got 95% of the football public in our corner.
There is no way the tribunal will have the guts to find him not guilty. They'll all be sacked the next day.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

5d6ps7.jpg

AFL want 3+ weeks suspension (severe, high, careless and unreasonable contact), but have left it up to tribunal.

Watching it back, I didn't even think that Mackay was bracing for a bump. Looked like he put his hands out to take possession. Clarke takes possession that split second before him and they collide. Mackay just happens to be more side on, which results in shoulder to jaw collision. He doesn't even come off the ground until they collide and Mackay's light weight puts him into the air. I don't think any Crows fans will care if Mackay doesn't play the next month, but I think it's ridiculous if he gets any weeks.

Attachments

• mackay (1).jpg
    mackay (1).jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 74
  • mackay (2).jpg
    mackay (2).jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 73
  • mackay (3).jpg
    mackay (3).jpg
    116 KB · Views: 76
The AFL loves to send a 'please explain' well we should send one to them for doing something unheard of and not grading something before going to the tribunal. What a shit show of an organisation.

And please stop posting that Cotchin one. It still upsets me he played in the 17 GF. Imagine if Tex did that in a prelim. He would have got a 50 week ban.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

New week, another ridiculous send off to the tribunal and the media whipping themselves into a frenzy. There have been some shockers this year, but this one just takes the cake. The game of Aussie Rules football is in big trouble.

Can our Club comment on this ungraded bullshit before it goes to the tribunal? I think we should come out on the front foot and say this can change the fabric of the game and we will support David as he was going for the ball as all footballers do, we won't back down etc take it to the high court etc

Anytime there is a footy collision that involves the head it's would then be reportable so no more high flying marks

AFL want 3+ weeks suspension (severe, high, careless and unreasonable contact), but have left it up to tribunal.

Watching it back, I didn't even think that Mackay was bracing for a bump. Looked like he put his hands out to take possession. Clarke takes possession that split second before him and they collide. Mackay just happens to be more side on, which results in shoulder to jaw collision. He doesn't even come off the ground until they collide and Mackay's light weight puts him into the air. I don't think any Crows fans will care if Mackay doesn't play the next month, but I think it's ridiculous if he gets any weeks.
Yep, the images you’ve shown are pretty conclusive that both were going for the ball. Both full intent on winning the ball, with the collision being an unfortunate sequelae.

Footy collisions are not uncommon at all, just in this instance there is a broken jaw. Had it been simply bruised or broken ribs, both would be praised for their commitment and courage at the ball. The outcome here is the penalty, and not the actual act of the collision.

Can our Club comment on this ungraded bullshit before it goes to the tribunal? I think we should come out on the front foot and say this can change the fabric of the game and we will support David as he was going for the ball as all footballers do, we won't back down etc take it to the high court etc

Anytime there is a footy collision that involves the head it's would then be reportable so no more high flying marks
100% agree. Imagine DMac gets rubbed for a month. Then later Thilthorpe gets involved in a similar incident, accidentally knocking out an opposition player, how would we then all feel?

Whatever the decision we'll accept it diplomatically like good boys.

Whatever the decision we'll accept it diplomatically like good boys.
I hope we don't get shat on by the AFL.

I'm all for Mackay not playing footy but more than that I'd love every Adelaide person with a microphone to be speaking out and defending us for once and for the club to kick up a huge fuss in the media instead of sitting quietly waiting for our punishment.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just find it hard to believe this is the same David Mackay who was once knocked over by the force of the ball in the act of taking a regulation chest mark.
I wonder if the club is compiling those gifs as a defence.

im sorry, but that statement really now means it is irrelevant whether he went to bump or not. it is extremely concerning that they can't make a decision within their own laws and are now trying to circumnavigate them to justify a suspension. that is extremely piss poor and gutless.

'At the Tribunal, Tribunal Counsel (instructed by the AFL), will allege that player Mackay carelessly engaged in Rough Conduct that was “unreasonable in the circumstances” in contravention of AFL Tribunal Guideline 4.4(E) which proscribes “any conduct which is unreasonable in the circumstances”. '

i mean what the **** is this verbal diarrhoea? are we now just deciding suspensions of the 'feel' or the 'vibe' of people on the day? is it still unreasonable rough conduct if his jaw isnt broken or just regular rough conduct? the club has to be absolutely spitting chips with this.

I doubt there's many non aligned supporters that aren't in the Crow's corner here.

The AFC must use all resources at their disposal to defend this matter for the good of the sport. This is a hideous abuse of power.

There's a few I have read who are also against the report.

BA17825D-DDFD-4B53-843D-A1CA433AFFD3.gif

This is much bigger than the Adelaide FC mate.

This is a sliding door moment for the sport.
Absolutely correct. I would feel the same about this regardless of the club involved as the AFL have actually said in their release today that it doesn’t matter if the ball was his sole intent or not. That goes against everything that we have been told by coaches, clubs and the AFL for ever. It means that potentially any time a player is injured in the future, regardless of intent, then the player who doesn’t get injured can be suspended.

it is also a complete dereliction of dutie by the AFL, as they are passing the responsibility for head injuries and player safety onto the players and away from themselves. They are obviously terrified of future litigation and so are absolving themselves of any duty of care, but to expect players to make considered decisions in a thousands of a second is reprehensible really.

See
If the MRO came out and said
Careless
High Contact
Sever Impact

Rule states 3+ weeks and it went to the tribunal, it would be challenging to overturn it

But because the MRO put his hands in the air and went, idk, you deal with it.
And when the tribunal is normally filled with ex-players

I wouldn't be shocked if DMac turns up and they're like 'why the f*ck is this here, NOT GUILTY'

What's in Mackay's corner is that the AFL will have to consider that a Vic favourite son might do this on the eve of finals

They won't want to box themselves in
Like Trent Cotchin?

Back